• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jordan Peterson on Sex

Firenze

Premium Member
We don't have a kill everything instinct. Most animals, including reptiles, don't kill unless it's food, protecting mates/cubs, feeling threatened and some over territory. But mostly we try to avoid amd flee violent encounters. That's the animal kingdom in a nutshell.
Feeling threatened, yes. That’s where the xenophobia comes in. Reptiles will try to kill any ‘other’ if it can - because every ‘other’ is a threat.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I assume your exit from this thread is an admission that you recognized the flaws in Unwins claim that societies fail as they become sexually permissive.

No... it is just being tired of the merry-go-round. Don't want to go around Mt. Sinai again.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
While I'm not sure about this - whenever I read your responses about Europeans, I think that there's probably a difference between them and US people.

But then again, when you speak on US people, I also see a difference between them, and the US people that I personally know.
I thought @Estro Felino only spoke for all Italians but seemingly they speak for all Europeans.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Feeling threatened, yes. That’s where the xenophobia comes in. Reptiles will try to kill any ‘other’ if it can - because every ‘other’ is a threat.
No. They don't try to just kill. Reptiles too are animals and rarely attack unless threatned, hunting, protecting a mate/cubs with some being aggressively territorial. That isn't attacking anything.
And I assume at this point, corectly I do believe, you aren't aware a number of reptiles are herbovores and don't have a means to attack and kill. I assume you don't know what reptiles are, or you'd automatically know many are not killers. I assume you don't know the diversity of what reptiles really are, because many are very docile and non-threatening.

Shadow Wolf

I think, that as far as I have understood, in the US people, especially women take pride in saying they don't have a sex life.
Do you ever get tired of being told you are extremely wrong and not even talking about America?
Amd, by the way, you've already shared with us Italian women are not being satisfied by their Italiam male lovers. It was even something I checked up on and found sources verifying what you said.

Shadow Wolf

It's only Freudian in the vaguest sense, in that he was one of the first to come up with "talk therapy" as a concept. But the talk therapy we're doing today is light years away from what Freud was up to.
That we have things going on subconsciously is about the only thing he got right. I mean, that in itself is absolutely profound and a basic assumption of clinical treatment to acknowledge these unconscious biopsychosocial factors that create the inner working, behind the scenes building blocks that make a human being into an individual person.
But after that? We've just learned better and from today's perspective he was out there in another galaxy. He was a sex obsessed nut.

Sargonski

Go back and scroll through your posts.

"Yup .. DSM 5 is about perscribing Drugs ... the fact that it is "Evidence Based" does not change the fact that this is based on the Freudian school of thought ... labeling some patent ... putting them into a pre=ordained schema .. on the basis of answers to questions."

It's only Freudian in the vaguest sense, in that he was one of the first to come up with "talk therapy" as a concept. But the talk therapy we're doing today is light years away from what Freud was up to.

Boy, somebody really thinks highly of himself.
LOL

Was I? Looks like you've confused me with someone else, O Great Sage.

I'm responding to your claim above that "DSM is about prescribing drugs ... " You know, the thing you deny saying.

Looks like you're confused about who you're talking to.
I'll give you more time to master the fine art of posting to the right person, O Great Wise One. ;)

Do you have anything other than Strawman fallacy .. post after post I have never denied saying the DSM is about proscribing Drugs .. and has been explained to you numerous times .. while DSM is about diagnosis .. this then leads to drug perscription.. in many cases. ..

who said we have not advanced since Freud .. and why are you pretending I said this .. and what is the psychological diagnosis for this issue Mr. Psychologist .. what do they call this one these days that is so different than the Freudian Label ?

Firenze

Premium Member
No. They don't try to just kill. Reptiles too are animals and rarely attack unless threatned, hunting, protecting a mate/cubs with some being aggressively territorial. That isn't attacking anything.
And I assume at this point, corectly I do believe, you aren't aware a number of reptiles are herbovores and don't have a means to attack and kill. I assume you don't know what reptiles are, or you'd automatically know many are not killers. I assume you don't know the diversity of what reptiles really are, because many are very docile and non-threatening.
And I assume you completely missed the fact that I was referring to reptiles from millions of years ago, which you clearly know nothing about. It's OK, I enjoy your pedantry. ;)

Shadow Wolf

And I assume you completely missed the fact that I was referring to reptiles from millions of years ago, which you clearly know nothing about. It's OK, I enjoy your pedantry. ;)
Millions of years ago there where still reptiles that were herbivores and docile.
Methinks you've seen too much pop-biopsychology and not explored anything deeper than that.

Firenze

Premium Member
Millions of years ago there where still reptiles that were herbivores and docile.
Methinks you've seen too much pop-biopsychology and not explored anything deeper than that.
Yes, because no species ever evolve..... Enjoy your ignorance on this subject. :eek:

Shadow Wolf

Yes, because no species ever evolve..... Enjoy your ignorance on this subject. :eek:
You're the one saying we're still dealing with a kill everything instinct with our reptilian brain, the one who has never heard of turtles or sauropods.

Firenze

Premium Member
I thought @Estro Felino only spoke for all Italians but seemingly they speak for all Europeans.
He's generally correct though. Much of Europe simply does not wear the shackles of puritan repression we have in the US. It's part of why they have far less sexual assault against women, as shown earlier in this thread.

Shadow Wolf

He's generally correct though. Much of Europe simply does not wear the shackles of puritan repression we have in the US. It's part of why they have far less sexual assault against women, as shown earlier in this thread.
Parts of Europe are very Orthodox leaning. It just does no good or use to try to speak of Europe beyond a common Christian heritage. That's a big reason Russia is considered European despite most of it being in Asia. It may be different from other European countries, but so is Germany, Norway, England, Hungary, France, Spain, Ireland, Romania and Ukraine.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Parts of Europe are very Orthodox leaning. It just does no good or use to try to speak of Europe beyond a common Christian heritage. That's a big reason Russia is considered European despite most of it being in Asia. It may be different from other European countries, but so is Germany, Norway, England, Hungary, France, Spain, Ireland, Romania and Ukraine.
Honestly I don't know any part of Europe which is conservative, as for talking about sex.
For instance, whenever I talk about my sex life and about my sexual preferences, none of my friends or acquaintances is weirded out.

Here some Americans are weirded out by what I say.
Why? ;)

Last edited:

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Honestly I don't know any part of Europe which is conservative, as for talking about sex.
For instance, whenever I talk about my sex life and about my sexual preferences, none of my friends or acquaintances is weirded out.

Here some Americans are weirded out by what I say.
Why? ;)

To be fair, I don't think it's so much about level of drive or anything, as it would be about some of the things you talk about being a bit taboo for Americans.

For example, you have talked about how attractive you think some Republican politicians are. This would be like us Americans talking about it or joking about having an attraction to the Pope.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
To be fair, I don't think it's so much about level of drive or anything, as it would be about some of the things you talk about being a bit taboo for Americans.

For example, you have talked about how attractive you think some Republican politicians are. This would be like us Americans talking about it or joking about having an attraction to the Pope.
Actually I also talked about how I find Hunter Biden irresistible... ;)
especially because after seeing some things...about him...