• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please try to disprove anything I believe.

A Vestigial Mote

Come on. All things material have a lifespan. Even the stars. Like i said, what makes the universe eternal?
Matter and energy in the universe cannot be created nor destroyed, only re-appropriated. Therefore, whatever matter is made of - it's here for good. Do you believe there will ever be a point in time where there is, literally, "nothing"? Do you believe all things will ultimately traverse their "life span"?

Kueid

Avant-garde
I do not believe there is evidence for a personal god.

What is that? You have to define something first to say anything about it. Show us your knowledge and define God!

I do not believe that faith is a reliable means of gaining information or insight.

Again, what do you think is faith?

I believe the universe is made solely of energy.

Energy? Is this some kind of supernatural entity or something? What is your thought on that word?

I believe the universe is eternal.

Universe you mean UNI (one, sole, unique) VERSE (vertices, turn, bend) like some metaphoric way to describe everything that is?

I believe that human morality is innate in most human beings.

And immorality? and amorality? Those are learned?

Gravity waves are difficult if not impossible to detect and still theoretical. Lets not get ahead of ourselves with pretending they are known quantities caused by comprehended laws of physics.

Ouch.

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
What is that? You have to define something first to say anything about it. Show us your knowledge and define God!

1) Please clam down.

2) I define a personal god as a deity that is not simply a part of nature.

Again, what do you think is faith?

Belief without evidence.

Energy? Is this some kind of supernatural entity or something? What is your thought on that word?

No, it is the same energy that we work with in the sciences.

Universe you mean UNI (one, sole, unique) VERSE (vertices, turn, bend) like some metaphoric way to describe everything that is?

No, I am using it as a word to describe all of existence.

And immorality? and amorality? Those are learned?

In most individuals.

Milton Platt

"Tomorrows_Child, post: 4630260, member: 58772"]I fail to understand why so many atheists on here claim to be "scientific" but don't seem to know the basics of what is happening right now.

The most recent theories in physics, as professed by such people as Prof. Kraus, indicate that the universe originated from an eternal, infinite pool of energy (the term energy is used rather than say...God) which is neither created nor destroyed and exists beyond our realm of time and space. The universe exists within our realm of time and space and although there is a lot of discourse on the issue of the universes span (finite or infinite), that discourse has moved ahead at a fast rate overt he last decade or so, with the idea that the universe being finite but the origins of the universe being infinite.

It can all be quite confusing because no one in the western scientific community feels like they are willing to put their finger on the truth which their own theories profess because if they did, well...[/QUOTE]

Tried to find an article with Krauss stating that the universe came from an eternal infinite pool of energy. Can you point me to the paper??? I am aware of his hypothesis that the universe can indeed come from nothing, but even he says that is every tentative and may turn out to be wrong. Why does energy equal god (and which god). Krauss has quantum physics to fall back on at least...what do you have?