• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Israel - Gaza - Columbia University

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I read it in its entirety, and I did not get that at all.
Neither did I
I suppose, in part, that's because it's what I've been saying all along. There will never -- ever -- be a solution to this problem that does not begin with "both Jews and Palestinians have the rights to life, liberty and self-determination -- like everybody else."
True IMO

Clizby Wampuscat

Eh, some bad optics. But some obvious exaggerations in there. It gives a couple of examples of isolated incidents, then suddenly and rapidly descends into individual students, individual accounts, and things that were just "stated" at the protest that have no reasonable human would assume were threatening or anti-Semitic.

Literally, one person.

How many did that? Got any numbers?

Meanwhile, here's opinions and experiences from Jewish people who are actually part of the protest:

I'm not saying there isn't bad optics, and some bad actors. What I am saying is that saying that this goes any way towards demonstrating that the entire protest is based on anti-Semitism is clearly and brazenly false.
I never said everyone involved in the protest is antisemitic.
We ought to focus on the actual issue that the protest was clearly intended to highlight: Israel's war crimes in Gaza and American institutions complicity in those acts.
No war crimes just Israel responding to a terrorists organization that wants to kill them all.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
At this point, I have to come down on the side of Netanyahu being a major part of this terrible stalemate, and he is so because his very position depends utterly on the continued support of some very bad hard-liners in the Knesset. He loses their support, he's no longer PM, and the criminal actions against him will proceed.
I blame Netanyahu, but no more then others in
the country. He has his government's support.
The people voted him in. They're unhappy with
him now, but not because of the genocide. It's
the hostage crisis. Palestinians don't matter,
except to be gotten rid of.
And here it is -- Netanyahu has turned down offer after offer, at the behest of this cabal of far-right players, because each and every one of those offers has called for an end to the war itself. Bibi (and cronies) won't accept that. And yet it's the only thing that makes any sense.
And his idea of a cease fire is for Hamas to stop
fighting. He plans to attack Rafa no matter what.
Biden, in my opinion, must now make the decision that continued support for Israel is not the same thing as continued support for Netanyahu and his right wing.
Biden has already chosen to support genocide.
He's even increasing the military aid for this.
But public pressure might cause him to change
course.....or likely not.
Or he really might lose the election in November. And that would be catastrophic for your own nation.
He's really scrooing the pooch by doubling down
on the wrong side of history. He's Nixon & Johnson's
illegitimate child.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
More to the point, why are you so focussed in covering for acts of Jew-hatred?
Tis you who try to delegitimize the anti-Israel protesters
by painting all of them with the venom spewed by some.
We don't see you criticize Israelis for chanting "Death to
Arabs!" & wanting Palestinians booted from Gaza.
That is a bigoted & deadly double standard.

We Never Know

No Slack
Same for anyone chanting "Death to Arabs!".
Those Israelis are worse.
At least Hamas has a humanitarian wing that
provides food, health care, etc.
So do you think after 9/11 the US should have stopped the war with Iraq after 3000 civilians died and said.."We are even. Lets call it quits"

We Never Know

No Slack
No, it's stupid.
If you want to ditch the drama, put some real
thought into a useful question, then we can
talk. Til then, I'll just pat you on the head, &
send you on your way.
Lol. Your whole arguement has been based on how many civilians have been killed by Israel.
I believe a time or two you pointed out they have killed many more than hamas killed.

"So do you think after 9/11 the US should have stopped the war with Iraq after 3000 civilians died and said.."We are even. Lets call it quits"

I knew you wouldn't answer because it blows your argument apart.

Run along. I've helped build your post count enough today.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
"So do you think after 9/11 the US should have stopped the war with Iraq after 3000 civilians died and said.."We are even. Lets call it quits"
It's dishonest to attribute a quote of your
own composition to me. That is just one
reason I find your posts unworthy of
addressing as you wish.
Be smarter.
Be honest.
And I will reconsider.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I just want to underline that it's a matter of perspectives.
The First Amendment allows me to say that such a video...no matter how it is "made for fun purpose" ....
well...shall I say it's far from the truth?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

So when they chant we are hamas you interpret that as not sympathizing with terrorists?
Love how they bulked up the list with stuff that isn't pro-Hamas at all.
  • People gathered and protested around a “By any means necessary” banner.
  • She continued, “Remember that militancy breeds resistance. Thousands upon thousands of students around the world have been moved to rebel because of your militancy.”
  • Students chanted “Viva, viva, Palestinia” while tearing down the American flag from a pole, cheering when it hit the ground.
Oh noes! They said something more associated with the Black Panthers. They tore down American flag. That surely means they are pro-Hamas.
All you've done is shown isolated incidents, not the views and trends of the larger group. Reminds me when RWers insisted we can't call the Tea Party racist because of a few bungholes waving overtly racists signs.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
  • She continued, “Remember that militancy breeds resistance. Thousands upon thousands of students around the world have been moved to rebel because of your militancy.”
  • Students chanted “Viva, viva, Palestinia” while tearing down the American flag from a pole, cheering when it hit the ground.
Oh noes! They said something more associated with the Black Panthers. They tore down American flag. That surely means they are pro-Hamas.
All you've done is shown isolated incidents, not the views and trends of the larger group. Reminds me when RWers insisted we can't call the Tea Party racist because of a few bungholes waving overtly racists signs.
They latch onto sins of few on the other side
because they can't defend the evil of the many
on their own.
It's diversionary. It's evasive. It's deadly.

Colt

440441459_371542495885255_2137874758355593431_n.jpg

Clizby Wampuscat

Nowhere did I say all or most protesters want Israel gone. The fact remains some do. This was an answer to a specific question.