• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Neo-Catharism?

jaybird

The Cathars believed that the god of the Hebrew bible was NOT the Most High. They believed that the god of the Hebrew bible was Satan himself. If you read more about the Cathars, you would come into same conclusion. It's insignificant what your Bible tells. The Bible is just a collection of books redacted by the Catholics, the enemies of the Good Christians. The Bible was already completely redacted in the days of Marcion.

so are you saying the cathars worshiped satan or the new testament we have today is wrong?

do you have any cathar links? i can never find any good sources to read about them.

so are you saying the cathars worshiped satan or the new testament we have today is wrong?

do you have any cathar links? i can never find any good sources to read about them.

Cathars didn't worship Satan. They worshiped the Good God, who was not the creator of this evil material world.
I think that the best way to explain the contradictory material of the New Testament is to regard some passages coming from the teachings of Jesus and some passages coming from the Catholic redactors. I think that for example the book of Acts is a complete forgery.

I like this website: Cathars and Cathar Beliefs in the Languedoc