• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The de-transition movement has reached Germany

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe
This has been bugging me all day long. The "de-trans movement" has reached Germany. Today at 9 a. m., German public T. V. (despite the internet, public TV is still a big deal in Germany) broadcast a documentary about a "de-transitioned" former FtM named Nele and her friend/lover(?) (also a de-transitioned FtM) who launched what looks like the first big "de-trans" website run by Germans. ( Post Trans - Detransition Stories )

You may say, no big deal, there’s a lot of nonsense on TV on Sunday mornings, but right after the documentary, the weekly (Catholic) service was bradcast. I suppose there aren’t many transgenders who give a damn about what the church has to say, but I guess many of those who actually are interested in attending / watching Mass now probanly feel repelled by or "concerned for" transgenders.

IMHO, the message of the documentary seems to be that it’s "unnatural" / "unwise" to attempt transitioning, and subsequently the "God-given" order is re-enforced through Mass. Well, I know it’s "free speech" but I am totally upset. I like the tolerant opinion best that yes, you can be a lesbian as long as you don't have your body snipped.

The documentary should be on youtube soon, where they hopefully will have English subtitles. Here's the documentary, if anyone is interested in wrestling with the German language: 37°Leben: Detrans - wenn die Trans-OP nicht glücklich macht

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I have heard stories of European citizens choosing the Italian hospitals to have a sex reassignment surgery.
I don't know if there are Germans or Austrians among them.
Well...the truth is that in Italy the NHS won't authorize SRS, when there is the slightest chance of afterthought.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Don't see what the issue is. Don't like it, don't watch. It has become a social issue for better or worse so of course it's going to be discussed in the media. The televised Catholic services seems to have nothing to do with the documentary, and you're reading things into it. Oh, and I'm a Catholic trans man. Most trans people I've known are Christians. Shoot, one used to be a Trappist monk for many years. She's since passed away, sadly.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
A church is a poor place to seek cromulent
info about transitioning. As for de-transitioning,
mistakes will be made. So it has gone other body
modifications, eg, boob jobs. They aren't wrong
just because some people change their mind.
Let individuals make their decisions (with useful
professional help), & do as they're compelled.
It's their business....not church's or government's.

Heyo

Veteran Member
This has been bugging me all day long. The "de-trans movement" has reached Germany. Today at 9 a. m., German public T. V. (despite the internet, public TV is still a big deal in Germany) broadcast a documentary about a "de-transitioned" former FtM named Nele and her friend/lover(?) (also a de-transitioned FtM) who launched what looks like the first big "de-trans" website run by Germans. ( Post Trans - Detransition Stories )

You may say, no big deal, there’s a lot of nonsense on TV on Sunday mornings, but right after the documentary, the weekly (Catholic) service was bradcast. I suppose there aren’t many transgenders who give a damn about what the church has to say, but I guess many of those who actually are interested in attending / watching Mass now probanly feel repelled by or "concerned for" transgenders.

IMHO, the message of the documentary seems to be that it’s "unnatural" / "unwise" to attempt transitioning, and subsequently the "God-given" order is re-enforced through Mass. Well, I know it’s "free speech" but I am totally upset. I like the tolerant opinion best that yes, you can be a lesbian as long as you don't have your body snipped.

The documentary should be on youtube soon, where they hopefully will have English subtitles. Here's the documentary, if anyone is interested in wrestling with the German language: 37°Leben: Detrans - wenn die Trans-OP nicht glücklich macht
One could suspect an agenda - but only if you missed that on the same site there are also two documentaries about trans people like this one:
Glücklich erst als Junge

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
A church is a poor place to seek cromulent
info about transitioning. As for de-transitioning,
mistakes will be made. So it has gone other body
modifications, eg, boob jobs. They aren't wrong
just because some people change their mind.
Let individuals make their decisions (with useful
professional help), & do as they're compelled.
It's their business....not church's or government's.

But if they demanded a psychiatric expertise before authorizing that surgery, there would be no such shameful episodes.
These people need to be cured psychiatrically.

By the way,...I had an Austrian boyfriend...and he was a real male. Masculine, 100%. Grading : A+ ;)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
But if they demanded a psychiatric expertise before authorizing that surgery, there would be no such shameful episodes.
These people need to be cured psychiatrically.
Did you know that psychiatrists are physicians?
They go thru medical school, just like other docs.
They prescribe drugs, including for transition.
And they can refer clients to a surgeon to complete the process.
By the way,...I had an Austrian boyfriend...and he was a real male. Masculine, 100%. Grading : A+ ;)
How did he feel about Putin?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Did you know that psychiatrists are physicians?
They go thru medical school, just like other docs.
They prescribe drugs, including for transition.
And they can refer clients to a surgeon to complete the process.

How did he feel about Putin?
Actually those who prescribe hormones are endocrinologists specialized in clinical sexology.
Psychiatrists cannot prescribe hormones, but only psychiatric drugs.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Actually those who prescribe hormones are endocrinologists specialized in clinical sexology.
Psychiatrists cannot prescribe hormones, but only psychiatric drugs.
That is both true and technically false.
Hormones are actually a general part of medicine in general, so psychiatrists can prescribe hormones for various health issues. Indeed they’re used for various health issues in cis gendered people, including children. Have been for decades.

Interestingly the medical community is asking whether or not phsyhiatrists should be included in the professionals who currently prescribe hormones or more specifically gender affirming care. The studies I’ve seen all seem to favour this inclusion, arguing that since a psychiatrist would be able to diagnose such situations with high competency, them being able to give such prescriptions would not only be safe, it would also make such care much easier to access. Which is considered a net benefit

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
That is both true and technically false.
Hormones are actually a general part of medicine in general, so psychiatrists can prescribe hormones for various health issues. Indeed they’re used for various health issues in cis gendered people, including children. Have been for decades.

Interestingly the medical community is asking whether or not phsyhiatrists should be included in the professionals who currently prescribe hormones or more specifically gender affirming care. The studies I’ve seen all seem to favour this inclusion, arguing that since a psychiatrist would be able to diagnose such situations with high competency, them being able to give such prescriptions would not only be safe, it would also make such care much easier to access. Which is considered a net benefit
As you know, both the private and the public healthcare is controlled by the State, here. So the State won't authorize psychiatrists who lack the specialization in clinical sexology to prescribe hormones for the chemical transition.
Not all endocrinologists have that specialization either. Some endocrinologists are specialized in the treatment of diabetes, and so on.
Usually it's andrologists and endocrinologists who have that kind of specialization.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

Ya, because, ya know, 1% of a demograph makes it a movement.:rolleyes:

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
As you know, both the private and the public healthcare is controlled by the State, here. So the State won't authorize psychiatrists who lack the specialization in clinical sexology to prescribe hormones for the chemical transition.
Not all endocrinologists have that specialization either. Some endocrinologists are specialized in the treatment of diabetes, and so on.
Usually it's andrologists and endocrinologists who have that kind of specialization.
That might differ country to country. I think in my country its not unheard of for a psychiatrist to be able to dip into such prescriptions. But I don’t know if that’s due to differing official standards to Italy so :shrug:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
You haven't always been right when talking about Italy either.
And you are so full of **** about America I'm surprised people don't walk past you and say you stink.
May I know what physician prescribes the hormones, in the US?
Explain me, then (even if this thread is about Germany).

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
That might differ country to country. I think in my country its not unheard of for a psychiatrist to be able to dip into such prescriptions. But I don’t know if that’s due to differing official standards to Italy so :shrug:
In your country is there a NHS?
Like in Britain and Italy, I mean.