• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Some Vedic Intelligence

Satyamavejayanti

Knowledge is the key to Moksha, Knowledge is the seat of the Atman, Knowledge enlightens, it brightens, it shows the way. Dispelled of darkness removed of ignorance my mind through knowledge has prospered, My mind craves knowledge it deserves it, I am what i am is only known through knowledge of the self by the Self. Knowledge is Moksha, there is none other.

Above my thought, below my Inspirations.

Medha Sukta (Rigveda Khila 4.8.1-9)

The Angirases (have given) me intelligence. The seven sages have given me intelligence and Indra and Agni (have given me) intelligence. May the disposer give me intelligence ||1||

May King Varuna (bestow) intelligence on me. May goddess Sarasvati (bestow) intelligence on me. May the two Asvina with garlands of lotuses bestow intelligence on me ||2||

The intelligence which (rests) among Apsarases, the mind which (stays) in the Gandharvas, the intelligence which is divine as well as human, may that enter me here. ||3||

What I have learnt (from the teacher) may be gratified, what I am learning (about the self) should have potency. I listen to the knowledge in me which is already heard. May I be in the company of the vow. May we be united with Brahman. ||4||

O wise man! My body (and) my speech is full of sweet. I milk it. I have grown. This (the knowledge within) is Surya, (you) be the axle pin of the Brahman. Do not discard my knowledge. ||5||

May be goddess Medha, throbbing in my mind, liked by the Gandharva, gladdening for us. Proclaim Medha for me, proclaim glory for me. Being active and practicing (Dharmah), may I be possessed of Medha. ||6||

I have gone to the invulnerable lord of the assembly the dear one coveted by Indra, to Medha, the conquerer. ||7||

May I be possessed of Medha, having good thoughts, having a good face, having a mind full of shraddha, having thoughts about shraddha, having good intentions, possessing great fame, retainer (of the knowledge), prominent speaker in the application of this (mantra) with a desire for the lord. ||8||

Medha, upon who the hosts of Deva and manes wait, with that Medha, O Agni, make me possessed of intelligence today. ||9||

OHM TATH SATH