• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Street Fighter VI

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I've been playing the new Street Fighter game, Street Fighter VI, and have two things to say about it - one positive, one negative:

Positive:

The gameplay seems really solid and fluid. The graphics are also good. I like this game way better than Street Fighter V when it launched.

Negative:

Street Fighter games have been starting with little content, despite high price tags, and making you wait over time for more content to be released and for prices to go down. The game itself is solid, but the "Character Roster" currently feels like it's only "half there" despite some good selections. Street Fighter V was pretty much the same way when it launched, and it took years to improve on that.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Do they do like they did with Mortal Kombat 11, where they would release more characters over time as paid DLC?

Yes. But they do it that way and more. One example of how they do it in other ways too, is that they'll bundle all the released DLC in a few years, include the game with it, and release it as a "new edition". They've done this a lot in the past, which is why you see one entry called "Street Fighter", and one entry called "Super Street Fighter", or one entry called "Street Fighter" and one entry called "Street Fighter Arcade Edition".

The DLC also tends to start out really expensive, but appears to get cheap over time. To the point where the difference is "pennies on the dollar". Just from what I can see.