• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Orangutan makes medicine

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Me favorite great ape.
68a0170bdcd68932f31670b500d31707.jpg

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
They are among the world's smartest primates even superseding chimps.

I think one of the most amazing things I saw was a documentary filming an orangutan who employed a tool and used it to cross a river with a fairly strong current.

I have a gut feeling that they're next in line to someday be recognized as true sapiens matching the level as humans.

All they need is speech and a language that can be used to communicate.

Bear Wild

Sorry i didn't see your thread so posted the same topic in the science debates. This is an amazing find. The reasoning and discovery involved is very impressive. This blurs the difference between humans and our primate cousins again. We unfortunately do not have the observations to have witnessed the process but given the plant used there is a good chance the orangutan was aware it had beneficial properties. This gives an insight on how humans discovered healing properties of plants.