• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Readings for the Feast of Qudrat (Power) November 4th

arthra

Baha'i
He Who leadeth to true victory is come. By the righteousness of God! He is fully capable of
revolutionizing the world through the power of a single Word. Having enjoined upon all men
to observe wisdom, He Himself hath adhered to the cord of patience and resignation.

(Baha'u'llah: Tablets of Baha'u'llah, Pages: 259-260)

The Books, the Scriptures and Holy Writings of previous ages have all proclaimed the joyful
tidings that the purpose underlying this most mighty Revelation is none other than the
rehabilitation of the world and its nations: that perchance the power of utterance may prevail
over the power of arms, and the world's affairs be administered through the potency of love.
We ask God, the True One, to invest all with the mantle of trustworthiness, for that is the
world's comeliest garment. (Baha'u'llah: Trustworthiness, Page: 332)
O people of Baha! The source of crafts, sciences and arts is the power of reflection. Make ye
every effort that out of this ideal mine there may gleam forth such pearls of wisdom and
utterance as will promote the well-being and harmony of all the kindreds of the earth.

(Baha'u'llah: Tablets of Baha'u'llah, Page: 72)

Through the strengthening power of My Name seize ye the chalice of knowledge, drink then
your fill in defiance of the people of the world who have broken the Covenant of God and His
Testament, rejected His proofs and clear tokens, and cavilled at His signs which have pervaded
all that are in heaven and on earth.

(Bahá'u'lláh: Tablets of Baha'u'llah, Page: 79)

...reflect how the elevated heavens of the Dispensations of the
past have, in the right hand of power, been folded together, how
the heavens of divine Revelation have been raised by the command
of God, and been adorned by the sun, the moon, and stars of His
wondrous commandments. Such are the mysteries of the Word of
God, which have been unveiled and made manifest, that haply
thou mayest apprehend the morning light of divine guidance,
mayest quench, by the power of reliance and renunciation, the
lamp of idle fancy, of vain imaginings, of hesitation, and doubt,
and mayest kindle, in the inmost chamber of thine heart, the newborn light of divine knowledge and certitude.

(Bahá'u'lláh: The Kitab-i-Iqan, Pages: 48-49)

First and foremost among these favors, which the Almighty hath conferred upon man, is the
gift of understanding. His purpose in conferring such a gift is none other except to enable His
creature to know and recognize the one true God - exalted be His glory. This gift giveth man
the power to discern the truth in all things, leadeth him to that which is right, and helpeth him
to discover the secrets of creation. Next in rank, is the powerof vision, the chief instrument
whereby his understanding can function. The senses of hearing, of the heart, and the like, are
similarly to be reckoned among the gifts with which the human body is endowed.
Immeasurably exalted is the Almighty Who hath created these power, and revealed them in the
body of man.

(Bahá'u'lláh: Gleanings, Page: 194)

Arise to further My Cause, and to exalt My Word amongst men. We are with you at all times,
and shall strengthen you through the power of truth. We are truly almighty. Whoso hath
recognized Me will arise and serve Me with such determination that the powers of earth and
heaven shall be unable to defeat his purpose. (Baha'u'llah: The Kitab-i-Aqdas, Pages: 32-33)
Arise and, armed with the power of faith, shatter to pieces the gods of your vain imaginings,
the sowers of dissension amongst you. Cleave unto that which draweth you together and
uniteth you.

(Baha'u'llah: Gleanings, Page: 217)

And now, concerning His words: "And He shall send His angels...."
By "angels" is meant those who, reinforced by the power of the
spirit, have consumed, with the fire of the love of God, all human
traits and limitations, and have clothed themselves with the attributes
of the most exalted Beings and of the Cherubim.

(Bahá'u'lláh: The Kitab-i-Iqan, Pages: 78-79)

After passing through the Valley of knowledge, which is the last plane of limitation, the
wayfarer cometh to THE VALLEY OF UNITY and drinketh from the cup of the Absolute,
and gazeth on the Manifestations of Oneness. In this station he pierceth the veils of plurality,
fleeth from the worlds of the flesh, and ascendeth into the heaven of singleness. With the ear
of God he heareth, with the eye of God he beholdeth the mysteries of divine creation. He
steppeth into the sanctuary of the Friend, and shareth as an intimate the pavilion of the Loved
One. He stretcheth out the hand of truth from the sleeve of the Absolute; he revealeth the
secrets of power. He seeth in himself neither name nor fame nor rank, but findeth his own
praise in praising God. He beholdeth in his own name the name of God; to him, "all songs are
from the King," and every melody from Him. He sitteth on the throne of "Say, all is from
God," and taketh his rest on the carpet of "There is no power or might but in God." He
looketh on all things with the eye of oneness, and seeth the brilliant rays of the divine sun
shining from the dawning-point of Essence alike on all created things, and the lights of
singleness reflected over all creation.

(Bahá'u'lláh: Seven Valleys and Four Valleys, Pages: 17-18)