• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The fastest Growing Belief System in the World!!

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Paganism is definitely one of the fastest growing and that means more then just Wicca. Don't forget revival religions like Kemetic, Hellenic and Asatru.

The notion that being Pagan is a fad for most is mistaken. Many many people are lifelong Pagans and take it seriously.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
A prediction I made to myself before posting this thread was that there would be a few responses that claimed ones own religion to be "The Fastest Growing Religion/Belief System in the World".

But as I stated in the OP, a growing number of adherents to a belief system does not necessarily mean that belief system is correct.

Does anyone believe that being 'top dog' in the rankings lend credence to a belief?

idav

Being
Premium Member
Does anyone believe that being 'top dog' in the rankings lend credence to a belief?
Unfortunately matters of opinion don't work like that. Take American Idol for example, America always chooses the wrong idol IMO(well except for twice :)).

Panentheism is probably the fastest growing group I think but for the most part people manage to still stick to there religion. Could give credence to the Hindu's, maybe they have been right all along.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
A prediction I made to myself before posting this thread was that there would be a few responses that claimed ones own religion to be "The Fastest Growing Religion/Belief System in the World".

But as I stated in the OP, a growing number of adherents to a belief system does not necessarily mean that belief system is correct.

Has there ever been an instance in which the majority was right?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Something just occurred to me... I wonder which religion wins when you caculate "growth" not based on number of adherents, but on their mass or volume. :D