• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Spirit Guides"

hindupridemn

Defender of the Truth
I was wondering if Spirit Guides are actually a part of anyNative American religions. How do they compare to guardian angels? Can my stuffed animals be spirit guides?

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
I was wondering if Spirit Guides are actually a part of anyNative American religions. How do they compare to guardian angels? Can my stuffed animals be spirit guides?
They are, to varying degrees. Each Nation has it's own particular views on the subject.

They aren't usually like guardian angels... they can be temperamental and are not always with you for life.

No, your stuffed animals can't be spirit guides. Neither can your pets.

wa:do

Absolute Zero

fon memories
Well I find the native or first american culture and religion intreasting and I have also hade read dreams of bizzar animals that seem so real they must exsist as in another dimesion

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
I suggest you very politely ask the elders of the Nation closest to you.

Just remember the cardinal rule of First Nations religion... never pay to pray.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
never pay to pray?
First Nations religion has been abused heavily and a lot of disreputable people now sell what they claim in our religion for cash.

Buying your way into sweat lodges and so on.... not only is it twisted from the truth but it's often very dangerous physically as well. Several people die every year in fake "ceremonies".

We never sell items intended to be spiritual either... drums, rattles and so on.

Using faith for profit is as close to a "cardinal sin" as you can get.

Absolute Zero

fon memories
I see.I'll be carful not to be disrespectfuk of there religion. Can you have more than one Animal guided and can they take the form of humans in the real world ?

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
I see.I'll be carful not to be disrespectfuk of there religion. Can you have more than one Animal guided
Depends on the nation, but generally yes. Though this can mean that previous ones leave and new ones arrive.

and can they take the form of humans in the real world ?
No. Not unless you are talking something like Grandfather/Old Man Coyote his-own-self... and he isn't a spirit guide. Though he will school you. ;)

A little helpful advice for you Absolute Zero, if you're looking for a spirit guide, you need to stop looking, it will find you. You cannot choose a spirit guide, you need to go on a vision quest and that is done with the help of an Elder or Spiritual person and during that quest your spirit guide will reveal itself to you.

Rakhel

Is it possible for dead pets to communicate with us in dreams and that my teddy bears have some sort of spirit?
I had a dog as a pet when I was 7. I loved this dog and it slept in my bed every night. Then she got Parvo and died.
The night the dog died, I was in my bed, how asleep I was, I don't know, but I woke up and saw the dog standing in the hallway looking at me. I patted the end of the bed and told her to "come on" and get in bed. I fell asleep and slept quite peacefully that night. She never showed up again. But I still remember that...dream.