• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mohammad in the Bible...

MyM

It is interesting to find many things if one knows how to read and understand the Hebrew Text. Also, in the Greek text as well for many parts of the Bible are from translated Hebrew and Greek Texts.

Many are asked about if Mohammad pbuh is mentioned in the Bible and many say no. Here is a video explaining what I mean.

The name of Mohammad is translated to "Altogether lovely" in the Bible.

(Part 1)
(Part 2)

Altfish

Veteran Member
It is interesting to find many things if one knows how to read and understand the Hebrew Text. Also, in the Greek text as well for many parts of the Bible are from translated Hebrew and Greek Texts.

Many are asked about if Mohammad pbuh is mentioned in the Bible and many say no. Here is a video explaining what I mean.

(Part 1)
(Part 2)
Correct me if I've got this wrong but wasn't Mohammed born hundreds of years after the Bible was written?

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
I have heard this claim a number of times, so perhaps you might explain the logic to me: How can the Bible as Jews and Christians currently have both be corrupt and just happen to still preserve Muhammad's name. Is it a miracle?

MyM

I have heard this claim a number of times, so perhaps you might explain the logic to me: How can the Bible as Jews and Christians currently have both be corrupt and just happen to still preserve Muhammad's name. Is it a miracle?

In Islam, Allah says, they have changed the their books with their hands.

The Song of Solomon....mentions the name of Mohammad and the Bible translated it as "altogether lovely".

This is a question you should ask your translators. :)

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

(Part 1)
(Part 2)
sounds like another cult of personality. the problem isn't to elevate one person, angel, prophet, messenger. the message is for all ears that can hear.

the ideal is to raise the consciousness of everyone to that christ realized, not another messenger. the body is the temple and the Spirit is indwelling and not found else where. if they tell you here he is, or there he is, believe them not.

MyM

sounds like another cult of personality. the problem isn't to elevate one person, angel, prophet, messenger. the message is for all ears that can hear.

the ideal is to raise the consciousness of everyone to that christ realized, not another messenger. the body is the temple and the Spirit is indwelling and not found else where. if they tell you here he is, or there he is, believe them not.

you would think eh? Gotta give it to the translators for mistranslatin eh?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Salam

The four emphasized allusions to Mohammad (s) in the Torah:

(1) The prayer of Musa (a) regarding tongue knot relief to be a metaphor which will be relieved by "the one who you will send" and this in context of:
(2) The Ismail (a) covenant and Twelve Successors
(3) The like Moses (a) is that of a founder, not a successor nor one of the successors including end of series
(Conclusion) and so going with the Ismaili and the one who God will send to relieve knots of tongue, the case for Mohammad (s) is clear and name is unimportant.
(4) The exalted ones and best of creation that Adam (a) wanted to be of and of their power and position

In the Gospels

(1) The Prophet who Jesus says he is not.
(2) The exalted ones who were the word of God
(3) The comforter/praised one who is the spirit of truth and also one of the instance of the holy spirit.

As far as books between, the allusion is in Psalms:

(1) The promise of justice in end times
(2) A king from offspring of David (Jesus) will rule (keep in mind the above) with the Mahdi (a) since Mohammad (s) has been promised with twelve Successors.
(3) Mohammad (s) as the name as the Mahdi as well

This is according to my research. It's clear and non-complicated to me.

Some corrections Quran had to do:

(1) Aaron (a) is the true successor of Musa (a) and has equal status to Moses (a) as does the rest of Ahlulbayt (a) of Musa (a) and Haroun (a)
(2) Sarah (a) is the true mother of Ismail (a) and no such thing as slavery every being allowed by God
(3) All God's chosen are immune from becoming evil including Sulaiman (a).
(4) The successors and Captains and branches of Musa were Twelve
(5) The believers awaiting Musa (a) were offspring of those carried with Nuh (a), and bani-Israel is a metaphor, no such thing as twelve tribes and all from Jacob
(6) The closest and being "from" Ibrahim (spiritual offspring), meant to be from the Imam of time, like believers who didn't drink from river were from Talut (a) and that way you would be born of Abraham (a) since his creed is the same.
(7) Holy spirit is position of God's chosen humans in the unseen realm and their connecting God's image and name reality in the unseen realm, and is a light by which God guides who he pleases from his creation.

These seven facts are needed and when kept in mind Mohammad (s) becomes clear in the Bible.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
my name comes directly from the bible too. many people's do.

look up jewish names, christian names. many names literally come from the bible.

joshua
jacob
joel
thomas
jesus
abraham
isaac
absalom

et al

rosends

OK, let me try to break this down for you. I am assuming that you are making reference to Song of Songs 5:16. That text reads, "חִכּוֹ֙ מַֽמְתַקִּ֔ים וְכֻלּ֖וֹ מַחֲמַדִּ֑ים" khiko mamtakim, vkhulo makhamadim. This means "his mouth is sweet and he is completely delightful." You can choose to understand the phrases any way you want but the operative word is "makhamadim." It is a Hebrew word. Here is the etymology, from the 3 letter root kh-m-d
Aram. חֲמַד (= he desired), Ugar. ḥmd (= to be pleasant), Arab. ḥamida (= he praised)

Is this a word upon which the name Muhamed is based? Probably -- lots of names come from biblical words. The name "Baruch" (bless) is a biblical word. The name Simcha (joy) is a biblical word. Why does the existence of a word which lends itself to a name mean that the text is referencing a specific person who has that name? My name is found explicitly in the biblical text so is the text talking about me?

Makes no sense as a conclusion to draw.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
In Islam, Allah says, they have changed the their books with their hands.

The Song of Solomon....mentions the name of Mohammad and the Bible translated it as "altogether lovely".

This is a question you should ask your translators. :)
What translators? I myself only use the Hebrew. If I must quote something for someone who doesn't know Hebrew, I might bring a translation. So who should I ask?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
OK, let me try to break this down for you. I am assuming that you are making reference to Song of Songs 5:16. That text reads, "חִכּוֹ֙ מַֽמְתַקִּ֔ים וְכֻלּ֖וֹ מַחֲמַדִּ֑ים" khiko mamtakim, vkhulo makhamadim. This means "his mouth is sweet and he is completely delightful." You can choose to understand the phrases any way you want but the operative word is "makhamadim." It is a Hebrew word. Here is the etymology, from the 3 letter root kh-m-d
Aram. חֲמַד (= he desired), Ugar. ḥmd (= to be pleasant), Arab. ḥamida (= he praised)

Is this a word upon which the name Muhamed is based? Probably -- lots of names come from biblical words. The name "Baruch" (bless) is a biblical word. The name Simcha (joy) is a biblical word. Why does the existence of a word which lends itself to a name mean that the text is referencing a specific person who has that name? My name is found explicitly in the biblical text so is the text talking about me?

Makes no sense as a conclusion to draw.

I think if you keep in mind what I wrote, it can be added as circumstantial evidence (since it's possible to translate it "And is the completely praised one"). If you keep in mind "The one who you will send" by Moses (a) and that in context of Ismail (a) and Twelve Princes (a) and one like Moses (a), and Moses (a) being an initiator followed by successors (a) and keep in mind Aaron (a) is the True Successor etc, then this can be making a corrective case and added in a cumulative case.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member

It's not mistranslating Hebrew words work more like three related words that are interconnected (and that way the word is more complete but needs context), so what they translated is a possible translation.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Salam

The four emphasized allusions to Mohammad (s) in the Torah:

(1) The prayer of Musa (a) regarding tongue knot relief to be a metaphor which will be relieved by "the one who you will send" and this in context of:
(2) The Ismail (a) covenant and Twelve Successors
(3) The like Moses (a) is that of a founder, not a successor nor one of the successors including end of series
(Conclusion) and so going with the Ismaili and the one who God will send to relieve knots of tongue, the case for Mohammad (s) is clear and name is unimportant.
(4) The exalted ones and best of creation that Adam (a) wanted to be of and of their power and position

In the Gospels

(1) The Prophet who Jesus says he is not.
(2) The exalted ones who were the word of God
(3) The comforter/praised one who is the spirit of truth and also one of the instance of the holy spirit.

As far as books between, the allusion is in Psalms:

(1) The promise of justice in end times
(2) A king from offspring of David (Jesus) will rule (keep in mind the above) with the Mahdi (a) since Mohammad (s) has been promised with twelve Successors.
(3) Mohammad (s) as the name as the Mahdi as well

This is according to my research. It's clear and non-complicated to me.

Some corrections Quran had to do:

(1) Aaron (a) is the true successor of Musa (a) and has equal status to Moses (a) as does the rest of Ahlulbayt (a) of Musa (a) and Haroun (a)
(2) Sarah (a) is the true mother of Ismail (a) and no such thing as slavery every being allowed by God
(3) All God's chosen are immune from becoming evil including Sulaiman (a).
(4) The successors and Captains and branches of Musa were Twelve
(5) The believers awaiting Musa (a) were offspring of those carried with Nuh (a), and bani-Israel is a metaphor, no such thing as twelve tribes and all from Jacob
(6) The closest and being "from" Ibrahim (spiritual offspring), meant to be from the Imam of time, like believers who didn't drink from river were from Talut (a) and that way you would be born of Abraham (a) since his creed is the same.
(7) Holy spirit is position of God's chosen humans in the unseen realm and their connecting God's image and name reality in the unseen realm, and is a light by which God guides who he pleases from his creation.

These seven facts are needed and when kept in mind Mohammad (s) becomes clear in the Bible.
It is frightening how many times the word 'Mohammad' isn't mentioned in that post. and when it is, it is just an interpretation of Biblical text.

Look, I think the Bible is bunkum too but this is desperate.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It is frightening how many times the word 'Mohammad' isn't mentioned in that post. and when it is, it is just an interpretation of Biblical text.

The name doesn't have to be mentioned for Mohammad (s) to be clearly in there. I've already explained how he is.

rosends

I think if you keep in mind what I wrote, it can be added as circumstantial evidence (since it's possible to translate it "And is the completely praised one"). If you keep in mind "The one who you will send" by Moses (a) and that in context of Ismail (a) and Twelve Princes (a) and one like Moses (a), and Moses (a) being an initiator followed by successors (a) and keep in mind Aaron (a) is the True Successor etc, then this can be making a corrective and added in a cumulative case.
So all you are doing is working backwards and assuming that the text's references must refer to the person you need to find even though the person is not named. You then interpret everything else to confirm the conclusion you started with. That's completely unpersuasive to someone who doesn't start with the same a priori need to prove.

The name isn't there - a word is that might be etymologically related to the name. The rest is wishful thinking on your part in order to validate the theology you start with.

But start from a different place and you can see the exact same "proofs" as saying something completely different.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So all you are doing is working backwards and assuming that the text's references must refer to the person you need to find even though the person is not named. You then interpret everything else to confirm the conclusion you started with. That's completely unpersuasive to someone who doesn't start with the same a priori need to prove.

The name isn't there - a word is that might be etymologically related to the name. The rest is wishful thinking on your part in order to validate the theology you start with.

But start from a different place and you can see the exact same "proofs" as saying something completely different.

I'm not saying it's clear to everyone, as you know, most of humanity doesn't even see the Imams and Successors of Mohammad (s) in Quran. So people not seeing Mohammad (s) and playing mental gymnastics is always a reality, every time God takes a covenant, people turn away and break off from it.

It's clear to me, in the same way Ali (a) in Quran and Sunnah is clear to me. People can always interpret things however they desire and deny the context of God's words and put God's words out of place instead of seeing holistically and contextualizing his words with respect to each other.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member

So was the ugly sister in Cinderella ;-\