• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RF Members

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I would guess that we have more passive-aggressive nitwits here in RF than you'd be likely find in a typical cross section of modern society.

At the same time I suspect we have fewer bonafide scholars, since they tend to be the ones that the passive-aggressive nitwits single out for abuse.

Whatever.....:rolleyes:

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
So basically what you're saying is, "I have no idea what you're talking about, but I decided to have an opinion about it anyway". . .
I may have forgotten more about the subject than.......... well, you know how it goes. :D
It's quite simple. You have passive, and you have it's opposite...... assertive.
It's simply logic that if folks want to describe conditions ranging from quiet reservation to suppressed contention as passive aggression then there HAS TO BE the condition of assertive aggression.
See? That was AA, on RF.
::D

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
So basically what you're saying is, "I have no idea what you're talking about, but I decided to have an opinion about it anyway". . .
Let me try again.
Pictures can sometimes help...........
RF member style:- (Assertive Aggressive)
figure-4-leg-cross.jpg

Your idea of RF member style:- (Passive aggressive)
man-arms-folded2.gif

There......... did that help?
Some of us might once have made real films about this kind of 'thing', you know.
:p

1robin

Christian/Baptist
mmm. I'd say the "average RF member" would be an individual of slightly-to-moderately above-average intelligence, even the ones I tend to disagree with(@1robin & @ShivaFan come primarily to mind). However, we definitely are not representative regarding world religious beliefs. There are(sadly) far too many practicing authentic Pagans in the community, many-many atheists(both weak & strong) and so on to be accurate for the wider world.
Nietzsche - I am not sure what I am supposed to do when I see I was "tagged" in a post. I am not sure what tagged means but as it seems you granted me some marginal credibility here I will only note that I have read you post. Rock on!

Never mind it just hit me what tagged means. How is it that go through the steps of tagging someone? I have never attempted it before and never considered it but maybe I would run across an opportunity that requires it and would need to know how to do so.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Never mind it just hit me what tagged means. How is it that go through the steps of tagging someone? I have never attempted it before and never considered it but maybe I would run across an opportunity that requires it and would need to know how to do so.
To get someone's attention (like quoting their post), just attach the "@" symbol to the poster's moniker.
A pop-up menu will even suggest posters.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think not representative much. My husband says if I want to find someone to listen to me I must get off of forum. Maybe go to school.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I dunno!

Anyone knows how representative I am?

To be honest, I don't even know what "how representative" means :D
Cute! I think representative means how much the community of people here on forum match the populous of the world proportionally.
Are the many different types of characters of the world represented here?
I say absolutely not!

What that means is I think on this forum (and on most forums) there are most of the same kind of people. Not different kinds of people.

Forum is about posting what we are thinking. Even though we think different thoughts and in that way we are somewhat representative, we all have the same stubbornness. The Bible has a word for what most of us here are, the word is "stiff-necked". I think rubber necks are missing on forums. They are not being represented here.

Rubber necks are stiff neck's opposites.

What it means is NOBODY comes on any forum to change his or her own mind. We are ALL here to change other people's minds. But people who might change their own mind are not here. They are unrepresented.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
But people who might change their own mind are not here. They are unrepresented.
Such people are unrepresented here because they don't exist. Nobody changes their own mind without being influenced by someone or something else.

We are here because we want to influence and be influenced.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Such people are unrepresented here because they don't exist. Nobody changes their own mind without being influenced by someone or something else.

We are here because we want to influence and be influenced.
If you mean be influenced means a good laugh then I agree with you. If you mean be influenced to agree with something else, then I think I disagree as I have not seen it (even in myself) yet.

It might be happening. I haven't seen it.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
If you mean be influenced means a good laugh then I agree with you. If you mean be influenced to agree with something else, then I think I disagree as I have not seen it (even in myself) yet.

It might be happening. I haven't seen it.
Nothing wrong with a good laugh. (And even a bad laugh is still pretty good.)

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Cute! I think representative means how much the community of people here on forum match the populous of the world proportionally.
Are the many different types of characters of the world represented here?
I say absolutely not!

What that means is I think on this forum (and on most forums) there are most of the same kind of people. Not different kinds of people.

Forum is about posting what we are thinking. Even though we think different thoughts and in that way we are somewhat representative, we all have the same stubbornness. The Bible has a word for what most of us here are, the word is "stiff-necked". I think rubber necks are missing on forums. They are not being represented here.

Rubber necks are stiff neck's opposites.

What it means is NOBODY comes on any forum to change his or her own mind. We are ALL here to change other people's minds. But people who might change their own mind are not here. They are unrepresented.

Thanks ma'am :)

At first when I read the above in red, I though "huh, I didn't understand the first, now this one?" :D

But now I get it. Thank you :)

Then I don't think RF members are representative. Well, for example, the vast majority of Muslims don't know English and RF is English based. So I don't think RF members can be representative of Islam at least.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
To get someone's attention (like quoting their post), just attach the "@" symbol to the poster's moniker.
A pop-up menu will even suggest posters.
Ok, thanks. But what specifically do you mean by moniker here. The avatar, name, both?