• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sell Your Oil Stocks. True Perpetual Motion Is A Fact....I Kid You Not

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
To be honest these aren't even really good designs for 'long running machines,' let alone perpetual. Some of them have lots of articulation which makes great friction loss, some of them use materials with a short shelf life for efficiency.
I doubt they'd even run half as long as an antique key wound clock.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
Here's part 1:

Even though they work in principle, practically they'll eventually wear out from friction however small it is. And even if they could be made to have no friction and perpetual motion, it's only a system in equilibrium. I'm not sure if any of them can give more energy output than put into it.

Skwim

Veteran Member
To be honest these aren't even really good designs for 'long running machines,' let alone perpetual. Some of them have lots of articulation which makes great friction loss, some of them use materials with a short shelf life for efficiency.
I doubt they'd even run half as long as an antique key wound clock.

Even though they work in principle, practically they'll eventually wear out from friction however small it is

But. . but . .but, the perpetual force is so strong that it can overcome any potential loss of momentum through friction. As for materials eventually wearing out, don't they all?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'd want to examine them myself, or have the analysis of a physicist, before labeling them as truly perpetual motion machines. There have been many designs over the years that appear perpetual, but they aren't actually so.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I don't think the physics involved in these devices is significantly different than the physics involved in a simple pendulum . Start a pendulum swinging and it will continue to swing for a very long time. Under the right conditions, a pendulum could theoretically continue to swing forever. And this has been well understood for over a hundred years now. These devices look cool, but basically they are just employing the pendulum principle.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
Spoiler alert!!!
Here's the link to the producer of the videos: http://www.veproject1.org/index.php/perpetual-motion/

And here's a foot note about the machines:
IMPORTANT!
My Perpetual Motion Machines models are of motorized versions that were built to illustrate how they were supposed to work in the minds of Inventors. Never mind what educational level we are at, we all miss something that goes beyond the usual scientific explanations. Fundamental Science, Physics Laws and boring Laws of Thermodynamics bring the ‘flight’ of Inventors’ ideas to land. Growing Technology … We live in an age of consumption. But many of us are still dreaming and believe that the era of creativity has not gone. My PMM models are built for them. I’d like to inspire these people by demonstrating Unworkable Perpetual Motion Machines that were designed centuries ago.

I kind'a suspected something was wrong with one of them. One wheel had a constant motion, and it shouldn't have. I could tell that one must've been motorized, but I couldn't see it in the other models.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Spoiler alert!!!
Here's the link to the producer of the videos: http://www.veproject1.org/index.php/perpetual-motion/

And here's a foot note about the machines:

I kind'a suspected something was wrong with one of them. One wheel had a constant motion, and it shouldn't have. I could tell that one must've been motorized, but I couldn't see it in the other models.
I thought the movement of the swinging disc in the first one looked really "mechanical" in nature, and that it's a shame we don't get a better look to see if there are machines running them. Anyone of them is big enough to easily tuck an Arduino, a motor, some batteries, and some wires in them.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
I thought the movement of the swinging disc in the first one looked really "mechanical" in nature, and that it's a shame we don't get a better look to see if there are machines running them. Anyone of them is big enough to easily tuck an Arduino, a motor, some batteries, and some wires in them.
That's the one. The main wheel is going in a steady pace even when the different swinging things come at different places. There should be more unbalance, I feel. It just doesn't look right. Also, if it was properly made and balanced as a perpetual machine, the weights and their motion should be perfectly tuned to the total rotation, like many of the other machines. Some of them have a symmetry both in design and motion. This one, the motion looks haphazard and random, while the main wheel is perfect.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Don't buy it, sorry
Ah, c'mon.

Alas, there are people who really believe such things exist.
They're always conspiracy theorists.
Oh, oh looks like things are beginning to unravel.

Spoiler alert!!!
Now that's just unfair. And we were going along so swimmingly too.

*sigh* Looks like the cat's definitely out of the bag. Oh well, it was fun for awhile.

However, Consider THIS
19px-U%2B21B4.svg.png

waterfall.jpg

Painting made of an actual waterfall and supply. Unfortunately the
real structure was destroyed in a bombing during WWII.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Ah, c'mon.

Oh, oh looks like things are beginning to unravel.

Now that's just unfair. And we were going along so swimmingly too.

*sigh* Looks like the cat's definitely out of the bag. Oh well, it was fun for awhile.

However, Consider THIS
19px-U%2B21B4.svg.png

waterfall.jpg

Painting made of an actual waterfall and supply. Unfortunately the
real structure was destroyed in a bombing during WWII.
A guy who once worked for me described his perpetual motion machine which also involved a water fall.
The falling water ran a generator which powered a motor which ran a pump which pumped the water up to the top of the waterfall which ran the generator which......you see where this is going.
He later stole from me & threatened violence against co-workers & tenants.
He was also a deputy sheriff .

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
A guy who once worked for me described his perpetual motion machine which also involved a water fall.
The falling water ran a generator which powered a motor which ran a pump which pumped the water up to the top of the waterfall which ran the generator which......you see where this is going.
He later stole from me & threatened violence against co-workers & tenants.
He was also a deputy sheriff .
I use to work with a guy who "invented" the solar-powered light bulb. The light from the bulb would generate electricity by shining on a solar pannel which would in turn power the light bulb.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I use to work with a guy who "invented" the solar-powered light bulb. The light from the bulb would generate electricity by shining on a solar pannel which would in turn power the light bulb.
Brilliant!
I once heard a guy tout his perpetual motion car, which was essentially nothing but bigger wheels in the rear so it always went downhill.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
The simplest electrical perpetual machine would be to have a closed circuit. Just a loop of cable, charge it with some magnet, and...
photo.jpg

Round and round the current goes...