• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ratha Saptami---bow down to Surya deva

kalyan

Aspiring Sri VaishNava
Ratha Saptami tomorrow ------Bow down to Lord Surya, may he protect us from all the negatives and bring positives to our lives....If I drop a pen and someone gives it to me, I say thank you..well its about time we should offer thanks to Sun god or Surya deva no ?

Tomorrow is the day where the most powerful ADITYA HRUDYAM is recited.

Aditya Hrudayam was given as a upadesam by Agasthya to Sri rAma and after that he killed rAvana the sinner who took mother Seetha devi who is so pure that even the fire gets purified by her touch as shown in Valmiki Ramayanam, do anyone of the modern age touch fire without getting burned ? ;) ...

It is said that Srimannarayana is inside the Surya Mandala as Hiranya Garbha samavarthathagre....His form as the inner controller of Surya is different, he has golden hair, he is in golden color as opposed to Normal black/bluish form inside the Surya.......

I made this thread as a thanks to Sun god for sustaining Life on earth....May all do the same atleast in manas/mind.

Jaya Srimannaryana...

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Homage to the Sun God. Yesterday it was Vasant Panchami, the day of Goddess Saraswati. My wife asked the kids to say their prayers (Saraswati Mahabhage, Vidye Kamalalochane ..), and after the prayers they got yellow gram flour sweets. Checked Saraswati Gayatri. It is generally too tough for children to remember.

GoodbyeDave

My wife asked the kids to say their prayers (Saraswati Mahabhage, Vidye Kamalalochane ..), and after the prayers they got yellow gram flour sweets.
Sweet! I have symbolic food on my festival of Heliogenna: western of course, such as lemon swiss roll and quiche.

One of my favourite stories is of the time, a couple of years ago, that the Sun only shone for a few minutes during the whole day: just while I was singing the hymn!

kalyan

Aspiring Sri VaishNava
Sun/Surya is the sustainer, Sun is also called as Mithra in Sanskrit and pagans used to worship sun god as Mithra if am not wrong...Ancient greeks also worshipped Sun as Mithra..Vedam says without a chaitanya tattvam/intelligent entity acting behind anything nothing works orderly...So Surya mandala/Sun has its internal controller Surya Deva also called as Surya nArAyaNa who is responsible for all the stuff that goes in that.....

The Sun is a star and the center of our solar system. Everything in our solar system revolves around the Sun. It’s impossible to understand fully how crucial the Sun is to life on Earth and the very existence of all the other planets around us.

The Sun’s immense mass draws all the other planets in thesolar system toward it. Since Earth and all the other planets are moving very fast through space, the Sun’s presence keeps them moving around itself. If the Sun were to suddenly disappear, Earth and the other planets would retain their forward motion, effectively flying off into outer space in a straight line.

No one has any idea what would happen if that occurred. What’s certain, though, is that we Earthlings would soon be lost in space!

Of course, without the Sun none of us would even exist in the first place. Scientists who have studied the origins of life on Earth point to Earth’s perfect positioning with regard to its distance from the Sun as a main factor in creating the conditions that allow life to exist on Earth.

http://wonderopolis.org/wonder/what-would-earth-be-like-without-the-sun#

As one great man once said, as the technology advances it brings them closer to the vedic dharma.

kalyan

Aspiring Sri VaishNava
800px-A_yoga_namaste_Hindu_culture_religion_rites_rituals_sights.jpg

Arghyam to Surya BhagawAn......

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Sweet! I have symbolic food on my festival of Heliogenna: western of course, such as lemon swiss roll and quiche.
'Prasada' is a must in any puja. Prasada is what deity gives you when he/she is pleased with blessings. It can be puffed rice, Panchamrit (five essential ingredients: Milk, yoghurt, clarified butter, Sugar and Ganges water. One can add other things for taste, almond and coconut shavings, or puffed lotus seeds), sweets of various kinds, fruits, pudding, sweetened fried wheat floor or samolina (Kasar), etc.
Arghyam to Surya BhagawAn......
I think she should be facing the sun.

kalyan

Aspiring Sri VaishNava
Surya GrahaNam or Solar eclipse today ----------Let the glory to be Surya Deva and wishing him well to pass this........ :(

Take bath after the eclipse is over.

Chant mantras dedicated to the Sun God(Aditya Hrudyam or VishNu sahasranAmam).

Put blades of dried grass/Darbha or Tulsi in each of the food grain storage containers in your kitchen. This will prevent the food grains from getting affected during the eclipse.

Pregnant women must chant the Santana Gopala Mantra

Do not cook food or eat during GrahaNam.

Do not look at the Sun directly.

Pregnant women must not step out of the house.

Avoid doing important tasks during GrahaNam.​