• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Four Dirty Secrets Against Darwin Evolution

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
How is the BB theory even related to this? (answer: it isn't).
It is. Much, if not most of it, is based on guesswork, not evidence, because what is considered by scientists as evidence does not definitely verify the theory. But if you say so, and scientists say so, that's what counts for you.

exchemist

Veteran Member
It is. Much, if not most of it, is based on guesswork, not evidence, because what is considered by scientists as evidence does not definitely verify the theory. But if you say so, and scientists say so, that's what counts for you.
You know perfectly well the difference between guesswork and evidence. You just don't like the evidence, so you try to ignore it in order to pretend it is guesswork.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
If you want absolute proof, you will never get it. But there can be enough evidence that we have proof 'beyond a reasonable doubt'.

YoursTrue

If you want absolute proof, you will never get it. But there can be enough evidence that we have proof 'beyond a reasonable doubt'.
While I know there is a controversy about "kinds," I (1) do not believe evolution has really solved the problem/mystery of supposed evolved organisms from -- let's say -- fish to humans. They may conjecture in line with the proposed theory, but that's about it. Because there is nothing to show that this type of evolution happened as proposed in realtime. Only suppositions based on a pre-set formula. But really, from my observations of the theory plus evidence scientists think fit, it does not add up. Or show for certain anything. Thanks though for conversation. I appreciate it.

YoursTrue

Sorry, but I don't agree. Many people have been wrongly convicted or put to death because the juries were either were prejudiced or convinced that the evidence was beyond a reasonable doubt.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Atheists spend so much time wrapping themselves in the denial of God they go to the grave leaving themselves without hope
Being an atheist takes no time or energy at all. Being a humanist does, but not being an atheist.
Now that you know of God, the b8ble specifically says you are without excuse. So if you now refuse to then believe, you are automatically condemned. Unless you change its kaput for you
Critical thinkers have no reason to believe that. That's for people willing to believe by faith to worry about. Such dogma has no power over skeptics:

"To the philosophy of atheism belongs the credit of robbing death of its horror and its terror. It brought about the abolition of Hell." - Joseph Lewis
Read the first few chapters of Genesis and it will tell you about the creation.
I wouldn't go to any holy book for answers about how the world evolved or how it works presently. The Bible is just the guesses of unsophisticated ancient people who didn't know where the rain came from or where the sun goes at night.

I also wouldn't go to a holy book for answers about gods or an afterlife. Neither the Bible writer nor anybody else before or since they wrote their best guesses about natural history could know any more about gods or afterlives than anybody else, which is precisely nothing.

I sure don't envy the Internet creationist who argues for creationism. He's arguing science he doesn't know with the people who do know it. What a thankless and demoralizing job.

I've frequently wondered aloud what motivates such behavior, but no creationist will give his reasons even when asked, which partially answers the question of motivation. I don't believe that he is trying to convert others, at least not for more than the first few pages of any thread, by which time he can see that he convinces nobody but earns their criticism and rejection.

What then? These creationists won't give their reasons much less lie about what motivates them despite for being amenable to spreading falsehoods. So why not in this area?

It must be because they are deliberately martyring themselves before an imagined audience of one to gain approval, and though they are normally willing to lie for Jesus, feel that they can't here. What else that is possible accounts for subjecting oneself to predictable rejection while refusing to answer the question when asked why they do it? The surely have a reason, so it must be one they feel they can't be honest about or lie about.

Good luck with that.
We don't know exactly how he did it.
Exactly? You don't even have a hypothesis much less a putative mechanism. All you have is an insufficiently evidenced belief that explains no more than saying "Norman did it" rather than "God did it."

On the other hand, we have very good, well-evidenced ideas about how the universe evolved from its initial hot, dense, essentially featureless and homogeneous state until now. It's a fascinating story, but I don't expect that you would have much interest in it if you haven't learned it by now.
I don't see overwhelming evidence regarding that.
Why should that matter to you? What you believe instead is insufficiently evidenced.

Astrophile

I understand the experiment does not show that something was made from nothing. But again, and here is the question to you, Astrophile: evolution had to begin from something, didn't it? And while there have been postulations about this, have there been any certainties about the entities from which evolution started? (I don't think so, but I could be wrong...)
You must remember that I am neither a biologist nor a chemist, and am therefore not qualified to discuss biological and chemical matters. However, I do know that many organic compounds, some of which are of biological interest, have been found in interstellar molecular clouds, comets and meteorites. Impacts by comets and carbonaceous asteroids would have delivered these organic compounds to the planets (including the Earth) during their formation. These compounds may have been the 'entities', i.e. the basic organic material, that the first life developed from. This is an area of active research, and you should be able to find out something about it online or in books.

The Miller-Urey experiment seemed to show that organic entities were produced from a set circumstance in place by the experimenters from non-organic substances. Would you agree with that? I read that the glass vials may have been a problem, but I'm overlooking that for the premise, maybe I shouldn't, but again -- the point is that evolution had to start with some-thing. (Didn't it?)
The Miller-Urey experiment showed that amino acids, which are the 'building blocks' of proteins, can be produced from inorganic compounds. The precise circumstances of the experiment are not important, since, as I have already explained, biologically interesting organic compounds have been found in interstellar clouds, comets and meteorites. These organic compounds were produced by chemical reactions in interstellar clouds and gas and dust discs surrounding young stars; they were certainly not produced by living organisms,

I have been reading about the Cambrian Explosion and what came before that. I find it very confusing to understand. But I may get back to that later.
The Cambrian Explosion occurred about 520 million years ago, more than 3000 million years after the origin of life on Earth.

Astrophile

There is strong evidence that the universe is expanding from a state of very high temperature and very high density that existed about 13.8 billion years ago. The recession of the galaxies (discovered by Edwin Hubble nearly 100 years ago), the cosmic abundances of the light elements (deuterium helium-3, helium-4 and lithium), and the cosmic microwave background radiation (the redshifted radiation from the 'Big Bang fireball') are the most familiar evidences.

What are your specific objections to Big Bang cosmology, and how does your hypothesis explain the pieces of evidence that I have mentioned?

YoursTrue

You must remember that I am neither a biologist nor a chemist, and am therefore not qualified to discuss biological and chemical matters. However, I do know that many organic compounds, some of which are of biological interest, have been found in interstellar molecular clouds, comets and meteorites. Impacts by comets and carbonaceous asteroids would have delivered these organic compounds to the planets (including the Earth) during their formation. These compounds may have been the 'entities', i.e. the basic organic material, that the first life developed from. This is an area of active research, and you should be able to find out something about it online or in books.

The Miller-Urey experiment showed that amino acids, which are the 'building blocks' of proteins, can be produced from inorganic compounds. The precise circumstances of the experiment are not important, since, as I have already explained, biologically interesting organic compounds have been found in interstellar clouds, comets and meteorites. These organic compounds were produced by chemical reactions in interstellar clouds and gas and dust discs surrounding young stars; they were certainly not produced by living organisms,

The Cambrian Explosion occurred about 520 million years ago, more than 3000 million years after the origin of life on Earth.
And you know or believe these dates because why?
The more I look at it, the less likely the conclusion from the Miller Urey experiment is how 'life' could have started. There is an interesting article in Scientific American about this. Stanley Miller and the Quest to Understand Life's Beginning

YoursTrue

There is strong evidence that the universe is expanding from a state of very high temperature and very high density that existed about 13.8 billion years ago. The recession of the galaxies (discovered by Edwin Hubble nearly 100 years ago), the cosmic abundances of the light elements (deuterium helium-3, helium-4 and lithium), and the cosmic microwave background radiation (the redshifted radiation from the 'Big Bang fireball') are the most familiar evidences.

What are your specific objections to Big Bang cosmology, and how does your hypothesis explain the pieces of evidence that I have mentioned?
I am not in a position to say how the universe began except that "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth," as described in Genesis, but this I can say, that the idea put forth that the little itty bitty matter (evidently not 'mass') was so teeny tiny and then exploded by natural means is not something I can believe can be determined by any scientist or science. And then to say it just happened to be there -- etc. and etc. I'll have to look into the said expanse of the universe.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
And you know or believe these dates because why?
You can answer that yourself. You know how he knows that. And you know why you don't. He's trained in critical thinking and is educated in many of the sciences, one of which is his profession. That's true of several participants in this thread with whom you've disagreed, some self-described Christians.

So, given that ability to evaluate evidence and the willingness to go where it leads, he understands why those claims are valid. Without that, nobody can know these things.

It's not a coincidence that virtually everybody who is thusly educated accepts the science and those who reject it can't explain what it is they reject. The creationist perpetually asks how one can know this or that or assumes that it isn't knowledge at all but just guessing and speculation. How could he know otherwise if he is unable to evaluate evidence critically himself?

Imagine a group of people proficient in addition and another that doesn't know what addition is or how to add. The former all agree that 31865 + 15557 = 47422. None of the latter can know directly whether that's correct or not.

Now imagine the latter rejecting the sum and claiming that the former can't know that they are correct and that they're just guessing. This is how this discussion is as well, the difference being that most creationists probably HAVE learned to do that arithmetic and have no faith-based reason to bristle at the results of any addition.

If they did, they'd have never learned to add yet be willing to disagree with those that have. They'd be asking, "And you know or believe these sums how?" while never understanding the answers.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Sure.

First, I don't KNOW for SURE that there is a God. God is a belief I have. Not knowledge. God can be neither proven nor disproven.

In the absence of any actual evidence one way or the other, what am I to do? Clearly I have to make some kind of choice, to either live my life as though God exists or to live it as though he does not. In such a case, I choose to go with my intuition.

Intuition is not the same as evidence. It works well enough that it increases our survival. But intuition is often wrong.

When I look at the awe of nature, I am really really moved. I contemplate the stars. I look up to the distant top of a sequoia tree. I give birth to a baby. And every fiber of my being shouts "God." For me, the design implies a designer. I INTUIT agency behind the universe, and I intuit it very strongly.

But I am simultaneously aware of just how often humans intuit agency when no agency is present.

Think of being out in the woods and a bush rustles. You think "wild animal!" and run away. Now let's say your intuition was incorrect, and it was just a branch falling. NO HARM DONE. But what about the flip? What if there were a rustling in the bushes, and you said to yourself, "Don't overreact, it's nothing" and it was in fact a wild beast? Well, you'd be toast.

So I have a very healthy respect for intuition. I just don't confuse it with evidence. If I had actual evidence that contradicted my intuition, I would go with the evidence. But I don't. So I feel free to let my intuition do its thing.

This is a form of what is called "Agnostic Theism."
@YoursTrue

Howdy. I remember that last week you mentioned that you wanted to reply to this, but I never heard back from you. Of course, you have no obligation to reply if you don't want to. But I was curious what you thought.

YoursTrue

@YoursTrue

Howdy. I remember that last week you mentioned that you wanted to reply to this, but I never heard back from you. Of course, you have no obligation to reply if you don't want to. But I was curious what you thought.
You are right that our wiring is different. I believe that the Torah is true. You do not. I believe the testimony about Jesus in the scriptures is also true. Obviously you do not and neither do many others. I do not believe that just because a person has a high IQ means he knows what he is talking about.

AdamjEdgar

Critical thinkers have no reason to believe that. That's for people willing to believe by faith to worry about. Such dogma has no power over skeptics:
none of this matters if it turns out I am right and you are wrong and that is the fundamental point you cannot sidestep.

See the thing is, there are only two basic outcomes:

1. I am right and you are wrong...you lose and I win
2. I am wrong...then we both end up the same way...kaput!

So in reality, I have hedged my bets and cannot really lose. You on the other hand are chosing to stand fast to your ignorance despite the possibility of me being right.

See if one who is an evolutionist was to actually think seriously about this, then id suggest you follow the model of animals. Let me illustrate briefly...

We have horses (and i have used this experiment with wild brush turkey's as well)...

If horses are in view of a horse who appears to be getting food, they all come over to investigate in the hope that they too will receive some despite not having the slightest clue whether or not that will actually happen.

So if an evolutionist was to take the horse illustration to its conclusion, then id suggest that given i potentially am on to something that could eventually result in significant reward the smart choice would be to hedge your bets.

Given the large amount of historical evidence in support of the bible narrative (both internal and particularly external evidence), one should choose Christianity because you have nothing to lose and everything to gain from being one and there are a lot of resources historically that support its narrative...if you bother to actually go and find them to check (which most in your postiion do not bother)

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
none of this matters if it turns out I am right and you are wrong and that is the fundamental point you cannot sidestep.

See the thing is, there are only two basic outcomes:

1. I am right and you are wrong...you lose and I win
2. I am wrong...then we both end up the same way...kaput!

So in reality, I have hedged my bets and cannot really lose. You on the other hand are chosing to stand fast to your ignorance despite the possibility of me being right.

See if one who is an evolutionist was to actually think seriously about this, then id suggest you follow the model of animals. Let me illustrate briefly...

We have horses (and i have used this experiment with wild brush turkey's as well)...

If horses are in view of a horse who appears to be getting food, they all come over to investigate in the hope that they too will receive some despite not having the slightest clue whether or not that will actually happen.

So if an evolutionist was to take the horse illustration to its conclusion, then id suggest that given i potentially am on to something that could eventually result in significant reward the smart choice would be to hedge your bets.

Given the large amount of historical evidence in support of the bible narrative (both internal and particularly external evidence), one should choose Christianity because you have nothing to lose and everything to gain from being one and there are a lot of resources historically that support its narrative...if you bother to actually go and find them to check (which most in your postiion do not bother)
And we are back to the false dichotomy. But what caught my attention was the claim of evidence outside of the Bible. Outside of the Bible I only tend to see refutation. I have no idea where you are getting your confirmation from.

AdamjEdgar

I have no idea where you are getting your confirmation from.
as i have said to you before...your ignorance is your problem here.

Id suggest you start reading early post Christ history (Origen, Polycarp, Eusebius, Jerome etc) and look at the historical artifacts that support the stories of the bible narrative that date back much earlier.

Even if you studied this just to follow in Baart Erhmans footsteps, at least you would have made a choice from a balanced viewpoint. Then a person could have an intelligent debate with you on such matters. I would love to listen to Bart explain his story in detail...i could then understand why his theology was so fundamentally flawed that he allowed such trivial arguments as apparent biblical inconsistency to destroy his faith. What he simply refuses to accept is the very obvious rebuttal that having so many copies of copies of copies, from disconnected regions and individuals who had no access to public libraries or Google, that largely remain harmonious (despite minor differences that do not even affect biblical doctrine), is overwhelming evidence proving the trustworthiness of the biblical record.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
as i have said to you before...your ignorance is your problem here.

Wrong answer. I know of the Bible's endless failures. You seem to be in denial about those. You cannot seem to post any "wins". How about one for one?
Id suggest you start reading early post Christ history (Origen, Polycarp, Eusebius, Jerome etc) and look at the historical artifacts that support the stories of the bible narrative that date back much earlier.

Your claim, your burden of proof.
Even if you studied this just to follow in Baart Erhmans footsteps, at least you would have made a choice from a balanced viewpoint. Then a person could have an intelligent debate with you on such matters. I would love to listen to Bart explain his story in detail...i could then understand why his theology was so fundamentally flawed that he allowed such trivial arguments as apparent biblical inconsistency to destroy his faith. What he simply refuses to accept is the very obvious rebuttal that having so many copies of copies of copies, from disconnected regions and individuals who had no access to public libraries or Google, that largely remain harmonious (despite minor differences that do not even affect biblical doctrine), is overwhelming evidence proving the trustworthiness of the biblical record.
Please, every time it comes to a "balanced viewpoint" you have been on the short end. You totally fail when it comes to defending your beliefs in the myths of Genesis. I do not know if we brought up the ten year difference between the years of birth in the nativity myths or not. But I have never seen any Christian use a historical source to try to argue against it. They only have Christian apologists (also known as liars for Jesus) that make "historical" claims that cannot be found in history.

So do you have anything at all or are you just admitting that you are wrong again.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Left us like chimps? Who said humans evolved from chimps, did you?
Where did you come up with "evolved from chimps?"
Early hominids were not chimps, but they lived like chimps, in small, foraging bands, with few tools or technology.

Had God left us like that, we'd still be "as little children," living in a state of nature, in an Eden, as a contributing part of the ecosystem.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Its true .. I was hypothesizing ... but it is "educated hypothesizing" :)

In this particular system .. the system is producing ribonucleotides -rather than the molecule repoducing itself Adenine - Cytosine Guanine Uracil (ACGU) who then go on to form various combinations and linkages with other molecules. Now .. these molecules are not replicating themselves.. but the system is replicating them .. which is the same thing as a molecule replicating itself for the purposes of evolution. ... and it is evolution that I will be arguing. The molecules produced in this system .. many multiples of the same and other molecules .. thens then go on to form then tocombine and form linkages with other molecules

So you have this replicating effect going on .. in various ways .. presumably in various places . at the same time . doing this little experiment.. making all kinds of new combinations and permutations .. some of these structures getting bigger and becoming more complex - some degrading and breaking down.

Then one day .. these molecules encounter a membrane .. which also form naturally .. now you have a degree of selecticity across a barrier .. allowing for stabilization of these bigger more molecules .. and selectivity accross the membrane producing different effects .. different membranes producing different effects.

At some point the nucleotides start to line up along the membrane - attracted to the surface and forming a weak molecular attraction . .. the nucleotides then line up along these attracting sites on the membrane .. some membrane attracting a certain ordering of the nucleotides .. which are then linked to each other .. at certain times you will have chains of these things break off from the membrane .. the bonds between the nucleotides stronger than the weak attraction to the surface .. the membrane will then make another chain perhaps one that is the same as previous .. creating a kind of copying machine

Now --- we have not arrived at self replicating molecule -- but getting damn close. I would argue 2 thigns from this point 1) it is a certainty that these ribonucleotides -- at some point are going to glom onto a surface .. in some kind of pattern .. random and messed up .. but still creating other molecules which are composed of a mixture of these ribonucleoties. -- having them line up on a selective membrane .. in a semi similar way and be washed off the membrane by tidal action or some other phenominon is not much of a stretch from there.

2) I would argue that this is a form of evolution ... molecules getting more complex .. and this process repeated over and over ...

One thing that I can't yet fathom is how life went from asexual to sexual -- that one I can't figure .. nothing I can even think about it makes any sense .. can't come up with even a hypothesis that passes the giggle test.
But we do have self replicating molecules, and proto-bionts.