• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rock of offence to the Jews

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
I think your right but why do you think I have been hostile?
Disregarding the fact that claiming you have 'The Truth' and that the person in front of you should bend their knee to it is a form of harassment, or that doing this without any knowledge of comparison between your life and the life of someone else is rude and ignorant. Calling someone an enemy of your religion is already off to a hostile start.
Which is no surprising then why you find yourself typing lines such as the following:
I do agree with this all the way. Its just that I get carried away sometimes with answering a post with my full belief and sometimes my answers seems offensive too them.
The only thing I can offer you is to talk to other people objectively instead of expecting them to accept your beliefs as nothing more than your beliefs. If you want constructive discussions you need to develop realistic expectations from others and from yourself, instead of expecting either of you to conform to the other's tradition/culture/beliefs.
This is what adults do.

Alceste

Vagabond
Me personally or Christians in general? I took that text out because a moderated said it did not belong? Is that not backing down?

You're being passive aggressive about it. "Ooh, look at me, I'm going to 'hold back' telling the 'truth' because I don't want to offend anyone..." You haven't reconsidered or recanted your belief that Jews are 'partially blind enemies of the cross', you've doubled down, insisting that they still are but if it's offensive to say that out loud you'll just imply it in a roundabout way, then blame them for still understanding your meaning and being offended. ("my answers 'seem' offensive 'to them'").

Last edited:

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
I'm going to end this thread here and start a new one with the question? Is everyone but Christian allow to say what ever they want and since my religion my be offensive should I refrain from sharing it?
When you say 'my religion' I hope you do not paint all Christian denominations and streams to use the same life's philosophy and strategy as yours. I know several Christians who manage to talk to other people about religion without offending them.

dance-above

Disregarding the fact that claiming you have 'The Truth' and that the person in front of you should bend their knee to it is a form of harassment, or that doing this without any knowledge of comparison between your life and the life of someone else is rude and ignorant. Calling someone an enemy of your religion is already off to a hostile start.
Which is no surprising then why you find yourself typing lines such as the following:

The only thing I can offer you is to talk to other people objectively instead of expecting them to accept your beliefs as nothing more than your beliefs. If you want constructive discussions you need to develop realistic expectations from others and from yourself, instead of expecting either of you to conform to the other's tradition/culture/beliefs.
This is what adults do.
I don't expect them to believe. But every knee will bow I can't change that.

dance-above

When you say 'my religion' I hope you do not paint all Christian denominations and streams to use the same life's philosophy and strategy as yours. I know several Christians who manage to talk to other people about religion without offending them.
To some no matter what you say it may be offensive. If disagree its offensive to some if you say it ok to eat pork its offensive to some.

Levite

Higher and Higher
To some no matter what you say it may be offensive. If disagree its offensive to some if you say it ok to eat pork its offensive to some.

good-guy-rabbi-pork-abortion.jpg

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Apples and oranges, to say the least. What possible logic are you trying to display by saying that whatever people say they will offend someone else as if the first thing in the morning when my wife offers me coffee and smiles she does it with the dramatic declaration: 'How did you sleep honey? Coffee you enemy of God?'

Alceste

Vagabond
Apples and oranges, to say the least. What possible logic are you trying to display by saying that whatever people say they will offend someone else as if the first thing in the morning when my wife offers me coffee and smiles she does it with the dramatic declaration: 'How did you sleep honey? Coffee you enemy of God?'

Agreed. It is quite possible to pass entire days - weeks, even! - without giving offense to anyone, intentionally or otherwise.

dance-above

You're being passive aggressive about it. "Ooh, look at me, I'm going to 'hold back' telling the 'truth' because I don't want to offend anyone..." You haven't reconsidered or recanted your belief that Jews are 'partially blind enemies of the cross', you've doubled down, insisting that they still are but if it's offensive to say that out loud you'll just imply it in a roundabout way, then blame them for still understanding your meaning and being offended. ("my answers 'seem' offensive 'to them'").
I'm not offended at all I enjoy these discussions. they're in part enemies, it was needed so that God could show mercy to the Gentiles and after the full number of Gentiles have come in he will return and all Israel shall be saved. I love the Jewish nation and was not trying to cause division.

Alceste

Vagabond
I'm not offended at all I enjoy these discussions. they're in part enemies, it was needed so that God could show mercy to the Gentiles and after the full number of Gentiles have come in he will return and all Israel shall be saved. I love the Jewish nation and was not trying to cause division.

You know what's sadder than trolling? People who thoughtlessly parrot the words of trolls without understanding why they are offensive.

Levite

Higher and Higher

ZOMG. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

dance-above

Only a couple of people on here understood my question. And they answered and was honest got to the point didn't try to accuse me of being hostile and I appreciate them. Thank you