• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Invisible War: God verses Satan

Soundwave99

@Soundwave99 As far as the hedonistic elements, they also extend into the intellectual realm as well. It's not merely about sex, drugs, and rock and roll. Though it may include all of those things. :D[/QUOTE]

Nothing wrong with a little hedonism.;)

Animore

Great. You can explain that more in detail.

Onyx gave a perfect explanation.

If the pursuit of one's own higher potential is asinine, then guilty as charged. I'm actually perfectly okay with the term "self-worship" within the context of a self-directed and self-oriented religion where the responsibility rests on the individual. It doesn't imply omniscience or omnipresence or anything ridiculous like that.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Seems like a lot of 'misunderstandings', lol. I'm pretty sure it generally isn't. If it is, you might want to be telling 'satanists', that, not me

also ,'lhp', /I don't like that label, isn't the subject of this thread. ie 'satansim'.

your generalizing

Yes, you're obviously well educated on the subject!

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
They conflate Satanists, Witch, Wiccan, Druid, and nearly anything else pagan to be the same thing, so that's sort of why I put this post here.

Satanism has been a misunderstood path for centuries starting during the Satanic Panic. My dad has always put his blame on my beliefs as well, blaming the fact that I hate Christmas due to the representation of Christianity. My dad also mixes the confusion with Thelema within Satanism such as bringing up the term "Do what thou wilt," which is a term within Thelema not Satanism. Many people are rather blinded of what they find by trying to research Satanism, at times they might stumble upon hoaxes of hoaxes. What even bugs me is my dad claims I use Satanism as a drug, on which I consider to be offensive in a way. I apologize if my post is off subject but your post seems similar of some of the common misconceptions. People will always be the herd while us Satanists are the spectators of the herds.

Last edited:

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
*Raises hand*

Atheistic Satanists are atheists who use Satan as a symbol. Many are LaVeyan Satanists who follow Anton LaVey's Satanic Bible and view Satan as a symbol for rebellion, questioning and hedonism.

Your getting me confused, you mention atheistic Satanists and some can be LaVeyan? In my opinion you are saying the same thing but in a confusing way. If you are talking about Satanists within the Satanic Temple they are not Satanists but Atheist liberals who use Satanism for political purposes.

Onyx

Premium Member
I consider this bull sh*t, I recalled stumbling upon this sh*tless article needless to say. My dad of course wanted me to abandon Satanism by giving me this article to read.
Yeah it is, I shared it for the comedy value but I can see how it might not be so funny considering your situation. Sorry man.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Do Christians still really think Satanists represent their enemy?

I was recently reading various social media sites and political feeds, and it seems that there are many Christians who know nothing about Satanism but rather accept their denominations view of the situation as the absolute truth. They conflate Satanists, Witch, Wiccan, Druid, and nearly anything else pagan to be the same thing, so that's sort of why I put this post here. I felt it was curious to combine these things into one thing, and I guess find it strange in that I have no enmity toward Christians. (Though, I have some resentment to it... being forced on me during my youth...)

How many of you really know what a Satanist is?
When I was a hardcore Bible-thumping Baptist during a former life, yes, they thought Satanists were uber-baddies for having such an open and willing alliance with the devil. I had not ever, at least being aware of, met a Satanist at that point, and I doubt any of them ever had either.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Just throwing this out there, but if one is going to give a path a name that already has a negative stigma, people are going to view it by that stigma unless educated otherwise. Given that Satan is the villain in the Bible, Christians not familiar with the path are going to view Satanists as villains.

Satan also represents the animal nature of man and is a symbol of defiance in regard to social norms. The Satan of the Bible isn't really a bad guy, he's the chief prosecuting attorney for the crown, so notions that he is evil or malaligned are sort of projecting in the first place. Logically, people want easy lives and do not want to be tested or to think. The symbol of that logic, those challenges, as well as the illumination received by them are viewed in a poor light. (This is especially true for the ignorant medieval masses from which this dichotomy originates.)

For most Satanists the symbolic nature of Satan is in the context of a promethean figure who represents everything that makes us a little better than the animals who are on all fours. Logic, art, music, magic, and nearly anything else are what make us different... Satanism just celebrates that rather than trading it in for the after death pension plan.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
When I was a hardcore Bible-thumping Baptist during a former life, yes, they thought Satanists were uber-baddies for having such an open and willing alliance with the devil. I had not ever, at least being aware of, met a Satanist at that point, and I doubt any of them ever had either.

I think that their caricature of Satan really has little to do with the Bible at all, and is merely a mind control tool. Our biblical Satan isn't really that bad of a guy... I tend think of my relationship this way:

1) If there is a Satan, he is a force of nature which represents our human nature itself.

2) If there isn't, the symbol represents everything that is good about human nature.

Unfortunately, I am unable to view the universe any better than anyone else nor am I am more able to separate the subject, object, and viewer any better. If I could, I'd proudly pick between these two and be over with it. :D

Mindmaster

Premium Member
You're getting your apples & oranges mixed up. Many Satanists take self worship literally, it's obvious. I'm just surprised that you actually are making this argument in some literal way.
Writings may not match how followers etc, actually practice, as well, this is basically expected, actually.
Youd find this in other groups, not just Satanism.

That's probably why , if you don't mean ''self worship'', then don't say it.

If you are making a facetious comment, might I suggest you make a thread in jokes? :D

There are agreements, which when made by any number of people, do formulate a path and the minor variations as well as differences in expression are irrelevant. Analyzing these traits with a myopic attention to detail will simply prevent you from seeing the forest for the trees. I find it curious that you find these minutia important enough to mention here, or relevant to the thread. It is very obvious to me that there are many takes on Satanism and the left-hand path itself and that to quickly summarize them would be missing the mark entirely. I just found it strange that you attempted to do that in one word, hence my comments.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I think that their caricature of Satan really has little to do with the Bible at all, and is merely a mind control tool.
While I don't disagree, it's more complicated than that. They Bible does mention Satan and Hell way more frequently than it does God and Heaven. The Christian Devil, of course, is based first of the Jewish angel ha-Satan, but was reinvented when he makes his NT debut in Matthew. He's also heavily and very much a bastardized version of some Pagan deities, especially Pan. The Bible does tell its followers to be on the look out, that the Devil is hiding in the shadows, and that he is a hungry lion waiting to devour those caught off guard (meaning, to lure Christians away from God). It is no doubt a tool of mind control, because an iron fist rule needs a good adversary, and how can you get people to go along with all that nonsense and actually believe it without establishing dire and horrific consequences for not going along and believing. But, it's further made interesting and complicated when you bring up the fact that God either directly or indirectly did over 99% of the killing in the Bible, and that it is God who established these very harsh, strict, and often barbaric laws. Other than claims of "father of lies," and other such things, there is actually nothing Biblical to suggest that Satan is more violent or dangerous than God.

shmogie

I was recently reading various social media sites and political feeds, and it seems that there are many Christians who know nothing about Satanism but rather accept their denominations view of the situation as the absolute truth. They conflate Satanists, Witch, Wiccan, Druid, and nearly anything else pagan to be the same thing, so that's sort of why I put this post here. I felt it was curious to combine these things into one thing, and I guess find it strange in that I have no enmity toward Christians. (Though, I have some resentment to it... being forced on me during my youth...)

There are satanists, and satanists. The hokey fools who play the game with costumes, inane "rites",mumbo jumbo, and licentiousness are one thing. But, there are others. I have never come across them that I know, but I learned much about them from an FBI expert on them who briefed my department on their crimes and malevolent action's. They really exist and are out there.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
There are satanists, and satanists. The hokey fools who play the game with costumes, inane "rites",mumbo jumbo, and licentiousness are one thing. But, there are others. I have never come across them that I know, but I learned much about them from an FBI expert on them who briefed my department on their crimes and malevolent action's. They really exist and are out there.

SRA bull **** never dies, does it.

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
Yes, Christians take anything that reveres nature as Demonic. So it's all the same to them.
No. The Satanist is not the enemy, Satan himself is.
My definition of a Satanist is someone who may or may not practice psychodrama or the dark arts and most likely worships themselves or Satan as a personal being.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
If you are making a facetious comment, might I suggest you make a thread in jokes? :D

There are agreements, which when made by any number of people, do formulate a path and the minor variations as well as differences in expression are irrelevant. Analyzing these traits with a myopic attention to detail will simply prevent you from seeing the forest for the trees. I find it curious that you find these minutia important enough to mention here, or relevant to the thread. It is very obvious to me that there are many takes on Satanism and the left-hand path itself and that to quickly summarize them would be missing the mark entirely. I just found it strange that you attempted to do that in one word, hence my comments.

What is the relevance of this thread?
Using phraseology in an uncommon manner, is either vague, or obfuscation.

This thread isn't in a DIR, hence if it only makes sense in a specific context, isn't very useful at all.

Soundwave99

Your getting me confused, you mention atheistic Satanists and some can be LaVeyan? In my opinion you are saying the same thing but in a confusing way. If you are talking about Satanists within the Satanic Temple they are not Satanists but Atheist liberals who use Satanism for political purposes.

What I'm trying to say is that there are LaVeyan Satanists and then there are other Satanists who are also atheistic but are not LaVeyan. The Satanic Temple is an example of this, but there are independent atheistic Satanists who are members of neither the CoS or the TST.