• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oldest white race

King Phenomenon

Hmm. I didn’t realize there was so much strife and racial problems regarding this topic. That’s sad. No one seems to really know the truth. Does anyone here have any ideas? Some people think it’s Armenians, others think it might be Jewish people or others. Not that I particularly care but it is interesting to think about.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Hmm. I didn’t realize there was so much strife and racial problems regarding this topic. That’s sad. No one seems to really know the truth. Does anyone here have any ideas? Some people think it’s Armenians, others think it might be Jewish people or others. Not that I particularly care but it is interesting to think about.

Understanding the history of physical adaptations of groups of Homo sapiens is very facinating, it is just stigmatized by the horrific actions and ideals of white supremacists.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
One of my hobbies is the early modern human (Cro Magnon) period from 40,000 to 10,000bc. These humans were originally dark skinned but became lighter over the millenia living in Europe.

Whether they became what is now considered white, i do not know but it seems to me they started the process by moving to and inhabiting Europe

King Phenomenon

One of my hobbies is the early modern human (Cro Magnon) period from 40,000 to 10,000bc. These humans were originally dark skinned but became lighter over the millenia living in Europe.

Whether they became what is now considered white, i do not know but it seems to me they started the process by moving to and inhabiting Europe
It’s interesting to think about the breeding practices of these first peoples of Europe and peoples of Middle East etc. Like which neighboring clans or immigrating hoards etc.

ChristineM

Premium Member
It’s interesting to think about the breeding practices of these first peoples of Europe and peoples of Middle East etc. Like which neighboring clans or immigrating hoards ets

Hmmm, i started writing something along the lines of @Guitar's Cry post but got distracted by household stuff. So...

I find the Homo neanderthalensis and Homo sapiens breeding facinating and oddly...alluring. ;)

"Hey there, sexy! Check out my atlatl."

^^^ THIS ^^^

Almost all of us have a percentage of Neanderthal DNA

King Phenomenon

Like for instance what made the Jewish people more or less look like they do? Was it breeding amongst fair skinned Arabs? Arabs with Europeans? Blacks with oriental? I know it’s more than just one of these as it happened over lengthy periods but there is an answer. Interesting. I wonder if there is a consensus among top anthropologists. It seems like we could put two and two together. We’re pretty smart. We have eyes. Plus artifacts etc.

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Probably northern and central Europe, which used to be heavily wooded, whereas lighter skin allows more sun in to help with the production of vitamin D that relates strongly to health.

King Phenomenon

Probably northern and central Europe, which used to be heavily wooded, whereas lighter skin allows more sun in to help with the production of vitamin D that relates strongly to health.
I’m not so sure the sun is as a huge factor as some make it.

Little Dragon

"When it comes to skin color, the team found a patchwork of evolution in different places, and three separate genes that produce light skin, telling a complex story for how European's skin evolved to be much lighter during the past 8000 years. The modern humans who came out of Africa to originally settle Europe about 40,000 years are presumed to have had dark skin, which is advantageous in sunny latitudes. And the new data confirm that about 8500 years ago, early hunter-gatherers in Spain, Luxembourg, and Hungary also had darker skin: They lacked versions of two genes—SLC24A5 and SLC45A2—that lead to depigmentation and, therefore, pale skin in Europeans today.
But in the far north—where low light levels would favor pale skin—the team found a different picture in hunter-gatherers: Seven people from the 7700-year-old Motala archaeological site in southern Sweden had both light skin gene variants, SLC24A5 and SLC45A2. They also had a third gene, HERC2/OCA2, which causes blue eyes and may also contribute to light skin and blond hair. Thus ancient hunter-gatherers of the far north were already pale and blue-eyed, but those of central and southern Europe had darker skin."

ChristineM

Premium Member
"When it comes to skin color, the team found a patchwork of evolution in different places, and three separate genes that produce light skin, telling a complex story for how European's skin evolved to be much lighter during the past 8000 years. The modern humans who came out of Africa to originally settle Europe about 40,000 years are presumed to have had dark skin, which is advantageous in sunny latitudes. And the new data confirm that about 8500 years ago, early hunter-gatherers in Spain, Luxembourg, and Hungary also had darker skin: They lacked versions of two genes—SLC24A5 and SLC45A2—that lead to depigmentation and, therefore, pale skin in Europeans today.
But in the far north—where low light levels would favor pale skin—the team found a different picture in hunter-gatherers: Seven people from the 7700-year-old Motala archaeological site in southern Sweden had both light skin gene variants, SLC24A5 and SLC45A2. They also had a third gene, HERC2/OCA2, which causes blue eyes and may also contribute to light skin and blond hair. Thus ancient hunter-gatherers of the far north were already pale and blue-eyed, but those of central and southern Europe had darker skin."

The HERC2/OCA2 originated on the black sea coast in what is now Turkey sometime between 6000 and 10000 bc