• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question on 1 King 16-28

SG2009

I need some help or full account on what happen next in the life of the two women who came to solomon in that case story.I'm interesting in particuler in the life of the second woman with the child, how did she move forward with her life and her child?Did they succeed or fail in life.Please share your religious thoughts. Did the child later became a king, or a prophet; a beggar or a thief ??Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
I do not believe that it is mentioned at all what became of them... I suppose they stopped living together for one thing though...

SG2009

Ok based on that case story, can we draw a general conclusion on the life of any prostitute or the son of a prostitutue as insignificant other.I had 2 preachers who read the entire book of King and Samuels. The first one claim somewhere in the later chapters, the son of the prostitute became a King or a prophet, and am trying to figure which king or prophet was that?The second preacher said in the end of one these books the son of the prostitute amount to nothing--meaning he became a thief or a beggar on the street.Am curious which preacher is right?

rusra02

Premium Member
Ok based on that case story, can we draw a general conclusion on the life of any prostitute or the son of a prostitutue as insignificant other.I had 2 preachers who read the entire book of King and Samuels. The first one claim somewhere in the later chapters, the son of the prostitute became a King or a prophet, and am trying to figure which king or prophet was that?The second preacher said in the end of one these books the son of the prostitute amount to nothing--meaning he became a thief or a beggar on the street.Am curious which preacher is right?

Neither. The Bible simply doesn't mention any more concerning this woman or her son.

SG2009

Neither. The Bible simply doesn't mention any more concerning this woman or her son.

That's what i thought but some preachers say in the subsequent chapters their life were renarrated, seems like the son later on became a thief or a prophet (some say a king while other says a beggar)...can you research that while am doing so too...In case the Bible didn't say anything about them any more, can we conclude a prostitute and son will always amount to nothing?

rusra02

Premium Member
That's what i thought but some preachers say in the subsequent chapters their life were renarrated, seems like the son later on became a thief or a prophet (some say a king while other says a beggar)...can you research that while am doing so too...In case the Bible didn't say anything about them any more, can we conclude a prostitute and son will always amount to nothing?

No, we should not conclude a prostitute and son will always amount to nothing.

Rahab was a prostitute but became a true worshiper of God mentioned favorably in the Bible. Of course, she stopped being a prostitute. (James 2:25)

Many women have been forced into prostitution by wicked people. Others may have been abused as children. God is very concerned about all people. 1 Corinthians 6:9,10 clearly shows immoral people must change if they want to please God. These verses also show some can and do change.
"What! Do you not know that unrighteous persons will not inherit God’s kingdom? Do not be misled. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men kept for unnatural purposes, nor men who lie with men, nor thieves, nor greedy persons, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit God’s kingdom. And yet that is what some of you were. But you have been washed clean, but you have been sanctified, but you have been declared righteous in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ and with the spirit of our God."

John D

Spiritsurfer
I need some help or full account on what happen next in the life of the two women who came to solomon in that case story.I'm interesting in particuler in the life of the second woman with the child, how did she move forward with her life and her child?Did they succeed or fail in life.Please share your religious thoughts. Did the child later became a king, or a prophet; a beggar or a thief ??Thanks in advance

Why not start a new thread and write their story.(2 sentences per post ?)
Something like:
"Anna took her baby and run home. She vowed to change her life for the sake of her son."

Maybe people will be interested .
No !!!

The child could be any one & no-one,the main point is the need for Justice where the wise can administer this fairly & without fear or prejudice.

A Mother willing to give up her child(in love) in order that it may live is inkeeping with nature,for justice to return the child to her is touching upon divinity given the nature of the strongest love bond we have as human.

Great love

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
To save others some work:
16 Now two prostitutes came to the king and stood before him.

17 One of them said, "My lord, this woman and I live in the same house. I had a baby while she was there with me.

18 The third day after my child was born, this woman also had a baby. We were alone; there was no one in the house but the two of us.

19 "During the night this woman's son died because she lay on him.

20 So she got up in the middle of the night and took my son from my side while I your servant was asleep. She put him by her breast and put her dead son by my breast.

21 The next morning, I got up to nurse my son—and he was dead! But when I looked at him closely in the morning light, I saw that it wasn't the son I had borne."

22 The other woman said, "No! The living one is my son; the dead one is yours."
But the first one insisted, "No! The dead one is yours; the living one is mine." And so they argued before the king.

23 The king said, "This one says, 'My son is alive and your son is dead,' while that one says, 'No! Your son is dead and mine is alive.' "

24 Then the king said, "Bring me a sword." So they brought a sword for the king. 25 He then gave an order: "Cut the living child in two and give half to one and half to the other."

26 The woman whose son was alive was filled with compassion for her son and said to the king, "Please, my lord, give her the living baby! Don't kill him!"
But the other said, "Neither I nor you shall have him. Cut him in two!"

27 Then the king gave his ruling: "Give the living baby to the first woman. Do not kill him; she is his mother."

28 When all Israel heard the verdict the king had given, they held the king in awe, because they saw that he had wisdom from God to administer justice.
If the story was even based on a single true event, records to follow the life of every person were not kept at the time. It seems to me you are faced with the same problem many of us face when they just didn't make a sequel to a darn good movie.

SG2009

No, we should not conclude a prostitute and son will always amount to nothing.

Rahab was a prostitute but became a true worshiper of God mentioned favorably in the Bible. Of course, she stopped being a prostitute. (James 2:25)

Many women have been forced into prostitution by wicked people. Others may have been abused as children. God is very concerned about all people. 1 Corinthians 6:9,10 clearly shows immoral people must change if they want to please God. These verses also show some can and do change.
"What! Do you not know that unrighteous persons will not inherit God’s kingdom? Do not be misled. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men kept for unnatural purposes, nor men who lie with men, nor thieves, nor greedy persons, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit God’s kingdom. And yet that is what some of you were. But you have been washed clean, but you have been sanctified, but you have been declared righteous in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ and with the spirit of our God."

I concurred with what you paraphrase above from book of Corinthian and james, but before we dismissed what the other preachers claimed, can we or can you research this claim furthermore. thanks.

SG2009

To save others some work:

If the story was even based on a single true event, records to follow the life of every person were not kept at the time. It seems to me you are faced with the same problem many of us face when they just didn't make a sequel to a darn good movie.

enchant, thanks for cutting and pasting this story here. I have no problem with people facing such predicament, however, I came acrossed gross generalization like this that are supported by stories from the bible, making it compellingly truthful in the absence of causation facts.