• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should all countries adopt a 2nd Amendment (Right To Bear Arms)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
The USA has, and probably more so than any other country, demonstrated the insanity of having such a policy, but since it is so ingrained in their culture, that won't likely change for a century or two if even then. The world would be an even more aggressive and horrible place if other countries followed their erroneous line of reasoning - more guns makes 'us' safer, and it being 'our' right to own whatever.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

I know, lets have worldwide shopping mall and school shootings, what a great idea.

coffee-because-sarcasm-needs-to-stay-hydrated-memes-b06793c846ed0a08-525de8f0d93ccc4f.jpg

In the USA we keep our guns to protect ourselves and the people we love. We need to protect ourselves from corrupt governments, and dangerous groups like the ADL and BLM.

Dan From Smithville

Monsters! Monsters from the id! Forbidden Planet
Staff member
Premium Member
In the USA we keep our guns to protect ourselves and the people we love. We need to protect ourselves from corrupt governments, and dangerous groups like the ADL and BLM.
Statistics indicate that people and their loved ones are more likely to be killed by the very guns they keep in defense.

I'm not sure I've ever heard of anyone being attacked by ruthless hoards of the Bureau of Land Management.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So why is it that only Americans feel this need to protect themselves from some nebulous threat? Maybe if there were fewer guns around there would be less paranoia.
Q: Why do Europeans, Australians, Chinese, &al not feel this threat from their neighbors?

Government? If the government wanted to get you, your AR-15 wouldn't stop them.
ADL? BLM? How are idealistic advocates of peace, justice and human rights a threat to you?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
So why is it that only Americans feel this need to protect themselves from some nebulous threat? Maybe if there were fewer guns around there would be less paranoia.
Q: Why do Europeans, Australians, Chinese, &al not feel this threat from their neighbors?

Government? If the government wanted to get you, your AR-15 wouldn't stop them.
ADL? BLM? How are idealistic advocates of peace, justice and human rights a threat to you?
Propaganda spread by the gun lobby.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Even the USA has no use for it, as we have no more militias. The reason for personal gun ownership is for militias, nothing else.
There is no more need for militias, but this was a case of a lack of foresight by the writers of the Constitution. At that time our army was rather haphazard and for defense militias seemed to be a good idea. And for their to be militias people would need to own and have their own weapons. But now we have more than enough armed forces to defend the country, but as written it is all but impossible to limit the personal ownership and use of weapons in a meaningful way. And with an armed populace of course we will have armed criminals which forces our police force to have even more weapon options. If we had gun control as in Germany or England people could still own their weapons. They just could not keep them in their houses.