• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Koran dated to before Muhamad birth.

Unification

We could ask him/her why the 2 major deities in Judaism are older then the brahma mythology.

But its obvious he/she is not interested in debating at all, and with every post were only feeding it.

I keep it on ignore for constant lack of any credible methodology or reason. But he trolls my post knowing I often don't see his weak personal attacks.

Let's debate: provide evidence Muhammed existed and that his date of birth is accurate. This is the fourth time I have asked, do you want to debate or no?

outhouse

Atheistically
Actually, your link states "the parchment it was written on"...
Not "the words written on the parchment."

Correct.

But in this case, it was animal skin. These were known to be prepared and written on at the same time, so the ink is usually identical.

They had to bind the books rather quickly to preserve the parchment from humidity changes. It was pretty expensive so they did not leave it laying round, it was cheaper then paper that was about on the scene.

We see no evidence of palimpsest on the parchment to warrant trying to date the ink by its trace amounts.

outhouse

Atheistically
No links are needed, no credible scholars are needed, all that's needed are the written texts that exist with similarities.

Factually false. Without context, your unarmed :rolleyes: .

These are plagiarized similarities in text. Not the uneducated garbage you linked to.

Bible:

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night.
Genesis 1:1-5 - KJV
Qur'an:

Praise be God, Who created the heavens and the earth, and made the darkness and the light. Yet those who reject Faith hold (others) as equal, with their Guardian-Lord.
Qur'an 6:1
And We appoint the night and the day two portents. Then We make dark the portent of the night, and We make the portent of the day sight-giving, that ye may seek bounty from your Lord, and that ye may know the computation of the years, and the reckoning; and everything have We expounded with a clear expounding.
Qur'an 17:12

Genesis 1:31[edit]
Bible:

And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
Genesis 1:31 - KJV
Qur'an:

Who created the heavens and the earth and all that is between them in six Days, then He mounted the Throne. The Beneficent! Ask anyone informed concerning Him!
Qur'an 25:59

DO YOU HAVE ANY CREDIBLE EXAMPLES or just thread derailing?

outhouse

Atheistically
Let's debate: provide evidence Muhammed existed and that his date of birth is accurate. This is the fourth time I have asked, do you want to debate or no?

Go derail elsewhere its off topic

I think he did exist very close to the time periods stated. I could care less when he was born.

don't troll my thread

Unification

Go derail elsewhere its off topic

I think he did exist very close to the time periods stated. I could care less when he was born.

don't troll my thread

Your opinion doesn't matter in debate forums. "Think" is unsubstantiated and personal opinion.

"I can care less when he was born"..... Then you've trolled your own thread.

outhouse

Atheistically
These are plagiarized similarities in text. Not the uneducated garbage you linked to.

Bible:

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night.
Qur'an:

Praise be God, Who created the heavens and the earth, and made the darkness and the light. Yet those who reject Faith hold (others) as equal, with their Guardian-Lord.
And We appoint the night and the day two portents. Then We make dark the portent of the night, and We make the portent of the day sight-giving, that ye may seek bounty from your Lord, and that ye may know the computation of the years, and the reckoning; and everything have We expounded with a clear expounding.

Bible:

And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
Qur'an:

Who created the heavens and the earth and all that is between them in six Days, then He mounted the Throne. The Beneficent! Ask anyone informed concerning Him!

As our friend outhouse has given his religion as " Atheistically", the same way our friend Augustus has given his religion as "None", so our friend Augustus is not a Muslim, if I don't get him wrong.

At least someone can read/

Some atheists here are very quick to forcibly convert those they disagree with.

I didn't think the word 'none' was that ambiguous...

While the plagiarism of islam is not even up for debate. IT IS what took place

Going back to 'credible sources', which you tend to ignore if I post:

"a good number of Qur’ānic pericopes look like Arabic ingenious patchworks of Biblical and para- Biblical texts, designed to comment passages or aspects of the Scripture, whereas others look like Arabic translations of liturgical formulas.

This is not unexpected if we have in mind some Late Antique religious practices, namely the well-known fact that Christian Churches followed the Jewish custom of reading publicly the Scriptures, according to the lectionary principle. In other words, people did not read the whole of the Scripture to the assembly, but lectionaries (Syriac qǝryānā, “reading of Scripture in Divine Service”, etymon of Arabic qur’ān), containing selected passages of the Scripture, to be read in the community. Therefore, many of the texts which constitute the Qur’ān should not be seen (at least if we are interested in their original Sitz im Leben) as substitutes for the (Jewish or Christian) Scripture, but rather as a (putatively divinely inspired) commentary of Scripture."

Discuss...

outhouse

Atheistically
lectionary principle

Does not describe the plagiarism that took place.

It ONLY describes one method of oral traditions. But oral traditions are not how the warrior learned the religion.

He was collecting written traditions.

Not only that he relatives were Christians, he had to travel no where, he had sources on tap.

Therefore, many of the texts which constitute the Qur’ān should not be seen (at least if we are interested in their original Sitz im Leben) as substitutes for the (Jewish or Christian) Scripture, but rather as a (putatively divinely inspired) commentary of Scripture."

Nothing credible there to discuss. Its worthless apologetic rhetoric.

(putatively divinely inspired) is not academia nor is it any part of credible history.

outhouse

Atheistically
#1 Who's ideas or work did these traditions belong to originally?

#2 Does islam claim these are the true traditions received from the man?

Answer the questions

outhouse

Atheistically

I love when people don't have the first clue about context.

You are defending the religion, that makes it "yours" to defend.

Now you refuse to answer honest questions, and ever muslim I have ever debated does the same thing, so maybe you were a muslim at some point in time?

outhouse

Atheistically

Then whats your problem. You didn't read this very well.

These are plagiarized

Bible:

Qur'an:

Bible:

Qur'an:

outhouse

Atheistically
.the Qur’ān should not be seen as substitutes for the (Jewish or Christian) Scripture.

tell it to the muslism that refuse any and every part that does not agree with the Koran who claim the koran did not originate from these previous religions they view as corrupted.

Thanks for the bumps, keeping truth on top.

Unification

Bible:

Qur'an:

Bible:

Qur'an:

You have a copy of the first source about Abraham and Sara... Now find a copy of the Vedic text source.

Those texts you listed, are they plagiarism or influence?