• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reform, Libertarian and Green Party Nominees

TheScholar

Scholar
So has anyone been keeping up with the minor parties this election?

There is no doubt in my mind that the Libertarian ticket of former Governors Gary Johnson and Bill Weld are going to be third place in the General. The main thing I want to see, is if they can get the 15 percent in the polls that they need to get into the debates, and get enough votes to get matching funds for the Libertarian Party. That would be a game changer in American politics.

Jill Stein will come in fourth in my opinion. Not based off of her money, but because the Green Party has an infrastructure in place for liberals and leftists that don't think Hillary Clinton is liberal enough, or have some sort of problem with Secretary Clinton, and don't want to vote for Trump. The Green Party also has a base and local officeholders that can campaign for her, and you can't underestimate the power of that.

The Reform Party is rebuilding. Even though it is a ransacked shell of it's former self, it has a few ballot lines left and will be able to field a candidate. The interesting candidate for them is political author Darcy Richardson. As far as using the nomination as a vehicle for messaging, I think he's the best choice. The one place that a Richardson campaign could effect the general election is Florida, a swing state, because some moderate or establishment Republicans that don't like Trump may be talked into voting for Richardson.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I have a dilemma....
I want Gary Johnson to do well.
But I want to prevent Hillary from waging war.
Voting for Gary boosts Hillary's chances.
Voting for Trump harms Gary's.
(Also, I'm not sure how many times I'd need to shower to get rid of the unclean feeling of voting for Trump.)

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If Hillary is far ahead of Trump in polling in my state shortly prior to election day, I'll vote for Jill Stein.

If Trump has any chance of winning my state come that time, I'll vote Hillary.

TheScholar

Scholar
The best thing to do is vote your conscious, because the only vote wasted is the one not caste.

Gary Johnson is in a three way statistical tie for Utah. I find that awesome.

I would love to vote for Darcy Richardson if he won the Reform Party nomination, but they don't even have write in status in North Carolina, thus I have to vote Johnson.

TheScholar

Scholar
Update: Odd sequence of events the Reform Party nominated Roque de la Fuente. They are on twenty five ballots, but claim they could be on 42 ballots by election time. Are we seeing a Reform Party resurgence?

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I have a dilemma....
I want Gary Johnson to do well.
But I want to prevent Hillary from waging war.
Voting for Gary boosts Hillary's chances.
Voting for Trump harms Gary's.
(Also, I'm not sure how many times I'd need to shower to get rid of the unclean feeling of voting for Trump.)
Just imagine how many showers you will be taking over the next four years if he wins.

You might personally be responsible for a worldwide drought

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Just imagine how many showers you will be taking over the next four years if he wins.
You might personally be responsible for a worldwide drought
One must consider the alternative.
If I had even a smidgen of power to keep the Hildabeast out of office,
& I did not use it, that would indeed be unbiggening.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I caught a snippet of an interview (with Q&A) of Gary Johnson on NPR.
A caller & the host tried to get him to answer the loaded question of how
he'd feel if his candidacy resulted in the horror of a Trump presidency.
He refused to answer, since it was predicated on his making things worse.
Good for him. Bad, bad, bad NPR.