• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lets say reincarnation is true.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
You can leave your next incarnation 1 truth, idea or goal from this life, what would that be.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
You can leave your next incarnation 1 truth, idea or goal from this life, what would that be.
Reincarnation, at least my loopy version of it, is a cumulative thing. As you "progress" you become more aware. If I wasn't where I was in terms of inner reality, I'd be inclined to send the message, "There is much, much more, ahead. Relax!"

ajay0

To abide in self-awareness and don't fall for conceptualized belief systems and ideologies that blur this state through conditioning.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

Encounter the path I'm on earlier, chronologically, so there will be less time reprogramming the subconscious mind.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
What we do retain is greater intuitive understanding of life and what actions bring positive and negative consequences.

What we don't fortunately retain are specific memories - just imagine that your wife was your husband/wife, boss, underling, child, parent, ruler, slave, murderer, murder victim and so forth.

What we do retain is that which causes us to be very interested in someone we meet because we have unfinished business from prior lives.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
It would depend what im being reincarnated as. If a duck I want to learn about hunters. If a dog I want to know how to open doors.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I'd leave this idea: to listen carefully to what is said and not to dismiss it just because I think I've already heard it or thought of it before, not to think that I do not need advice or that other people's ideas are stupid, that art is not pointless and all those things people say like "Get your rest" and "don't run with scissors" aren't just sounds and the lyrics to songs are full of experience.

David T

Premium Member
That one truth I would pass on is That reincarnation is nutty.!!

Now de_incarnation is way more interesting if you ask me. If you are bad you are de_incarnated like shoots and ladders. I have been deincarated into the dark ages for my sins. I believed, or did not believe, or was agnostic, as that being fundemental and management to sent me backwards to this time where that is normal!!!!. So sad.

Tonstad39

Senior headwriter of the Onstad Mythology Series
I will try to make sure that this lifetime is spent to the fullest of its potential in line with my later vocational goals and interests.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I know a guy who wanted to be reincarnated as a stud, and he got his wishes as he's still in a snow tire.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I know a guy who wanted to be reincarnated as a stud, and he got his wishes as he's still in a snow tire.

Yes, one must be careful what one wishes for, or thinks at the time of death. It's a Vaishnava Hindu belief (I don't know what other samradayas believe) that what one thinks of at time of death, one will be associated with that in the next life. In the Gita Sri Krishna tells us that if we think of him when leaving the body, we will go directly to him. George Harrison passed away chanting the names of God.

There's a story of an old shopkeeper who was wise enough in his younger days to name his three sons Narayan, Govind and Gopal (all names of God). His logic was that on his deathbed he would call these names, thereby securing his ticket to go directly to Krishna's abode and not be reincarnated. The names of God are non-different from God. Good, got that sewn up. The time came when he was a very old man on his deathbed ready to quit his body. He called for his sons. He called for Narayan, who came quickly. He spent time with his son, repeating his name knowing that if he died then he would be remembering God. Then he called for Govind who came quickly. He spent time with his son Govind, repeating his name. Because he loved all his sons equally he called for Gopal. The man spent his last minutes with his sons, repeating their names, knowing death was imminent and that by repeating their names he was certain to obtain moksha. But at the last moment, he had a spark of lucidity, and with his last breath said "wait, who's watching the store!?" Then he died.