• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scientists actually do know everything about the universe.

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
Nah, Planck says nothing about any 'God'. You have 'God' on the brain, and

Read the Wiki article. It is clear that Planck was a theist and that he was referring to God.

You are just a new-age con-man, continually twisting and misrepresenting.

You are also a fundamentalist, you sound like you belong to a cult.

Last edited:

Rick O'Shez

I'm well aware you would take "behind this" to mean more than it actually says, and I disagree.

We know from the Wiki article that Planck was a theist, and this line clearly refers to God: "We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind."

There is nothing in the Wiki article to suggest that Planck believed in the kind of flap-doodle mysticism which is being preached here.

godnotgod

Thou art That
We know from the Wiki article that Planck was a theist, and this line clearly refers to God: "We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind."

You are jumping to conclusions. He carefully did not say: "We must assume behind this force the existence of a God". But whether he meant God or just intelligent consciousness, it matters not; he is saying that intelligent consciousness exists behind the material universe, which is the original point I was making with idav in posting Planck's quote. Story end.

Last edited:

godnotgod

Thou art That
Read the Wiki article. It is clear that Planck was a theist and that he was referring to God.

I don't care what the Wiki article says; his statement is not necessarily a reference to any 'God'. In fact, he very carefully avoids that term, using 'conscious and intelligent Mind' instead.

Rick O'Shez

I don't care what the Wiki article says;

Clearly not. Your only concern is misrepresenting everything to support your flap-doodle mysticism. You are incapable of debate, you continually insult people and call them stupid, like the fundamentalist that you are.
I think you must have taken classes in being obnoxious from your dodgy guru.

Last edited:

Rick O'Shez

You are jumping to conclusions. He carefully did not say: "We must assume behind this force the existence of a God". But whether he meant God or just intelligent consciousness, it matters not; he is saying that intelligent consciousness exists behind the material universe, which is the original point I was making with idav in posting Planck's quote. Story end.

The only person jumping to conclusions is you, such is your desperation to quote-mine supposed support for your flap-doodle mysticism. Planck was clearly a theist.

godnotgod

Thou art That
Further confirmation that in your view anyone who challenges your flap-doodle mysticism is stupid. What a horribly arrogant person you are.

No, the content was stupid, just as your brick on foot experiment is totally stupid. I highlighted it in red. go back and read it. It was not a challenge to anything I said. It was his own content.

Rick O'Shez

No, the content was stupid, just as your brick on foot experiment is totally stupid. I highlighted it in red. go back and read it. It was not a challenge to anything I said. It was his own content.

You continually call people stupid, you continually mock, patronise and insult. You are just obnoxious.

Go back to your cult. Stop hijacking threads to preach your Chopra-inspired babble.

godnotgod

Thou art That
The only person jumping to conclusions is you, such is your desperation to quote-mine supposed support for your flap-doodle mysticism. Planck was clearly a theist.

But I never jumped to any such conclusion. I am sticking to Planck's actual words, while you are assuming that by 'intelligent mind' he means 'God'.

Whether he was a theist or not is not the point. Do you understand that the point I was originally making was to demonstrate that there are scientists who hold that the universe is conscious, as per idav's request?

godnotgod

Thou art That
You continually call people stupid, you continually mock, patronise and insult. .

I have never called anyone 'stupid', but I certainly have called their posts stupid, like your silly and plainly stupid brick on the foot experiment. And idav's serious post about intelligence emerging from intelligence is also silly.

Rick O'Shez

I have never called anyone 'stupid', but I certainly have called their posts stupid, like your silly and plainly stupid brick on the foot experiment. And idav's serious post about intelligence emerging from intelligence is also silly.

Go back to your cult or down your rabbit hole. Learn some manners and humility.

Last edited:

idav

Being
Premium Member

There is nothing in the Wiki article to suggest that Planck believed in the kind of flap-doodle mysticism which is being preached here.
In further looking into Planck claims I think you are correct. I found it suggested that Planck, like Eisntein were against the mystical Copenhagen interpretation QM that suggests consciousness creates reality. This has been thoroughly debunked but alas is a mere interpretation which some people are willing to admit.

idav

Being
Premium Member
OMG! What a joke!

So then intelligence comes from stupidity?

Tell me how existence comes into being, and then tell me how intelligence, which is non-material, comes from the material world.
Don't make stuff up. I've explained it but I'm not going to debate someone who would rather ridicule my ideas rather than consider it.

I don't know why you keep resorting to this dualistic, there is material vs non-material, I believe in no such thing, and again asked and answered.

godnotgod

Thou art That
Don't make stuff up. I've explained it but I'm not going to debate someone who would rather ridicule my ideas rather than consider it.

I don't know why you keep resorting to this dualistic, there is material vs non-material, I believe in no such thing, and again asked and answered.

I have considered it, and then ridiculed it as being ridiculous as a result.

Intelligence can only 'come' from intelligence. If fact, it doesn't come from anywhere; it is already present, and then what we call 'the universe', along with brains that do what it dictates, evolved from it. Intelligence cannot come from a dead universe.

So can you answer the question: how does consciousness emerge from the brain? I know it is called Emergent Theory, but that is a misnomer as it is still only a hypothesis-assumption-conjecture at best.

Last edited:

godnotgod

Thou art That
Go back to your cult or down your rabbit hole. Learn some manners and humility.

I calls 'em as I sees 'em. You post stupid s**t, I call it stupid s**t.

Look! The MOON!:p

"Beautiful words are not truthful;
truthful words are not beautiful"

Tao te Ching

idav

Being
Premium Member
I have considered it, and then ridiculed it as being ridiculous as a result.

Intelligence can only 'come' from intelligence. If fact, it doesn't come from anywhere; it is already present, and then what we call 'the universe', along with brains that do what it dictates, evolved from it. Intelligence cannot come from a dead universe.

So can you answer the question: how does consciousness emerge from the brain? I know it is called Emergent Theory, but that is a misnomer as it is still only a hypothesis-assumption-conjecture at best.
Your incorrigible.

Its rather convenient to claim intelligence must come from intelligence because you end up with an eternal regression issue. Where would an intelligent God get intelligence if it must come from intelligence.