• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Israel-Gaza : Senator Schumer denounces Netanyahu

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Good. Netanyahou's government is causing so much damage for world opinion about Israel and Jewish people, imo. And it's humanitarian record is gone.....
And the Brit government seems to be hard set about supporting him, which really is shocking.
There is a Jewish contingency which is demonstrating with the crowds in the GB marches, supporting the civilians in Gaza, and the anger seems to be growing about the Israeli government, both here and around the world.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I agree with Schumer as Netanyahu is Israel's version of Trump.
Netanyahu is using the conflict in Gaza as a reason to remain in power. This reminds me of Trump wanting to delay the 2020 elections due to the pandemic. I remember Netanyahu being indicted on crimes some time ago, and I wonder if he is using his position to avoid accountability. That would certainly be a reason for him to make decisions that escalate conflicts instead of finding ways to stabilize the region. This illustrates the danger of putting corrupt people in power.

The USA and England are in a no-win situation of having to support Israel while they have seriously criticisms of Netanyahu. To pull support might escalate the conflict, so diplomatic efforts have to continue.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Netanyahu is using the conflict in Gaza as a reason to remain in power.

Yes, but that's not the cause of the conflict.

BTW, I am VERY far from being a Netanyahu or a Likud fan, and as a matter of fact I put him into the same camp with Trump, Putin, and several others.