• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Laundry emergency!

evearael

My toddler always helps me with the laundry which has been very sweet, until now. An orange crayon went through the washer and dryer and has destroyed all of my clothes except what I wore yesterday. My daughter's clothes are covered but most of the affected items are 2T and she is almost in 3T, so it will work itself out in a couple weeks. Is there any hope for my clothing?

(Yes, I've learned my lesson: to check every pocket and shake everything out before washing and drying clothing.)

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Ouch! I'm sorry, I haven't a clue..........:(

nutshell said:
You can put a scoop or two of Oxy-Clean into the washer and run the clothes through again. That might work.

Good suggestion!

Buttercup

Veteran Member
I think you need to let it soak in Oxy Clean for a bit though.......have you tried a search online for crayon solutions, Leonne? Seems like other moms would have gone through this I bet. :)

Super Universe

Defender of God
Maybe if you wash them again but this time with some green and red crayons thrown in.

It could be a new style. Tie dye'd work and dinner clothes!

lizskid

BANNED
I am the queen of all stains at my house. I dampen the stain, then rub in some Dawn dishwashing soap and "scratch" over it with my nail until there is a suds all through it and it is thoroughly through the stain. I let that sit for a bit, not long. THEN I put just enough water to cover the clothing in the bottom of the washer, with the normal amount of soap for a FULL load, and let that sit over night. I throw in some more stuff and do a whole load the next day sometime. Almost everything comes out.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Super Universe said:
Maybe if you wash them again but this time with some green and red crayons thrown in.

It could be a new style. Tie dye'd work and dinner clothes!
I'm thinking you need a spanking. Buttercup > :slap: < Super Universe