• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Source of Energy

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
What is the source of energy of a moving animate object (say forming of the earth's crust), plant, animal, and human? Do they all have the same source?

Since everything is constantly moving, what are the terms and laws of physics that define when this movement stops? Once that movement stops, do we then call it an animate inanimate object?

For example, when we die, we turn to ashes. Nothing can disappear from existence, so did we just became an inanimate object (ashes) or is there a law of physics that say the every natural thing on earth whether we make it into a cell phone or it is a human being is constantly moving and cannot stop no matter what form it is in?

If this does not make sense, and you know about the laws of physics, can you clarify it?

I can't look it up since I don't know the terms and way to phrase it? (I can't get a good answer from "Press A. for this. Press B. for that" I rather talk with an operator.)

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
What is the source of energy of a moving animate object (say forming of the earth's crust), plant, animal, and human? Do they all have the same source?

Since everything is constantly moving, what are the terms and laws of physics that define when this movement stops? Once that movement stops, do we then call it an animate inanimate object?

For example, when we die, we turn to ashes. Nothing can disappear from existence, so did we just became an inanimate object (ashes) or is there a law of physics that say the every natural thing on earth whether we make it into a cell phone or it is a human being is constantly moving and cannot stop no matter what form it is in?

If this does not make sense, and you know about the laws of physics, can you clarify it?

I can't look it up since I don't know the terms and way to phrase it? (I can't get a good answer from "Press A. for this. Press B. for that" I rather talk with an operator.)
Atoms. Kinda freaky. Isn't it?

Energy remains pervasive yet so mysterious. Inanimate objects are still in a practical sense. Terms that are useful could be terms like potential or kinetic energy. I don't think anything is completely still. Arguably at supercritical temperatures and pressures that makes aspects of space a Caribbean beach in comparison. Atoms finally "stop".

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Atoms. Kinda freaky. Isn't it?

Energy remains pervasive yet so mysterious. Inanimate objects are still in a practical sense. Terms that are useful could be terms like potential or kinetic energy. I don't think anything is completely still. Arguably at supercritical temperatures and pressures that makes aspects of space a Caribbean beach in comparison. Atoms finally "stop".

:facepalm: Duh. I feel so silly now. Atoms is the word. I can't remember but I know they did a lot of studies to try to make atoms stop. Do you think atoms always moved or was there a source to this energy?

Twilight Hue

:facepalm: Duh. I feel so silly now. Atoms is the word. I can't remember but I know they did a lot of studies to try to make atoms stop. Do you think atoms always moved or was there a source to this energy?
Its anyone's guess. I got completely fascinated reading about various effects brought about by temperature and pressure.
I initially queried out of curiosity as to weither the vaccum of space was regarded as being hot or cold, and it just blossomed in a spectacular way.

It seems supercritical cooling slows things down substantially. Its said to stop but the potential remains.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Source of Energy

IMO, the source of all energy is Brahman/God (creating a play/drama we call the universe).

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Its anyone's guess. I got completely fascinated reading about various effects brought about by temperature and pressure.
I initially queried out of curiosity as to weither the vaccum of space was regarded as being hot or cold, and it just blossomed in a spectacular way.

It seems supercritical cooling slows things down substantially. Its said to stop but the potential remains.

I was reading it "stops" at sub-zero. It gets me thinking unless atoms always moved (if there were always heat even if it's only one degrees over zero) nothing "just automatically came to be" but more formed over time based on temperature.

Now I'm inching towards the supernatural. If the supernatural is the source of atoms moving, how would we define it based on the atoms themselves? Can the atoms that form different objects and living beings give us some knowledge of the source of its energy?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
The reality is that nothing stops moving-- we may only think it does because we cannot see certain things. Atoms and molecules are in constant motion whether the object is animate or inanimate, and they are also being constantly bombarded by sub-atomic particles. Right as I wrote the above sentences, probably millions to billions of sub-atomic particles streamed through your body with a number of them hitting some of the atoms/molecules that form you.

George-ananda

Premium Member
Can you detect the nature of the source by the first atom?
No, the fundamental component of nature is pure consciousness. The universe may perhaps be thought of as a great thought-form; a derivative of the fundamental.

Thief

Rogue Theologian

please forgive the intrusion as I mention belief.....
as you know.....I place Spirit first....as Creator
and He is the Source for all that moves

form is elusive....all things change

and then science has made up it's mind.....there is dark matter and energy
science wants sooooo much to be sure of it

but there is no manner of detection
only the calculations that indicate something more than what we can see

Twilight Hue

I was reading it "stops" at sub-zero. It gets me thinking unless atoms always moved (if there were always heat even if it's only one degrees over zero) nothing "just automatically came to be" but more formed over time based on temperature.

Now I'm inching towards the supernatural. If the supernatural is the source of atoms moving, how would we define it based on the atoms themselves? Can the atoms that form different objects and living beings give us some knowledge of the source of its energy?
It might as well be supernatural. Lol.

It seems things are just too small to get any closer views to glimpse the mechanics involved. Its said to be hard to find ways to look at atoms when your instrumentation itself remains comprised of atoms themselves. Limitations of technology.

We did record an actual atoms shadow though. In sure there will be methods eventually to peer further down, and perhaps get some more questions answered as well as new mysteries to explore.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
please forgive the intrusion as I mention belief.....as you know.....I place Spirit first....as Creator and He is the Source for all that moves form is elusive....all things change and then science has made up it's mind.....there is dark matter and energy science wants sooooo much to be sure of it but there is no manner of detection only the calculations that indicate something more than what we can see

How do you detect the nature of the source by moving atoms?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
No, the fundamental component of nature is pure consciousness. The universe may perhaps be thought of as a great thought-form; a derivative of the fundamental.

That sounds like a contradiction in its own right. If you cannot detect the nature of the source by it's first moving atom then how would you know that it is pure consciousness?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
It might as well be supernatural. Lol.

It seems things are just too small to get any closer views to glimpse the mechanics involved. Its said to be hard to find ways to look at atoms when your instrumentation itself remains comprised of atoms themselves. Limitations of technology.

We did record an actual atoms shadow though. In sure there will be methods eventually to peer further down, and perhaps get some more questions answered as well as new mysteries to explore.

Which makes me think the supernatural could be estimated guesses then?

VioletVortex

All energy in the universe has the same source, just as matter does. However, energy splits off into various subsources, and then there are subsets of those and so on and so found. So, while the energy that powers living things comes from a different direct source than tectonic activity, they still can both be traced back to the same source.

George-ananda

Premium Member
That sounds like a contradiction in its own right. If you cannot detect the nature of the source by it's first moving atom then how would you know that it is pure consciousness?
The knowledge comes from the experience of pure consciousness; not any physical movement. I am influenced by those who have experienced beyond the physical and teach of the nature of existence. The teachings of Avatars and Self-Realized saints.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
The knowledge comes from the experience of pure consciousness; not any physical movement. I am influenced by those who have experienced beyond the physical and teach of the nature of existence. The teachings of Avatars and Self-Realized saints.

But everything is made up of energy/movement of atoms physical and not. (I don't believe in separation of physical and non-physical. That's making natural supernatural. It's all natural; nothing "beyond").

Everything is every changing and forming. There's always movement, physical and spirit-ual. Our thoughts are always changing. Our minds always developing new thoughts. Experiences every growing. Everything is all in motion. If consciousness is the workings of the mind, it's every changing. Pure being an adjective like sacred. Nothing is static.

The nature of existence incorporates the physical and spiritual. It's everything. Everything is made up of energy. Nothing is static.

I don't know Avatars and Self-Realized Saints, though. I just know we go through constant rebirth and when we reach the state of knowing the nature of life (or our existence) then we are enlightened. It doesn't stop change. We all change. We just have a perfect grasp of life and death/cause and affect. It doesn't affect us into delusion anymore. We die peacefully.

Why is pure consciousness not moving and changing?

George-ananda

Premium Member
But everything is made up of energy/movement of atoms physical and not.
God/Brahman is not made of energy/movement of atoms in my school of thought. God/Brahman is fundamental consciousness that created the play/drama of the universe. I guess we are from different schools of thought but that level of metaphysics is not essential to our everyday lives.