• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pics of Your Religion!

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
haa771.jpg

Leftimies

Dwelling in the Principle
Itsukushima Island (厳島, also known as Miyajima Island, 宮島). Famous for its 'floating Torii' and 'floating Itsukushima Jinja', as well as the 'Tahōtō Pagoda':

dsc0219.jpg

miyajima+night+01.jpg

31759020.jpg

tahoto-sakura-big.jpg

tahoto-big.jpg

Last edited:

Ryujin

Dragon Worshipper
More Buddhist, Shugendō pictures incoming:

ae4dba1743cc6d441257ccf513a51ff5.jpg

I love everything about this photo. The girl, the monk, just everything! You sir, deserve frubals!

Also, keep em coming! You are one of the only three people on the forum who practice Japanese religions!

Leftimies

I love everything about this photo. The girl, the monk, just everything! You sir, deserve frubals!

Also, keep em coming! You are one of the only three people on the forum who practice Japanese religions!

Yeah, it does come pretty close to perfection. It is quite impactful in a deeper sense, while being amusing as well :D

Don't you worry. I love pictures. I love Japanese religion. More will come, I just try not to spam them and let others post in between XD

Last edited:

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Itsukushima Island (厳島, also known as Miyajima Island, 宮島). Famous for its 'floating Torii' and 'floating Itsukushima Jinja', as well as the 'Tahōtō Pagoda':

So disappointed that I never go to see this while I was in Japan. I planned a few trips there and they always fell through >_<. I did get to see Enoshima Island though, and that was amazing.

Great pics btw, all of them.

illykitty

RF's pet cat
More Buddhist, Shugend&#333; pictures incoming:

ae4dba1743cc6d441257ccf513a51ff5.jpg

All of your pics are amazing... Including this one, the guy isn't even flinching from his meditation...

One thing that does pop into my mind, is is she wearing anything? She looks like she's flashing to anyone that happens to be behind her.

Leftimies

I come bearing new pictures of the religion that is Shint&#333; (specifically Shinbutsu-shug&#333; in some cases).

ss-121231-newyear-01.ss_full.jpg

temizuya-narihira-san-tosen-ji-katsushika-big.jpg

shinto_priest_4076.jpg

DSC_1192.JPG

shinto.jpg

1955A7465023DD9313810D

Itsukushima-Shrine.jpg

DSC_0032-1024x685.jpg

illykitty

RF's pet cat
I do love Guanyin too, I thought of having an image of her for my future altar.

I still have to decide what to do but I'm starting to have some ideas flow in. :D

s2a

Heretic and part-time (skinny) Santa impersonator
I come bearing new pictures of the religion that is Shint&#333; (specifically Shinbutsu-shug&#333; in some cases).

ss-121231-newyear-01.ss_full.jpg

temizuya-narihira-san-tosen-ji-katsushika-big.jpg

shinto_priest_4076.jpg

DSC_1192.JPG

shinto.jpg

1955A7465023DD9313810D

Itsukushima-Shrine.jpg

DSC_0032-1024x685.jpg

I am no adherent of Shinto, but your offered pics remind me of my days of youth spent in Japan. I was much too young to either appreciate or even care about religion then, but I knew many that did, and all were most kind and generous to me.

Very nice, thank you.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Surveying the ruins of Whitby Abbey in Yorkshire, England, with one of my granddaughters.
WhitbyAbbey-Maddieandme.jpg

Beautiful cathedral windows - no filter, no touchups (my daughter took this photo):
churchwindows.jpg