• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So...Anything you want to know ?

Nyingjé Tso

Tänpa Yungdrung zhab pä tän gyur jig
Vanakkam,

Please ask away. I've not been eaten by the cats behind the world domination conspiracy yet so, I'm still here !
I'll try to answer to the best of my ability

Aum Namah Sivaya

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Hmmm....

What's a modern traditionalist (I'm assuming the extra n is a typo)?
Why no religion, but a religious avatar?
What part of France?
Do you say 'Ooh la la' regularly?

That's all I got for now.

Nyingjé Tso

Vanakkam,
Hmmm....

What's a modern traditionalist (I'm assuming the extra n is a typo)?

Thanks and sorry for the typo, I'll correct that x')
Nothing else than something personal. I've learnt about my faith from a traditionalist approach, and still uphold those traditional teachings and practices. But I believe too that traditional does not mean outdated or intolerant...And many traditionalists I've seen (not all of course) are very orthodox, very intolerant and does not seems to live in the actual moment, this actual age, all the discoveries and opportunities.
I'm young and born in a modern world, yet want to uphold traditional teachings and rituals, I don't want to fall into new agey stuff like it is common when it comes to understand and practice Hinduism. Not that I have anything against that, just not my way.

I believe it's possible to unite those two words that are modern and tradition, it is not only in conflict, and it does not mean to reform or change anything.

Why no religion, but a religious avatar?
I am a follower of Hinduism (Sanatana Dharma)
I should just put that back x')

What part of France?
Born and lived south, where the planes are made...But studying in the faaar north, where the cheese is the most stinky (but good :D)
Actually in India for work :3

Do you say 'Ooh la la' regularly?
Not heard where I'm from, the local equivalent is "Bouducon !"
But it seems to be only in the south, when a friend said that in Paris, it was kind of awkward because their coworkers were thinking she was insulting them x'D

Even between French people we don't understand each other

That's all I got for now.

Well thanks, I hope I answered well D:

Aum Namah Sivaya

Nyingjé Tso

Vanakkam VinayakaJi !

Are you in Mumbai now?

Yes I am, about to leave work right now...And that's precisely the time it started raining, so much water during monsoon !
Want to come for Ganesh Chathurthi ? :D

Aum Namah Sivaya

Nyingjé Tso

Vanakkam,

मैत्रावरुणिः;3422295 said:
Namaste,

Why you no go to Gujarat, eh?

M.V.

Anytime, I just need some money and holidays :D You will show me around if I come ?

Aum Namah Sivaya

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Vanakkam VinayakaJi !

Yes I am, about to leave work right now...And that's precisely the time it started raining, so much water during monsoon !
Want to come for Ganesh Chathurthi ? :D

Aum Namah Sivaya

So tell us more about living in Mumbai. You have your own flat where you can cook your own meals? Have you had any drinking water problems? How is the commute form home to work? Is there a small temple nearby? All that stuff ... I love hearing about India.

Nyingjé Tso

Vanakkam,

So tell us more about living in Mumbai. You have your own flat where you can cook your own meals? Have you had any drinking water problems? How is the commute form home to work? Is there a small temple nearby? All that stuff ... I love hearing about India.

There is so much to say VinayakaJi, I don't even know where to begin and if it will eventually end ! xD
Lucky to have friends around, they helped me so much ! We (I'm with a friend, same class) are guest of a friend that left abroad, so have left their BHK for us to stay. Got my own kitchen, and can cook my own meal...We had some problems with the building society at first (first time they have westerners guests, I think they were worried to have some problems, thinking we were going to drink and party xD) but now, everything is ok and very friendly.

Drinking water problems: yeah. I was so careless at first, I was very very sick for 4 days after not making my tea water boil enough. But nothing after that, I cook with water and drink tea from boiled tap water, no problem :) I think after some month, your body somewhat adapt.
Got some gigatic leakage on the roof, monsoon is hard to fight even for buildings :0 for some days, it was practically raining sticky red water on the bedroom, but hey, that's the game !

For now we almost always take rickshaw, but once I understand how those bus work, we'll take the bus (half less expensive) Of COURSE we got fooled two or tree times by rickshawallah, but now they seemed to understand we're staying and not simple tourists, so no problem around. That's a blessing...Because arguing with a rickshawallah is a real sport. Especially when , being french, I'm not used to make a fuss and is always polite...Too much polite for India! I was just told to make a big loud scene, and that's working.

Traffic in Mumbai is horrible. Believe me, it is hooooorrriiible ! xD Always late at work, and lots of waiting at red light...Very polluted air too. I never smoked a cigarette in my life but I can't imagine how my lungs look like now.

But it isa very green city, lots of flowers and trees everywhere, it is a refreshing sight

Temples everywhere ! And mosque too ! But there is a very tiny Siva temple under a sacred tree not far, I am going to go there with a neighbour.

It is surprinsigly hard to "be" hindu when you are a westerner, as many can't imagine you being anything else than a christian. You are white, you HAVE to be a christian....Or at best a Hare Krishna. I always faced almost the same reactions: 1) You....you're not Christian ?! That's not possible. 2) Oh, you're Hare krishna then. 3)But how? HOW are you Hindu ?
The question "How ?" is always there x'D
But every Hindu I've met was very happy and very welcoming when learning I was a Saiva. Seemed terribly surprising for them, but all were happy and acceptance.

Ganapi statues makers are everywhere, on every streets, some places are covered in Sri Ganesh, all colorful and beautifuls ! This is a wonderful sight at every corner, believe me, they are so beautifully painted, masterfully crafted, a delight for eyes and heart of a bhakt since it looks like Sri GaneshJi is residing in them already !

I could go on for very long, but it's time to leave work now ! :eek:

Aum Namah Sivaya

satyaroop

do you like indian food? what's your favourite?

do you practise physical yoga, asans and pranayam?

hmm how tall are you? :)facepalm: looks like i'm out of questions)

Me Myself

Back to my username
How was your day?

What made you happy today?

What arressed you out?

Who was the mos timportant person to you in this day?

When did you remember god today? How was it?

Nyingjé Tso

Vanakkam,

How was your day?

Surprisingly fine so far. :)

What made you happy today?

Just being here. Well, day is not over so...

What arressed you out?

Sorry I don't understand the question :sorry1:

Who was the mos timportant person to you in this day?
God is always the most important. All the times.
But today I think specifically of my grandfather. He is not well. But I am not sad.

When did you remember god today? How was it?
Since I woke up, God in the mouth by debating, in the ears with the sweet chanting of Rig Ved, and in the eyes with the beautiful home shrine.

Like always, it is such a good feeling :)

Aum Namah Shivaya

Nyingjé Tso

Vanakkam,

do you like indian food? what's your favourite?

IDLI. IDLI. IDLI. IDLI IDLI ILDI good home made idlis sambar ! :p I could eat those forever !
I LOVE kolkata cuisine also, and Tamil too

But there are much I like too... But Idli, I LOVE :D

I don't like paan however :D

do you practise physical yoga, asans and pranayam?

I am still learning correctly pranayama and, to be honest, I don't want to do physical yoga without knowing pranayam and having a good teacher. It is not a simple "sport" or "stretching", it is sadhana, so it must not be done lightly and quickly.

hmm how tall are you?

A quite small 1m63 :D Yes I am a tiny woman.

Aum Namah Shivaya

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I notice that your profile pic is of food. What are the dishes?

France, eh? Have you ever surrendered to an invading army?

What stands out about life in your country?

Nyingjé Tso

Vanakkam,

I notice that your profile pic is of food. What are the dishes?

Mostly Indian food, and especially sweets offerings for Ganesha (because He just LOVE sweets :eek:) So, modakas, and laddus. Laddus are really delicious... But all indian sweets are SO. FULL. OF. SUGAR. and milk and butter and all these, you just eat one and you're full for a week !

France, eh?

Alas !

Have you ever surrendered to an invading army?

Not yet, but if you plot to invade my country, I warn you: we have cheese. Very very stinky and delicious cheese. So stinky and delicious it's not even allowed in your country !

What stands out about life in your country?

What, you don't know yet ?

STRIKES OF COURSE :D

greve1.jpg

1e55ecc89d8d7e257d636892286d83a8.jpg

marseille-greve-23-septembre-reforme-retraites_pics_809.jpg

Nyingjé Tso

I'm back on a computer with a decent internet connection, so I will be more active here from now !

Questions still open if you wan't to ask anything

Nyingjé Tso

Have you had any luck in finding a community?

Unfortunately... Nope. Nothing, nobody, nowhere.

My man told me to try and ask in a nearby indian restaurant. There are two of them, one is pakistani, the other more south indian like. I think it's not even worth trying for the first, I am sceptic about the second but BF insist into trying.

I'm kind of depressed actually. Coming to a bigger city and near another biiig city (Bordeaux), was hoping to find at least a community or other hindus. Not my luck... I really envy you for being able to go to temple every time you want, seriously. I can only go for exceptionnal circumstances, since it's now 6 hours away :(

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
Unfortunately... Nope. Nothing, nobody, nowhere.

My man told me to try and ask in a nearby indian restaurant. There are two of them, one is pakistani, the other more south indian like. I think it's not even worth trying for the first, I am sceptic about the second but BF insist into trying.

I'm kind of depressed actually. Coming to a bigger city and near another biiig city (Bordeaux), was hoping to find at least a community or other hindus. Not my luck... I really envy you for being able to go to temple every time you want, seriously. I can only go for exceptionnal circumstances, since it's now 6 hours away :(

I'm sorry about that. :(

I'd say go for the restaurant. It might be worth at least checking out. Plus, maybe the people who run it will be surprised that there is another Hindu in the area. :)

Yeah, I might be able to go to temple when I want to, but it can get pretty lonely still. I don't share the culture with virtually anyone and I'm the only one in my age range who goes on a semi-constant basis.