• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SQL?

Yerda

Veteran Member
I'm trying to learn SQL. Found a freeCodeCamp tutorial on youtube as a starting point.

Does anyone have any resources they would recommend or just useful hints and tips?

I would consider textbooks, websites, courses (paid or free).

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm trying to learn SQL. Found a freeCodeCamp tutorial on youtube as a starting point.

Does anyone have any resources they would recommend or just useful hints and tips?

I would consider textbooks, websites, courses (paid or free).
Hey @Yerda

Sorry, I didn't notice this first time around. I've written a LOT of sql over the years, both Oracle and SQL Server.
If you end up with specific questions, let me know. I'm a little rusty, but I was pretty decent, if I do say so myself.

Used to write PL/SQL as well, but I'm more rusty and less use in that space.

In terms of resources, I don't even remember what I used (started doing sql in about 2002). A lot of the time I was picking the brain of guys at work, and/or just searching the net for snippets, although I had a pretty decent textbook (The Guru's Guide to Transact-SQL) which helped when I suddenly had to transpose my Oracle SQL knowledge to SQL Server.

This website helped a bit too.