• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Recent discussion on evolution by Aron Ra

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I don't think Tucker is a typical US citizen. He isn't stupid.
Careful, he represents a very large population of fundamentalist Christians rejecting the sciences of evolution and they are being elected to Congress and other elected offices across the country including the Supreme Court,

Due to the evangelism of Creationism worldwide the rejection of sciences of evolution is growing in the advocate of "Intelligent Design" and outright literal Biblical Creation.

This fundamentalist Christian beliefs extends to the increasing persecution and outlawing the LGBTQ community, even the death penalty.

Last edited:

Heyo

Veteran Member
Careful, he represents a very large population of fundamentalist Christians rejecting the sciences of evolution and they are being elected to Congress and other elected offices across the country including the Supreme Court,

Due to the evangelism of Creationism worldwide the rejection of sciences of evolution is growing in the advocate of "Intelligent Design" and outright literal Biblical Creation.

This fundamentalist Christian beliefs extends to the increasing persecution and outlawing the LGBTQ community, even the death penalty.
I'm the last to accuse someone of malice when their actions (or opinions) can be equally explained by stupidity. But I don't think that Mr. Carlson's opinions can be explained by stupidity. He knows the facts. But he is very good at spinning a narrative very convincingly, and we know that he is willing to lie.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I'm the last to accuse someone of malice when their actions (or opinions) can be equally explained by stupidity. But I don't think that Mr. Carlson's opinions can be explained by stupidity. He knows the facts. But he is very good at spinning a narrative very convincingly, and we know that he is willing to lie.
So does a large percentage of Americans that believe as Tucker believes

Pogo

He and Rupert Murdoch know how to make money.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Nope. Most YEC do believe that the Bible stories are true. Mr. Carlson doesn't. He knows they aren't true. He just believes that it is good for his goals when dumb people believe what he tells them.
I am not sure what Tucker believes, He does say he is a Christian.

To me he appears to be sensationalist "Medicine Wagon Dr."

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
He may be a Christian, but he's not a YEC. He is smart and he is educated. Pretending to be a YEC helps his political agenda.

It has a bit of that. But instead of snake oil, he sells white supremacy.
There is no doubt that he is totally amoral. All he cares about is what helps him. But I do think that there may be some severe damage to ceretain parts of his brain. It is almost as if the reasoning part of the brain is dead except for the conniving areas of reason.

And don't forget that he is so ridiculous in what he says that a case was won using the "Tucker Carlson Defense".

Heyo

Veteran Member
There is no doubt that he is totally amoral. All he cares about is what helps him. But I do think that there may be some severe damage to ceretain parts of his brain. It is almost as if the reasoning part of the brain is dead except for the conniving areas of reason.
You mean the "reverse reasoning" part? His talent to take any kind of news and twist it into what he wants it to say, and articulate that as if that was the only possible, logic conclusion is unparalleled. You could give him your grandma's apple pie receipt, and he'd turn it into a defence of Israel - and 90% of his audience would be convinced by his "brilliant analyses".

Pogo

Those who watched the video would've heard Aron Ra characterizing Tucker Carlson as always wrong about everything, and I gave that as an example that it's not exactly true.
So you think Aron Ra made an error, but you are unwilling top tell us what it was?