• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should cannibalism be legal?

Do you think cannibalism should be illegal?

• Yes

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I hear that human flesh is a lot more nutritious than a cow's Flesh , and it makes sense because a cow mainly eats grass and hay, humans have a more balanced diet so their flesh will have a lot more vitamins.

If we lived in a time where there was no laws saying you can't eat people, would you find anything morally wrong with it?

In that true story called alive, a rugby team that crashed their plane survived off eating the corpses of their friends.

They compared it to Holy Communion, And each of them agreed that if they were the next one to die, that they would like to be eaten and use their body to keep their friends alive.

Please explain why it would be wrong to eat human flesh.

I personally would rather my Flesh was to nourish another person rather than just rot.

What is it that makes it more gross than eating a cow?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
In some societies, especially tribal societies, cannibalism is a cultural norm. Consumption of a person from within the same community is called endocannibalism; ritual cannibalism of the recently deceased can be part of the grieving process[15] or be seen as a way of guiding the souls of the dead into the bodies of living descendants.[16]Exocannibalism is the consumption of a person from outside the community, usually as a celebration of victory against a rival tribe.[16] Both types of cannibalism can also be fueled by the belief that eating a person's flesh or internal organs will endow the cannibal with some of the characteristics of the deceased.[17
Cannibalism in humans - Wikipedia

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
No

Because it is a slippery slope morally. If cannibalization is legal, then the case for murder becoming legal is opened.

It's one thing to cannibalize an already dead body in a life or death survival situation. Its another to allow it in a civilized society where food is plentiful.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
No

Because it is a slippery slope morally. If cannibalization is legal, then the case for murder becoming legal is opened.

It's one thing to cannibalize an already dead body in a life or death survival situation. Its another to allow it in a civilized society where food is plentiful.
What about for religious reasons though... It used to be part of the grieving process to eat the corpse of a deceased loved one... Should we suppress people's religious freedom in this case?

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
What about for religious reasons though... It used to be part of the grieving process to eat the corpse of a deceased loved one... Should we suppress people's religious freedom in this case?

In America yes. What other countries do is their business. But that's not something we want here. Unless like I say a life or death survival situation, where you are stranded in a remote location.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
"Listen... chaps... there's still a chance. I'm... done for, I've got a gammy leg and I'm going fast; I'll never get through. But some of you might. So... you'd better eat me."

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Am I the only one (so far) voting that cannibalism should be illegal? Four people think it should be legal? Or did I misunderstand the question?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Am I the only one so far voting that cannibalism should be illegal? Four people think it should be legal? Or did I misunderstand the question?
Sounds to me like you understood the question well... The answers are quite interesting

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Am I the only one (so far) voting that cannibalism should be illegal? Four people think it should be legal? Or did I misunderstand the question?
I'm wondering especially from a secular point of view, what the reasons are for saying such behavior is wrong...

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
So long as parties are consenting to being used as food after they die, I wouldn't be morally opposed, in theory. In practice, human biological material is a controlled substance for a reason. Mishandling could lead to a public safety hazard, to say nothing that most cannibalistic societies die to diseases such as prions.

Tonstad39

Senior headwriter of the Onstad Mythology Series
I see how cannibalism is ethically best when miserable people kill themselves and their bodies have become redundant or a homeless person who has resorted to substance abuse to pass the time to get them some degree of happiness in their hopeless reality.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I hear that human flesh is a lot more nutritious than a cow's Flesh , and it makes sense because a cow mainly eats grass and hay, humans have a more balanced diet so their flesh will have a lot more vitamins.

If we lived in a time where there was no laws saying you can't eat people, would you find anything morally wrong with it?

In that true story called alive, a rugby team that crashed their plane survived off eating the corpses of their friends.

They compared it to Holy Communion, And each of them agreed that if they were the next one to die, that they would like to be eaten and use their body to keep their friends alive.

Please explain why it would be wrong to eat human flesh.

I personally would rather my Flesh was to nourish another person rather than just rot.

What is it that makes it more gross than eating a cow?
I voted to make it legal.
How you do'n?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I suppose in the most drastic of situations, perhaps if the world becomes like it was portrayed in Soylent Green, then perhaps.

vjhstzxp0pe0jf9xynjq.jpg

I will say that they had effective methods of riot control. "Scoops are on the way!"

58d626bf3b0eb0e97cbd194c78974582--soylent-green-news-games.jpg

66db02a3ffe7c2195cc7bccc1d1ec47e--oreo-treats-oreo-cookies.jpg