• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My Obscure Computer System

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I just discovered a retro computing forum
with a thread on my operating system
(for business, not the internet), BOS.
Any other users of an op sys that no one
else has ever heard of?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
One nice thing about BOS is that all
menus & system commands begin
with $. The dollar sign means nothing
to Limeys, so they used it as a prefix.

Heyo

Veteran Member
I just discovered a retro computing forum
with a thread on my operating system
(for business, not the internet), BOS.
Any other users of an op sys that no one
else has ever heard of?
Back in the stone age of computing I worked on a UniFLEX system. (Not the original version described in the link but the one for 680XX processors.) The main difference to a Unix V7 system was that UniFLEX was "real time" capable (guaranteed response time to interrupts).
We ended up writing our own OSes for target system anyway but we could at least test the programs on the mini.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Back in the stone age of computing I worked on a UniFLEX system. (Not the original version described in the link but the one for 680XX processors.) The main difference to a Unix V7 system was that UniFLEX was "real time" capable (guaranteed response time to interrupts).
We ended up writing our own OSes for target system anyway but we could at least test the programs on the mini.
Now that is really talking dirty!

libre

Skylark
I have touched z/os in a few circumstances professionally.
Hopefully won't have to be cracking those skills out again in the future, as mainframes become less and less relevant.