• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Male Gay Characteristics

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Mannerisms, speech (choice of words, intonation). There is a documentary called Do I Sound Gay? that explores one man's study of it. Most people say they didn't know I'm gay, and are surprised to find out I am. Others have said they knew immediately. I know that when I'm tired and my "guard" is down my mannerisms and speech tend to change.

At my former job we had a new vp of marketing who came to our location to introduce himself. As soon as he started speaking I thought "he's as gay as a picnic basket" (not that there's anything wrong with that). My (female) boss and (female) coworker later asked me what I thought of him. I said he was smokin' hot and as queer as a herd of unicorns. They said "Nooo, how do you know!?" I said he is, trust me. They insisted he was straight until they saw his and his husband's wedding pictures. Lol

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
The plot thickens... Let us know when you find out more, I am starting to feel like I am watching this new TV show and waiting for the next episode to come out...
Hehe. I don't think I can find out any more. She can't apparently remember who said it and I'm not about to question all my colleagues over the matter. Or perhaps I could hit on them all and see who's the most shocked. :flushed:

It will probably have to be one of those Why on earth did they leave such a cliffhanger and then not commission another series?

Tamino

Odd compliment I got at a LGBT bar... (My roommate vvas a lesbian and begged me to go with her.)

A woman came up and tapped my shoulder: "Excuse me. I understand you're straight, but I just had to let you know you've got the best [boobs] in the bar!"

The woman was so meek about it... I laughed and thanked her and we went our separate ways. I appreciated the politeness of delivery of a somewhat crude compliment.
Yes, you need to understand that well-shaped breasts can be terribly distracting if you're attracted to that sort of thing.
I once sat in the train with a young woman in the seat across from me, and I thought that she looked oddly attractive... even though she was too young for me and the face and hair was not really my type... Still, there was something about her...
Took me half the ride to figure it out: her breasts were the same size and shape as my wife's!
I didn't tell her that, though.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Why brave? It was a perfect opportunity to do an inspection of the relevant area. Purely for comparative data, of course...:innocent:
Careful - that halo is slipping.
How did you pitch it? -
"So anyway I was looking at this attractive young woman on the train today, trying to figure out what I was specifically being attracted to and it suddenly hit me - it was her breasts! And do you know what...er...oh, is that my suitcase?..."

Last edited:

Tamino

"So anyway I was looking at this attractive young woman on the train today, trying figure out what I was specifically being attracted to and it suddenly hit me - it was her breasts!
Yeah, that is pretty much verbatim what I said.:cool:

We don't really do jealousy. We have that type of relationship, we totally went to watch Wolverine in the cinema because Hugh Jackman runs around topless half the movie and we both enjoy the view.

Or as the saying goes: Appetit holen darf man sich, aber gegessen wird zu Hause - roughly "you can work up an appetite outside, but you eat at home."

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
This was unexpected...
A woman that I have worked with for about a year somehow managed to mention in conversation that she had assumed I was gay. Have you not heard me mention the word "wife" I asked. She had, but it didn't seem crucial in her assessment. I was bemused. She became embarrassed so I didn't ask how she had come to this apparently obvious conclusion.
(It's not that long ago that a woman was seriously hitting on me so I don't think I'm the most camp man on the planet).
So.... what could she have been making this assessment on? Aside from the obvious (whatever that might be) what would make you assume a man is gay?
Effeminacy and especially swinging their hips. But only bottoms swing their hips, so tops are harder to clock. Lol