• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Texas bikers in deadly shootout at Waco restaurant

dust1n

Zindīq
"Waco police said the shooting happened shortly after midday when rival gangs got into a fight, apparently over parking space near the restaurant. Up to five gangs were involved."

...Jeez, I wish I could even begin to make sense of that.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
"Waco police said the shooting happened shortly after midday when rival gangs got into a fight, apparently over parking space near the restaurant. Up to five gangs were involved."

...Jeez, I wish I could even begin to make sense of that.

Thank the Great Cup Cake you can't make sense of that or you'd be closer to being one of them.
We had the Pagans, a well known 1% gang headquatered in Youngstown which was "murder capital of the U.S."
in the 1960's & 70's.
Y-town being just 19 miles north of the city I policed so we got plenty of Pagans.
I arrested on when I was doing the detective thing. He beat and kicked his woman to death in view of at least
75 brother pagans and thier women.
Not a soul interfered with him, nor attempted in any way to help the woman who died of internal bleeding.
Tiny Marinez was the President in the late 1970's, killed in a shootout with BATF agents.
His Uzi jammed.
Ah, well, no loss.
No loss in Texas either.

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
Not a fan of firearms, but based on this news, if I lived in Waco I would learn to shoot and buy a gun.

A bullet proof vest might be more useful, given that anyone waving a gun about in a chaotic situation would rapidly become a target for somebody.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Wow, talk about reckless ridiculousness! I don't live in Waco, but if I did I would boycott this restaurant. Management has been actively promoting "biker night" and biker gang business for a long time, knowing that they were attracting criminal elements - often from out of town - to the town of Waco. The police chief had tried to work with management to keep the criminal element out of there, but restaurant management would not cooperate with the police chief. I guess that old adage "Hindsight is 20/20" is kicking in about now. These particular biker gangs are notorious for crime and violence. I'm just so glad that no innocent parties were injured - this happened in a very busy commercial area with many restaurants - and many FAMILIES around.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Does anyone actually believe the, "if everyone has a gun, everyone will be so much safer" theory anymore?
So what would you do in this situation, buy everyone coffee? Do you believe all those biker guns were obtained legally? Wouldn't you want to at least have a fighting chance if you or your family found yourself in the thick of it?

dust1n

Zindīq
Authorities in Waco, Texas, are still trying to find out what exactly happened on Sunday during a gunfight between rival motorcycle gangs that left nine people dead and 18 injured.

NPR's John Burnett reports that after the melee, police confiscated guns, knives, chains and clubs. He filed this report for our Newscast unit:

"The fight between rival bikers at the Twin Peaks Bar & Grill spilled from the bar into the parking lot, where the police were already in place, waiting for trouble.

"Sgt. Patrick Swanton said the gang members shot at each other, and at the assembled local and state police, who returned fire.

" 'We don't know at this point if our shot placement or if them being shot at by other bike gang members led to their demise,' said Swanton. 'We will figure that out as autopsies get handled and as we go thru this investigation.'

"Dozens of bikers are being held for questioning. The police spokesman described the incident as one of the most violent crime scenes he'd witnessed in 34 years as an officer."

The Dallas Morning News reports that the rival gangs had gathered at the restaurant to work through issues about turf and recruitment.

The newspaper adds:

"The gangs involved Sunday are well-known organized criminal enterprises, some with national affiliations, [Swanton] said, that make money through drug dealings, extortion, robbery and violence.

"Swanton said police had been aware for several months that gang members were gathering, and at least 10 SWAT officers from Waco and the Texas Department of Public Safety were in marked cars outside the restaurant.

"There were no plainclothes officers in the restaurant. Swanton said that was partly because the officers felt they weren't welcome inside and were concerned with legal issues."

Gunfight Between Motorcycle Gangs In Waco, Texas, Leaves 9 Dead : The Two-Way : NPR

Mercy Not Sacrifice

The number of arrests stemming from the Twin Peaks Shootout currently stands at 192. Yes, you read that right. Something tells me that this fiasco and its contributing undercurrents are a long, long, long ways from being over.

MD

qualiaphile
The number of arrests stemming from the Twin Peaks Shootout currently stands at 192. Yes, you read that right. Something tells me that this fiasco and its contributing undercurrents are a long, long, long ways from being over.

Wonder if the cartels are also involved in this

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I think you're jumping to some dangerous conclusions in your rush to judgement, SW.

Were all the dead and injured actively involved in this shootout? Were all these 'biker gangs' even 1%rs?
The article stated all those who were killed are members of biker gangs, either Bandidos or Cossacks.
I'm not trying to be dismissive, but what seems to have been a very violent scene, it is very fortunate that, according the BBC and not just Rush (apparently), no one innocent was harmed.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
That is a very good question. Initial reports are, yes, they are. But I'm going to wait to draw any firm conclusions until more facts come in.
I wouldn't give too much to that until facts are confirmed. People who are known for devouring drugs and who look like those the police would profile do not make good dealers. Why would the cartel use biker gangs, who the police watch from every angle, when they have legions of clean-cut business looking types who the law doesn't bat an eye at?