• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scientists finally prove there IS life after death

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Don't take it too bad, many people are unaware of the history of the theory
Please come up with some new material. I beg you. Two atheists disagreeing with certain hypotheses doesn't make those hypotheses atheistic in nature. You're not proving anything.

Also, your wikiquote doesn't seem to say what you think it does.

Last edited:

JoStories

God doesn't force women what to wear or to be punished for their choices of what to wear,
God advises them that wearing modest dress is good for them, forcing women in Iran and
Saudi Arabia to wear specific dress has nothing to do with the concepts of Islam.
God doesn't do anything of the sort, the Bible does and men wrote that. Men who wanted to keep women in a certain way, such as head coverings in church and not speaking. That kind of thinking has been discarded by all but the most literal of Bible adherents. Did you ever ask yourself why only the admonishments about women and nothing about how men should dress? Or how men should act in church, etc? That right there should tell you something about who wrote the Bible and what their agenda was.

JoStories

Oddly enough, I see them at the Dollar Store every now and then.
I see them quite regularly here in Maine. I would assume that we have a large Catholic populace owing to the large Franco-American population we also have. And these nuns dress just as in the photo that FearGod posted.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
God doesn't do anything of the sort, the Bible does and men wrote that. Men who wanted to keep women in a certain way, such as head coverings in church and not speaking. That kind of thinking has been discarded by all but the most literal of Bible adherents. Did you ever ask yourself why only the admonishments about women and nothing about how men should dress? Or how men should act in church, etc? That right there should tell you something about who wrote the Bible and what their agenda was.

And what do you think their agenda was?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I see them quite regularly here in Maine. I would assume that we have a large Catholic populace owing to the large Franco-American population we also have. And these nuns dress just as in the photo that FearGod posted.
We've got the same thing going on here too. The nuns I see are also dressed much like those in that photo.

Jumi

Didn't know there were so many nuns in the US. Protestants were very much against nuns and monks. Only monastery we have in the whole country is Orthodox and those only accept men I think.

JoStories

And what do you think their agenda was?
Women were considered as less than men so the reasons for those passages had more to do with keeping women in their station than anything else. Its very similar, IMO, to the way Muslim extremists treat their women...less than. As something they own. But I suspect you knew that so what exactly was the reason for your question FearGod?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Women were considered as less than men so the reasons for those passages had more to do with keeping women in their station than anything else. Its very similar, IMO, to the way Muslim extremists treat their women...less than. As something they own. But I suspect you knew that so what exactly was the reason for your question FearGod?

But do you know how women were treated before Islam and how they are treated today in the civilized world?