• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Kindness Box

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Helping others is the first step in making the world a better place and improving the lives of those who aren’t as lucky as you. But it’s also shown to bring about a wealth of benefits for those who choose to help and might just be the key to happiness!. Helping others will make this a world a better place to live without any grudges, sadness, jealousy, inequality, it shows that the upbringing of the person is done well and the person has empathy. God has not given equal life to all some are poor some are rich, rich should help those poor and live life side by side without making feeling poor that they are nothing in this world.

A small help can give a smile to anyone and after that, you will feel happier than that person whom you helped. You will feel that your living is not worthless, you’re serving your purpose by uplifting others. As everybody deserves a second chance likewise everybody deserves help in their bad times without any discrimination on the basis of caste, color, sex, helping other people will increase your virtue.
If you help someone with something, somewhere in life you will get double of that thing. We have listed Helping Others Quotes which will open your mind towards divine energy and you can make a change and spread happiness by helping others.

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
If you’re familiar with Tony Robbins, you may know one of his favorite sayings. It goes like this, “Living is giving.”

As much as the man’s strong personality annoys me at times, I have to agree with him. I feel most alive and happy when I’m giving to others.

It doesn’t matter what country you’re in or if you’re old or young, giving is a sure way to make you happy.

Giving can take any form you want. You can donate to charity or you can give of your time.

Read more tips at this huge site -

Giving is number 6 out of 15

Cheers!

Last edited:

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
If there’s one thing everyone on the planet wants to do, it’s to be happy. As it turns out, giving is an excellent way to achieve this.

Of course, being the one receiving money, gifts, or support from others will make us happier in some way. But those who know the secret behind giving might have a second motive – making themselves happy. There is a lot of scientific evidence that giving in practically any form has enormous benefits for the giver.

In this article, we’ll explain the science behind why giving makes people happy. We’ll also tell you five easy ways you can give to be a happier person.

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Here's a few "different" news sites!

Cheers!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I don't think I've seen this story here

What We Get When We Give

A number of studies have shown that there are major health benefits from volunteering - as long as the motivation is unselfish. “It’s not how much you do for others, but the kindness you pour into it,”

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Sometimes, the key to your happiness is tucked away in the act of being selfless.

Helping others and performing acts of kindness can give you a sense of purpose and fulfillment.

Whether it’s volunteering at a local animal shelter, mentoring a struggling student, or simply being there for a friend when they’re going through a rough time, these acts create a deep connection with others and a sense of joy.

When you light up someone else’s day with a small act of kindness, you’re igniting your own joy, too.

It’s like a ripple effect — a gift that keeps on giving.

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
In the teachings of Confucius, a central concept known as “Ren” (仁) holds a place of great importance.

Ren can be translated as “benevolence,” “humaneness,” “kindness,” or “compassion.”

It is a virtue that emphasizes the quality of humaneness and the importance of relationships in the pursuit of leading a happy life.

At its core, Ren encourages us to cultivate empathy and compassion toward others, recognizing the inherent value of every individual and the interconnectedness of all people.

Embracing Ren means treating others with kindness and respect. When we approach our relationships with empathy and compassion, we build stronger and more meaningful connections with others.

These bonds enrich our lives, provide emotional support, and create a sense of belonging that is essential for happiness.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
In our world today (especially on social media), it can feel that kindness has become a lost art. The goodness in people can seem to be lost in all of the tension and conflict in the world today.

In a society that seems to care more about winning an argument than caring for peoples’ hearts, I want to choose to be intentional about showing my kindness (especially to those who don’t deserve it).

Sometimes that means reaching out to people I haven’t heard from in a while or maybe helping someone in the grocery store that looks like they are having a hard time. Sometimes things as simple and reassuring as just smiling and intentionally asking people around me how they are doing can make a world of a difference.

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Kindness is something our world is desperate for. With growing fears and anxieties, everyone could just a kind word or gesture. As Christians, God calls us to be the light in the world - to love and be kind to all, even our enemies! This collection of Bible verses about kindness will allow God to speak to your heart about the importance of kindness, which in the end leads to good in the world.

Sometimes the difficulty we face in being kind stems from a need to forgive someone else. You can read these bible verses about forgiveness to remind you of the power of forgiveness not only for the other person but for yourself! The Scripture tells us in Ephesians 4:32 - “Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.”

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Live-your-best-life.png

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Kindness quotes can lead you down the path of being a kinder, more compassionate person. Sometimes, we forget how big of an impact acts of kindness can have on others. So on days where you wake up a bit grumpier than usual, you might want to bookmark this page to help remind you to get back on track. Here are 130+ kindness quotes that’ll make you a nicer person.

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Some of life's most tender lessons can be shared best through simple children's stories. Children's literature is full of inspiring tales of giving, of being nice to others, and of doing the right thing, even when it's not easy. Here in this list we've gathered the best kids books about helping others. The messages in the books on this list can be helpful for kids (and adults!) of all ages, whether it's a board book for a young child that shares a lesson about using kind words, a picture book with a message about kindness for middle school age kids, or a chapter book a family reads together about not judging. Children's books have a unique ability to present these powerful lessons about helping others through encouraging, memorable, and inspiring stories. There are three types of book on the list: board books, picture books, and chapter books. You can filter the list by type or browse the full list. You can also use the table of contents to jump to specific ideas, like helping others and friendship or helping others and sharing. We hope this list is a helpful resource for parents, teachers, and others teaching kids about helping others. Let us know what books you would add to the list!

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
One of the wonderful things about kindness is that, unlike some other enjoyable things in life, how much you do it is entirely up to you. If you’d like to have a life filled with love and kindness (and let’s be honest, who doesn’t think that sounds good?) all you need to do is be more loving and kind. Ok, I say ‘all you need to do’ but I know that it can often feel so much harder than that. With so many things going on, with our own hopes, thoughts, fears and fantasies vying for our attention, it’s quite possible, even probable, that kindness gets left out. So I think it’s helpful to remember that kindness is an innate quality of the mind, something that we all have the capacity for. In fact I’d even go so far as to say that the mind, unobscured by self-centered thinking, is kindness.

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Can you remember the last time someone was unexpectedly kind to you?

I’m guessing at least some of the people in your life are kind to you on a regular basis. Or at least I hope they are! But maybe their kindness feels commonplace because it’s made up of lots of little things that they do often… like asking if you want a cup of coffee when they’re getting their own, or saying, “I love you” in that rote way we do before hanging up the phone.

Small gestures like this are always valuable and worth appreciating and acknowledging. But there’s something about an unexpected act of kindness that can jolt us awake from the trance of daily living and make us feel seen, valued, and loved.

I’ve been reflecting on kindness a lot lately since revisiting Brad Aronson’s book HumanKind (which is in itself an act of kindness, since all author royalties support the non-profit Big Brothers Big Sisters).

The book shares some truly inspiring stories about kindness and its impacts, and it’s full of simple but powerful ideas to make a positive impact in someone’s life.

More at this site -

Enjoy!