• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Narrates: Progeny of Parents who loved Allah: Muhammad Zafrulla Khan and Abdus Salam

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Peace be on you. Honorable Muhammad Zafrulla Khan mentioned two incidences in his book about his beloved mother, which shows her mother’s rock solid trust in Allah the Exalted…..Following is the free-gist of narrates:

WHEN the first baby boy was few months old, my mother went to her village. There lived a woman, people used to call her a witch and she too would take advantage of it. She came to see my mother and demanded some clothes and help so that some evil spirit should stay away from the baby…..The mother said: If you want some help as charity, she will be glad to offer but she does not believe in evil spirits. Only Allah the Exalted is the Master of life and death, no one else shares it with Him. You are asking me to make associate with Allah and I cannot do it…….The so-called witch woman said: Fine, but think once again, if you need the life of child, you will have to do as I said.

Some days latter, when mother was giving bath to little baby, the woman came again and pointed to the baby and said: So this is the little prince!...The mother said: Yes it is…..The woman repeated her demands and the mother replied her the same…..Then the woman said: If you took the baby alive back home, then consider me as liar….Mother said: What Allah would like, would happen…..It so happened that the woman had not yet crossed the threshold of the house, the baby vomited diarrheic blood and died within hours….The Mother prayed to Allah: You gave me the son and You have taken him back, I am pleased at Your Will, grant me the patience….She returned to her village without child in her lap.

Then the second baby boy was born. When he was two years old, she was to visit her village again. Considering the previous event, there was an air of resentment; she was allowed to go for ten days only. She took the boy with her…… The so-called witch woman came again and repeated her demands on the name of evil spirits. The mother answered the same that there is no associate of Allah, all powers belong to Him alone. Some relative said to mother to fulfill the demands of woman as she asked. The mother said: It is not matter of some money. Should I believe that the life of my child is in her hands? Thinking so would be blatant Shirk [making partner with One God]. If Allah wishes, my child will remain alive. If He wishes not so then no one can keep him alive. I will not put my faith in doubt.

After some days, in a dream, The Honorable Mother saw another mother of the village, who was complaining that the so-called-witch woman had eaten the liver of her baby and no one took action against her….. Honorable Mother replied her, in the dream, that life and death are in the Hands of Allah only….. During the dream, The Honorable Mother saw the so-called-witch woman who threatened her that this time too, she would not be able to take baby alive from the village too….It so came to pass that during the same night, this second baby too vomited the diarrheic blood and became semi dead. The Mother immediately started to travel back to her house, away from her village. During the travel she prayed to Allah that if He wants to call the baby back, her Will will be same as Allah’s Will but please grant ten more days so that the baby’s grandfather could see him happy [as their was hesitation whether she should take the boy with her.] Then I shall be patient…..She was absorbed in her supplications, suddenly the semi-dead baby pulled her head cover and called with a healthy voice: “Baybay [Mother!]”. She understood her prayer was answered, she thanked Allah…..They reached back to city. There was happiness in the air. She knew what was destined…..Exactly after ten days, the baby boy was playing and suddenly he vomited blood and returned to his Master within hours. The Mother’s lap was once again empty. But she accepted the Will of Allah and thanked Him for listening to her.

On February 6, 1893, the baby Muhammad Zafrulla khan was born. One night prior to his birth, The Mother saw the so-called-witch woman again in her dream who said that, for the safety of incoming boy, The Mother should make an aperture in his nostril, then place a hair of camel in that hole. And place a tiny lamp of wheat, edible oil and turmeric on the roof top of the house where the large crow sits…. The Mother told about dream in house.

The baby [Muhammad Zafrulla Khan] was born….. Soon some people in house brought the precautionary-things as told in the dream. The Mother once again stood firm and said: These doing these things is like making partner with Allah. If Allah wills, my child will remain alive. I will not loose my faith……Thus camel hair and lamp were thrown away.

The so-called witch woman lived quite long in misery and one day she burnt her bed.

In latter years, The Mother repeatedly saw some dreams about the truth of Promised Messiah (on whom be peace). Along with some other women she entered into Bai'at in September 1904 when he (a.s.) visited Sialkot. Soon, in next few days, her husband entered into Bait too.

Prior to Bai'at, once she saw the dream: Many guests are expected in her house. A room in the west side of her house is extremely illumined. An exalted pure man with illumined face is sitting…… As he feels someone has come in room, he wants to go out…..With passions of unique happiness, she asks his name so that she may tell other people. He said: If any one ask you who has met you, tell them Ahmad has met me.

Her and family’s faith grew day by day…..She expired in 1938, during the time of second Ahmadiyya Muslim Khalifah (may Allah be pleased with him and all companions of Promised Messiah). All family members were beloved and humble servants of Islam through the ardent devotee of Holy Prophet (s.a.w.), Promised Messiah (a.s.) and his Khilafat.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Honorable Muhammad Zafrulla Khan mentions in his memoirs “Tahdees e Na’mat” i.e. ‘mention of blessing’ about one of her dream that came true in 1970. She had seen in 1934 : Outside the window of her room, a lovely light ball moves from one end to the other end of the window. When it reaches the middle of the window a majestic voice said, “Will be Chief Justice, Zafrulla Khan, son of Nasrulla Khan.” After a little pause, these words were repeated.

The dream came true when, in 1970, Honorable Muhammad Zafrulla Khan was elected as the President of International Court of Justice. He was first Asian and first Muslim for the chair….It was unexpected but the galdtiding to his mother started with words, “Will be”….and also the father’s name “Nasrulla Khan” i.e Help of Allah” was mentioned in dream.

MORE about honourable: https://www.alislam.org/library/zafar.html/zafar1.html
CONTINUES

Last edited:

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
CONTINUES
Honorable Abdus Salam’s parents were also beloved and humble servants of Islam through the ardent devotee of Holy Prophet (s.a.w.), Promised Messiah (a.s.) and his Khilafat.

His pious father writes in his diary [Gist]: When I was a student in college and living in dormitory with other students [some time before March 1914], a person came at preaching tour and asked us to join his and his friends’ new organization against the one who had claimed to be The Promised Messiah. I said what if the claimant was correct? He insisted that the claimant was wrong. I said: No, we should seek guidance from Bestower God in this matter. I gave the argument that if we ask way to railway station from a common person he guides us, then how it is possible that if we seek guidance from The Most Gracious and The Most Bestower God, He will not guide. So I started to pray for forty days: “Guide us in the right path” [Holy Quran, ch 1 : v 6] standing, sitting and lying…. One day I saw in dream that an exalted pious man is sitting in our house. A known man named Allah Dad [which means Given by Allah] tells me that this is the Holy man you are looking for. I joined him in eating food. It was indicated that he is from Qadian ----- Latter, I went there. I was told that Hazrat Khalifah tul Messiah - The First [may Allah be pleased with him] was coming in his clinic. I went there. About thirty people were waiting for him. I found a place at the end. Soon, Hazrat Khalifah I arrived, he was being supported by two people. Graciously, he came straight to me and greeted me as if he already knows me. I recognized him too [from dream]. He asked me if I wanted to do Bai'at. I was speechless. Then he took my hand and said the words of Bai'at [He had said, if there was any un-agreeable word, I should withdraw my hand, I thought what could be better than that.] .. All present people and I repeated the words of Bai'at after him……Then on, I was opposed but my faith grew strong. Fanatics passed 82 fatwas against me…. We two brother were only Ahmadiyya Muslims in the whole town. We faced severe opposition but we showed patience.

He further writes:

"...I was offering sunnah of evening prayer [Salaat ul Maghrib] near the place of standing of Mo'azin [who call the aazan] in Masjid Ahmadiyya Jhang city and said the prayer :

"......... ‘Our Lord, grant us of our spouses and children the delight of our eyes, and make us a model for the righteous." [Holy Quran ch25: from v75]

At this, a boy was granted to me on behalf of Allah the Exalted, I saw him [boy] with my eyes and received him. I enquired about his name. I was told his name is Abdus Salam. I thanked Allah the Exalted.....On the day of 29 January 1926, blessed Friday, at the time of Jumua Salaat [Friday Prayer], dear Abdus Salam was born. "

He wrote all matter to Hazrat Khalifah tul Messiah, The Second [may Allah be pleased with him] and requested him to grant the name for baby boy. He replied that Allah has already granted the name….. Onward, throughout the life, the boy continued to grow under the guidance and prayers of Holy Khulafa…… He continued to create new records in educational career. Sometimes, scholarships were announced right at times as Divine help to his father and him.

At a place in the diary, the father writes a dream:
“One night I saw that there is lot of light behind a wall as if thousands of suns and moons are shinning. Light would have made me dazzled if wall was not there. I was told that it is light of Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him)…. I praised Allah many times and invoked salutation upon Holy Prophet (s.a.w.)….”

O Our Allah, bless Muhammad and people of Muhammad, as You did bless Ibrahim and the people of Ibrahim. You are indeed the Praiseworthy, the Glorious.
O Our Allah, prosper Muhammad and the people of Muhammad, as You did prosper Ibrahim and the people of Ibrahim. You are indeed the Praiseworthy, the Glorious.

MORE about honourable: https://www.alislam.org/library/salam.html

Last edited: