• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Outcry over appalling death sentence of Yemeni Baha’i

danieldemol

Premium Member
SANA’A, Yemen — Over 100 known activists, lawyers, and leaders of thought have raised their voices over the past week in protest of the ordered death sentence of Yemeni Baha’i Hamed bin Haydara, unjustly imprisoned four years ago for his religious beliefs.

Mr. Haydara was sentenced to public execution by the Specialized Criminal Court in Sana’a on 2 January. The local judge also called for the dissolution of all elected Baha’i institutions, placing the entire Baha’i community in imminent danger.

Read more here;
Outcry over appalling death sentence of Yemeni Baha’i | Bahá’í World News Service (BWNS)

danieldemol

Premium Member
‘Yemen's Houthis release Bahai leader sentenced to death over apostasy
Rebel movement releases six men, including leader of religious minority in Yemen, who was sentenced to death on charges related to apostasy and spying for Israel

Hamed bin Haydara, now released, was arrested in 2013 and sentenced to death by Houthi court (MEE/Bahai International Community)

Six prominent members of the Bahai community in Yemen, including their leader in the war-ravaged country, have been released from a Houthi prison in Sanaa, an international group representing the minority announced.’

Read more here: Yemen's Houthis release Bahai leader sentenced to death over apostasy