• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please explain your avatar

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
A few here have mentioned the reason behind their avatar of choice, but I'm curious about many others. Please explain why you have chosen your particular avatar and how it represents you.

Mine, a cosmic spiral, represents my belief in life, death, and rebirth as our spiritual journey circles around and around, yet still progesses forward.

RestlessSoul

Mine is an artists impression of a Schwarzchild Precession, which among other things, describes the anomalous orbit of Mercury in the solar system. I was struck by how it resembles an image of a lotus, a symbol used to represent spiritual awakening. I’m interested in cosmic coincidences, and in Johannes Kepler’s concept of Sacred Geometry (the Greek Logos, in geometric form).

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Copied from the Your avatar. thread

Mine is very meaningful to me, to cut a long story short.

I was helping out as a grunt on an archaeological dig (a hobby of mine). Clearing away spoil in a cave i unearthed a smooth area. Unsure if it was just a rock or something more interesting i called over the supervisor. He painstakingly unearthed one of the best preserved cro-magnon skulls ever found.

Today you can see it on display at the Nation Museum of Prehistory at Les Eyzies.

It's dated to 22,000 years old so besides the cachet of discovering it, it is handy when in "discussion" with YECs.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
The owl is my patron animal. I have always had a fascination with them, and it would appear they also have a fascination with me. I've caught a few eyeballing me in my life, including this one watching me through my kitchen window...

390431_300825759950920_1797204395_n.jpg

The owl is also considered to be a symbol of mystery and wisdom. It is a vahana of Lakshmi and is a symbol of wealth and prosperity.

The willowy texture of the image suits the Salix (Latin for willow) portion of my name, my eyes are blue, and its body would also bear a likeliness to my beard.

The ॐ on my forehead is said to be the cosmic sound of Brahman and represents the four states of consciousness along with Maya.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The owl is my patron animal. I have always had a fascination with them, and it would appear they also have a fascination with me. I've caught a few eyeballing me in my life, including this one watching me through my kitchen window...

390431_300825759950920_1797204395_n.jpg

The owl is also considered to be a symbol of mystery and wisdom. It is a vahana of Lakshmi and is a symbol of wealth and prosperity.

The willowy texture of the image suits the Salix (Latin for willow) portion of my name, my eyes are blue, and its body would also bear a likeliness to my beard.

The ॐ on my forehead is said to be the cosmic sound of Brahman and represents the four states of consciousness along with Maya.

Our owl is back (or a different one). Its been gone for a couple of months. I'm happy to say ive heard it close by for the last 4 mornings

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
This from a previous post too:

My avatar is an homage to our past (being a very distant cousin) and to life in general that seems to be under threat by our almost reckless behaviour. One Earth, shared by all but we are the ones apparently left in charge to do as we will - ruin it or allow it to flourish. That is why the little monkey has his/her mouth open - in shock at our rude behaviour. But s/he also reflects my rude behaviour. :p

Last edited:

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I had to change the one I'd had for years because of the forum update. The old one was better.

New one got chosen to accommodate the circular format of the forum update and the "religion" field no longer being obvious. It's a blatantly Druidic symbol that anyone who knows anything about Druidry knows. With oak leaves for the three rays, because of course.

See also - Musings of a Tree Hugging Dirt Worshipper