• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Musk to liberate Twitter!

Do you believe Elon Musk will improve Twitter?

• Yes

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • No

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • Unsure/Don't Care

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters

Suave

Simulated character
I expect a privately held Twitter owned by Elon Musk and associates to be more inclusive, even if this means allowing an orangutan ape-like bully to harass us progressive democratic minded Twitter users! :eek:
I suppose a Muskian Twitter will have an open algorithm as well as user friendly limited editing capabilities. Furthermore, I trust Elon Musk will live up to his promise of authenticating user accounts being controlled by humans instead of spam-bots.
I am also confident Twitter will reduce censoring of content. This might very well be a fun exercise for freedom of speech! Are you as optimistic as I am about Twitter being liberated by Elon Musk?

Last edited:

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I suspect the changes will be much less dramatic than advertised. It might end up being a little better, maybe a little worse. But when everything settles down there won’t be that much difference.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
No, I don't believe Musk's aim is to "liberate" Twitter. In general, he has demonstrated that he doesn't uphold free speech when he doesn't like its results:

Elon Musk ruthlessly cleaned house of any Tesla workers who disagreed or got in his way, a new book says

Elon Musk calls British diver in Thai cave rescue 'pedo' in baseless attack

This story is also reported both in conservative- and liberal-leaning sources:

Tesla fired an employee after he posted driverless tech reviews on YouTube

Tesla employee fired after driverless tech YouTube reviews

I don't use Twitter and believe it has always been toxic, so I don't care much about this news. I only hope that the acquisition doesn't allow one individual to exert disproportionate or harmful influence on social and political discourse through his wealth. This specific situation wouldn't be the first instance of such even if that happened, though.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I expect Twitter to degenerate to the point I quite looking at it entirely not that I spend much time there currently.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm skeptical of it, but we'll see what happens. I'm not comfortable with one person owning it and making it private, especially one of such wealth.

Same here, and I'd feel similarly even if his politics completely aligned with mine. That much concentration of influence and power in the hands of few individuals is the road to hell for any society.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I suspect the changes will be much less dramatic than advertised. It might end up being a little better, maybe a little worse. But when everything settles down there won’t be that much difference.
I worry that there won't be any changes at all, since this would suggest to me that he was after data for harvesting instead of mixing things up.

Suave

Simulated character
I worry that there won't be any changes at all, since this would suggest to me that he was after data for harvesting instead of mixing things up.
Maybe Elon Musk will spot my profile persuading him to sign me up to be among the earliest crew travelling to Mars, If we could just be so lucky! :)

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Maybe Elon Musk will spot my profile persuading him to sign me up to be among the earliest crew travelling to Mars, If we could just be so lucky! :)
More likely: he sells your info to a third party to target you with new and exciting forms of spam.

Suave

Simulated character
Senpai won't notice you, even if you beg. He only has eyes for money.

What I lack in wealth, maybe I can make up for in poetry and song for charming Musk.

"All I've got is this moment, 21st Century's yesterday, You can tweet me your wants, anybody's fuss, yeah that's okay. So tweet me from there, and give me a moment. Your tweets read in awe. I've got to let you know, I've got to let you know, You're one of my kind. I'll tweet you tonight, cause I'm not sleeping, There's something about you tweeter, that makes me sweat! How do you feel? I'm loney. What do you think? Can take me all! Watcha gonna do? Gonna lead my life!

Hallucinate, desegregate, mediate, alleviate
Try not to hate Love your mate
Don't suffocate on your own hate
Designate your love as fate
A one world state as human freight
The number eight, a white black state
A gentle trait, broken crate
A heavy weight or just too late
Like pretty Kate has sex ornate
Don't devastate, appreciate
Depreciate, fabricate
Emulate, the truth dilate
Special date, the animal you ate
Guilt debate, the edge serrate
A better rate, the youth irate
Deliberate, fascinate
Deviate, reinstate
Liberate to moderate
Recreate or detonate
Annihiliate atomic fate
Mediate, clear the slate
Activate, now radiate
A perfect state, food on plate
Gravitate the Earth's own weight
At 98 we all rotate
Try not to hate, love your mate
A gentle trait, the broken crate
Now devastate, appreciate
Depreciate, fabricate
Special date, the animals you ate
Deliberate, fascinate
Deviate, reinstate
Liberate, liberate
Liberate, liberate"

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
What I lack in wealth, maybe I can make up for in poetry and song for charming Musk.

"All I've got is this moment, 21st Century's yesterday, You can tweet me your wants, anybody's fuss, yeah that's okay. So tweet me from there, and give me a moment. Your tweets read in awe. I've got to let you know, I've got to let you know, You're one of my kind. I'll tweet you tonight, cause I'm not sleeping, There's something about you tweeter, that makes me sweat! How do you feel? I'm loney. What do you think? Can take me all! Watcha gonna do? Gonna lead my life!

Try not to hate Love your mate
A gentle trait, broken crate
Don't devastate, appreciate
Depreciate, fabricate
Special date, the animal you ate
Deliberate, fascinate
Deviate, reinstate
Liberate to moderate
Recreate or detonate
Annihiliate atomic fate
Mediate, clear the slate
Activate, now radiate
A perfect state, food on plate
Gravitate the Earth's own weight
At 98 we all rotate
Try not to hate, love your mate
A gentle trait, the broken crate
Now devastate, appreciate
Depreciate, fabricate
Special date, the animals you ate
Deliberate, fascinate
Deviate, reinstate
Liberate, liberate
Liberate, liberate"

I find this song more relevant here. I also just love the movie, so I'm a bit biased. :D

There are despots and dictators, political manipulators
There are blue bloods with the intellects of fleas
There are kings and petty tyrants, who are so lacking in refinements
They'd be better suited swinging from the trees

He was born and raised to rule
No one has ever been this cool
In a thousand years of aristocracy
An enigma and a mystery, in Mesoamerican history
The quintessence of perfection, that is he!

He's the sovereign lord of the nation
He's the hippest dude in creation
He's a hip cat in the emperor's new clothes
Years of such selective breeding, generations have been leading
To this miracle of life that we all know

What's his name?
Kuzco, Kuzco (That's his name!)
Kuzco (He's the king of the world)
Kuzco, Kuzco (Is he hip or what?!)
Kuzco-oh-oh-oh (Yeah)

He's the sovereign lord of the nation
He's the hippest cat in creation
He's the alpha, the omega, A to Z
And this perfect world will spin, around his every little whim
'Cause this perfect world begins and ends with...

What's his name?
Kuzco, Kuzco (That's his name!)
Kuzco, Kuzco (Is he hip or what?)
Kuzco (Don't you know he's the king of the world?)
Kuzco-oh-oh-oh (Yeah)

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I expect a privately held Twitter owned by Elon Musk and associates to be more inclusive, even if this means allowing an orangutan ape-like bully to harass us progressive democratic minded Twitter users! :eek:
I suppose a Muskian Twitter will have an open algorithm as well as user friendly limited editing capabilities. Furthermore, I trust Elon Musk will live up to his promise of authenticating user accounts being controlled by humans instead of spam-bots.
I am also confident Twitter will reduce censoring of content. This might very well be a fun exercise for freedom of speech! Are you as optimistic as I am about Twitter being liberated by Elon Musk?

It really doesn't matter to me that much. I'm not really a Twitter user, although I did get an account to follow tweets from one of the local TV stations for news, weather bulletins - that sort of thing. But I'm not a fan of their interface, and I spend very little time with it. I've never sent out a tweet.

I don't have a Facebook account at all.

So I voted "Unsure/Don't Care." It doesn't really matter that much to me.

I'm not sure why some people seem to be in a panic over this. These things happen from time to time. Networks might get bought by someone else. TV/radio stations get bought and sold, along with newspapers and magazines, all of which might change under new ownership/management.

CNN is much different now than when it originally started under Ted Turner. And Disney...Walt Disney was good friends with Nixon and Reagan. Disney was a Republican through and through.

I suppose if people don't like a Musk-controlled Twitter, they can take their business elsewhere. I don't use or care much about these services, so I don't really follow them. But I never could understand why there only seems to be a few of them that actually survive. I remember "My Space," but that seems to have fallen by the wayside.