• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Skyrim

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
I last played Skyrim about ten years ago on I think PS3

I am thinking of getting it on PC

I have fond memories of it, I liked the feeling it gave of being in a whole different world

Have been watching videos about it on YouTube

Does anyone here like Skyrim?

I think that the ending to the main quest was very underwhelming though

But the music is epic, both the theme tune and the ambient music

Apparently a new Elder Scrolls game is in the pipeline, I can't wait!

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Yes. I have hundreds of hours invested in the game.
What is your favorite strategy?

On my first play-through I went down the combat magic path

I gathered loads of magic boosting artifacts such as robes and a mask that I got off a guy I killed in a dungeon. I went through the whole game blasting people with my magic powers!

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
My most recent characters are a female Dunmer assassin named Saavura Hlaalu, a master of the bow who is a servant of Mephala, a male Dunmer named Drevyn Marethi, the Hand of Almalexia, who dual wields Hopesfire and Trueflame, and a Nord named Bjolric Hjolfgar, a Dragonborn who specializes in one-handed and block.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
My most recent characters are a female Dunmer assassin named Saavura Hlaalu, a master of the bow who is a servant of Mephala, a male Dunmer named Drevyn Martethi, the Hand of Almalexia, who dual wields Hopesfire and Trueflame, and a Nord named Bjolric Hjolfgar, a Dragonborn who specializes in one-handed and block.
You gave your characters nice, dignified names!

When I play RPG games I call my characters things like Ninny, ****head, and Ogo Pogo!

Next time I play Skyrim I'm going to become a stealth archer

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
You gave your characters nice, dignified names!

When I play RPG games I call my characters things like Ninny, ****head, and Ogo Pogo!

Next time I play Skyrim I'm going to become a stealth archer
Archers are really fun to play. I have a Bosmer I haven't played in forever...I think he was my first.

I have about 10 or 15 other characters saved, most of the modded. The three I listed in my above post above are vanilla characters on SE.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Archers are really fun to play. I have a Bosmer I haven't played in forever...I think he was my first.

I have about 10 or 15 other characters saved, most of the modded. The three I listed in my above post above are vanilla characters on SE.
I think using magic is the best way to fight the dragons

In conjunction with cover

I have no idea how I'd fight a dragon using only a bow and arrows

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I think using magic is the best way to fight the dragons

In conjunction with cover

I have no idea how I'd fight a dragon using only a bow and arrows
My archers are all stealth characters with high sneak skill. When fighting dragons with a bow, it's best to be invisible to them.

With most of my archer characters, I don't usually do the main quest. But I did defeat Durnehviir just today with Savaaru.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
My archers are all stealth characters with high sneak skill. When fighting dragons with a bow, it's best to be invisible to them.

With most of my archer characters, I don't usually do the main quest. But I did defeat Durnehviir just today with Savaaru.
I haven't played Skyrim in over ten years

When you kill someone using arrows can you pull them out of them and re-use them?

I can't remember

You must be able to buy them from vendors using gold?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I haven't played Skyrim in over ten years

When you kill someone using arrows can you pull them out of them and re-use them?

I can't remember

You must be able to buy them from vendors using gold?
Yes, you can pull them out and reuse them, but until you have the archery perk (I think it's called hunter's discipline), you'll only get about half of the back. Once you have that perk, it jumps to around 80 or 90 percent.

You can either get arrows as loot from corpses or in chests, buy from vendors, or craft them yourself using wood and metal ingots.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I last played Skyrim about ten years ago on I think PS3

I am thinking of getting it on PC

I have fond memories of it, I liked the feeling it gave of being in a whole different world

Have been watching videos about it on YouTube

Does anyone here like Skyrim?

I think that the ending to the main quest was very underwhelming though

But the music is epic, both the theme tune and the ambient music

Apparently a new Elder Scrolls game is in the pipeline, I can't wait!

I found the game a lot of fun particularly in VR where the whole place comes to life as if you're actually there, it can be breathtaking for certain.

But unfortunately after a while , it becomes boring and samey for some reason as the quest and side missions just don't seem to be as numerous as other spectacular titles like Morrowind or Oblivion for instance.

Skyrim seems to have a lot cut out of it and missing particularly if you like reading books like me and want to follow the story lines from the books such as my fascination with investigating the Dewmer to find out what happened to them.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
I found the game a lot of fun particularly in VR where the whole place comes to life as if you're actually there, it can be breathtaking for certain.
I did not know that was possible!

I would like to try that someday
after a while , it becomes boring and samey
Whenever I played it it always made me feel really cold because of how cold Skyrim looks, even when the room I was in was actually warm

Twilight Hue

Whenever I played it it always made me feel really cold because of how cold Skyrim looks, even when the room I was in was actually warm
Yea. They have a VR version of the game. I find VR to be an incredible experience whether it's flying a fighter jet, or going into a mystical fantastical world of might and magic.

Twilight Hue

That's what you get for hanging around with the Nords! Heh.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Wonderful game, I have a few different versions of it, including the newer anniversary console edition. Played it for probably 50-80 hours a year since it's release in 2011