• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mass Baptism

SDavis

What are we supposed to say about this? Not a fan of the values of this church in general.
It's a news article ..... You are not *SUPPOSED* to say anything if you care not to but apparently you had something to say even if it was what are you supposed to say about it. As far as his values his church helps people in Houston and around the world the thing is they don't advertise it. He doesn't even accept a salary from the church and hasn't since 2008. You don't have to like the values of Lakewood or do you even know them or one of the ones who listen to the propaganda.

SDavis

Obviously they aren't using their money to do what Jesus told them to do with it.
Lakewood Church doesn't pay Joel Osteen - people are so quick to listen to negative propaganda and spread it.

Lakewood Church uses much of its money through its ministry helping people not only in Houston but around this country and around the world the difference is they don't advertise it they're not looking for the praise of man.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Lakewood Church doesn't pay Joel Osteen - people are so quick to listen to negative propaganda and spread it.

Lakewood Church uses much of its money through its ministry helping people not only in Houston but around this country and around the world the difference is they don't advertise it they're not looking for the praise of man.

That's not telling us how much they actually are using. With that gaudy and elaborate of a church I doubt the percentage is very high or generous.
Amd who exactly are they spending it on? Churches are notorious for keeping the money within their own group.

SDavis

That's not telling us how much they actually are using. With that gaudy and elaborate of a church I doubt the percentage is very high or generous.
Amd who exactly are they spending it on? Churches are notorious for keeping the money within their own group
If a person truly wants to know the spending habits of a church all they have to do is pull it up Lakewood is posted online look it up. And as always there are compliments - Lakewood ain't doing enough out of all the money they make.

And putting all churches into the same group is definitely a flaw in many people.
All churches are not the same.

And we are so busy looking at what we feel others should do what are you doing?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Tell a lie long enough........

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
And we are so busy looking at what we feel others should do what are you doing?
When Christians hardcore fail at tending to the splinter in their own eye before pointing out the beam in the eye of another, yes, I will delight in pointing out the hypocrisy.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Tell a lie long enough........
Jesus told those who follow him they must sell all their possessions and give the money to the poor. Living in a mansion is an obvious and apparent sign of hypocrisy and failure to follow even a simple commandment of the one they call Mesaiah, who also said you can't serve god and mammon at the same time.

Twilight Hue

Jesus told those who follow him they must sell all their possessions and give the money to the poor. Living in a mansion is an obvious and apparent sign of hypocrisy and failure to follow even a simple commandment of the one they call Mesaiah, who also said you can't serve god and mammon at the same time.
Yep.

Jesus wandered and traveled. Not live in opulence and luxury.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Yep.

Jesus wandered and traveled. Not live in opulence and luxury.
What I don't get, Conservative Christians are often stingy and speak ill off the poor and utterly terrified of mooches and people getting things they didn't work for. But their Messiah had no job, no money, and he was definitely a mooch living off others. And not only that, he told his followers to dothe same and be like him.

Twilight Hue

What I don't get, Conservative Christians are often stingy and speak ill off the poor and utterly terrified of mooches and people getting things they didn't work for. But their Messiah had no job, no money, and he was definitely a mooch living off others. And not only that, he told his followers to dothe same and be like him.
Selfless service is easier said for other people to do.

Point being is the adage that God provides, of which of course the reality shows the fact that God dosent provide in any way because it can't.

This of course falls on how well the clergy can extract from its followers and sympathizers through various means and results in the extravagant cottage industry we see today.

I love your mooching reference... can't help it but sing along with this...

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Selfless service is easier said for other people to do.
Yup. It's easy to want others to work and do the crap, but we're people and why I said I'm not Jesus when a job was passed to me that was minimum wage for a position that was a basically a Medical Assistant in duties but not name, and said I'd rather go make pizz dough down the road if my shoulder wasn't so messed up. And I assume it's why the position is still open. But there will be those complaining of people "not wanting to work."