• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Not affiliated

idea

Question Everything
Is there a dir for the non-affiliated? For those against labels, who avoid tribalism, who seek individuality, self-reliance, who define their own beliefs? For the independent, self-reliant who prioritize their own thoughts and beliefs over conforming to the views and opinions of any tribe or community. For those not swayed by peer pressure or the desire for social acceptance who instead rely on their own critical thinking skills and judgment to form their opinions. For the introspective and autonomous, who make decisions based on their own analysis and evaluation of information rather than simply following the crowd. For those not afraid to challenge the status quo or question authority, for the rebellious non-conformists?

Are there others here who are happy with non-affiliated? Who are not seeking any group?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
A DIR for the GDI's? Sounds like a great idea.

We're all individuals.

1679234478356.png

idea

Question Everything
A DIR for the GDI's? Sounds like a great idea.

We're all individuals.

View attachment 73517
Blessed are the cheese makers!

1. And lo, as the crowds gathered around the teacher, he began to speak.
2. Verily, I say unto thee, blessed are the cheese makers, for they bring forth the gifts of the land and the labor of their hands.
3. From the milk of the cows and the goats, they craft the curds that delight the palate and nourish the body. They mix in the herbs and spices of the field, creating new flavors that surprise and delight.
4. Let not the cheesemakers be overlooked or undervalued, for they are the keepers of a sacred craft. They have mastered the art of fermentation and transformation, turning simple milk into a food that sustains and satisfies.
5. And let us not forget the bakers who take the cheese and make it into savory pies and rich quiches, for they too are part of the divine plan.
5. So let us honor the cheese makers, and all who work with their hands to bring forth the bounty of the earth. May their labors be blessed, and their cheeses be plentiful. Amen.

And the people marveled at Brian's words, for they had never heard such praise for the humble cheese maker. Some even whispered that this teacher must be a prophet or a madman, but others nodded in agreement, for they knew the truth of his words. And so they went forth, sharing his teachings and giving thanks for the cheese makers who enriched their lives.

idea

Question Everything
Let us strive to build a healthy, diverse, and inclusive dir, where each individual is valued and respected, and where all voices can be heard.

May we embrace our differences and celebrate our shared humanity, and may we always remember that true strength comes not from conformity, but from diversity.

A dir filled with creativity and innovation.

A dir to help all find their own path, to discover their own truth, and to walk their own way.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Is there a dir for the non-affiliated? For those against labels, who avoid tribalism, who seek individuality, self-reliance, who define their own beliefs? For the independent, self-reliant who prioritize their own thoughts and beliefs over conforming to the views and opinions of any tribe or community. For those not swayed by peer pressure or the desire for social acceptance who instead rely on their own critical thinking skills and judgment to form their opinions. For the introspective and autonomous, who make decisions based on their own analysis and evaluation of information rather than simply following the crowd. For those not afraid to challenge the status quo or question authority, for the rebellious non-conformists?

Two DIRs seem to me to fit that bill:

- Seekers
- Atheism

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
That is a better answer than I was considering.
People who claim to make decisions based 'on their own analysis and evaluation of information rather than simply following the crowd' make me think 'flat-earthers', to be honest.

Yeah, in my words try to be both a seeker and a skeptic and please don't do special pleading even for a culture and not just individually,

idea

Question Everything
Two DIRs seem to me to fit that bill:

- Seekers
- Atheism

I'm not seeking to join a group, and I am not an athiest.

A common misperception - thinking the non-affiliated want to become groupies. The point, we reject group-think, reject tribalism, reject being in any group - embrace individualism.

I might be the only individual here though haha, only makes sense to create a dir if there are a few non-affiliated, not seeking, happy to not be in any group people here :)

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I'm not seeking to join a group, and I am not an athiest.
Fair enough.

A common misperception - thinking the non-affiliated want to become groupies. The point, we reject group-think, reject tribalism, reject being in any group - embrace individualism.

I might be the only individual here though haha, only makes sense to create a dir if there are a few non-affiliated, not seeking, happy to not be in any group people here :)
To be fair, you came in here asking for a group for people who aren't into groups, so I take it with a bit of a grain of salt when you say that you're happy not to be in any group.

... but you're posting in this DIR, so it seems like you think this one applies to you, right?

idea

Question Everything
Fair enough.

To be fair, you came in here asking for a group for people who aren't into groups, so I take it with a bit of a grain of salt when you say that you're happy not to be in any group.

... but you're posting in this DIR, so it seems like you think this one applies to you, right?

Not religious applies (sbna, spiritual but not religious

It's like talking with others who are politically independent - moderates- who do not want to group themselves left or right, but still enjoy talking politics.

I'm not anti-social (or at least I try not to be), I just don't like dogmas, labels, or titles. I would enjoy finding other non-affiliated nomads who are happy to be independent