• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the evolutionary doctrine a racist doctrine?

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
You know this about cells acquiring organelles for photosynthesis because ??

Not just photosynthesis, but also certain parts of the metabolism. Photosynthesis is done in chloroplasts, which are organelles inside of cells. But the interesting thing about chloroplasts is that they have their own DNA. And that DNA is structured in the same way as bacterial DNA (which is different than that for nuclear DNA in eucaryotic cells). By the way, the same goes for mitochondria in ALL complex cells.

The conclusion is that complex cells originated when a symbiosis started between certain bacterial cells. Those cells became, eventually, the mitochondria and chloroplasts of later cells. There is a LOT of data to support this, by the way (not just what i have described here).

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
And you believe this all happened (from the beginning onward) by the process of natural selection, right?
Just to reiterate, you believe that after the "start" of life, it all happened by "natural selection," right?

Yes, adaptation to changing environments adding up to large scale changes over many generations. That *is* evolution.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Not all Christians believe that, i suppose its possible that the mark of Cain was skin colour. It unfortunately seems that racism appears to be centred around the idea that white is the superior race. I know that the idea of survival of the fittest is claimed by YEC to be a driving force for racism, however, one could also use the argument that the mark of Cain is a driver of racism too...so i don't think either side of the debate are innocent here.

BTW, have we any evidence where black and white children arise from the same parents where both parents are same colour?

Yes, this happens. It typically happens when there is some interbreeding between races in the previous generations.

Are you of the impression that this is how races originated?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
It reminds me of an old clip from The Atheist Experience where someone called in and thought that evolution said that black and white people evolved from "different monkeys". Wear at least two pair of oven mitts if you ever hear that in of their replays of classic clips. You will need them.
I thought of that too!

I can hear the guy saying "Are you saying black people and white people come from different apes?" over and over.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Not all Christians believe that, i suppose its possible that the mark of Cain was skin colour. It unfortunately seems that racism appears to be centred around the idea that white is the superior race. I know that the idea of survival of the fittest is claimed by YEC to be a driving force for racism, however, one could also use the argument that the mark of Cain is a driver of racism too...so i don't think either side of the debate are innocent here.

BTW, have we any evidence where black and white children arise from the same parents where both parents are same colour?
I have olive coloured skin. Both my parents and my sister have the whitest palest skin you've ever seen. Is that what you're asking?

Pogo

I thought of that too!

I can hear the guy saying "Are you saying black people and white people come from different apes?" over and over.
Somebody else here who shall remain nameless also brought up this different apes for different races meme. Is this really a new Creo trope? Where did it come from?
Banana man?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Somebody else here who shall remain nameless also brought up this different apes for different races meme. Is this really a new Creo trope? Where did it come from?
Banana man?
That phone call was the first time I'd heard it before. This is just the second time. Maybe it is a new one ... ?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
By the way, eugenics was certainly something
If you go to one of the "trace your ancestry web sites," many of these sites now allow you to mail in a DNA sample, and they can trace your ancestry to different parts of the world, down to specific regions within specific countries. For example, in Europe alone, the site Ancestry.com claims they can estimate your ancestry from within 1765 regions of just Europe alone, plus all the other continents, countries and many of their regions. It appears shallow regional differences can appear on human DNA in a relativity short period of time.

Ethnicity Estimate | Next-generation AncestryDNA®

This brings up the question, if regional ethnic bits and pieces, can appear on our DNA, in a short period of time and linger to be seen centuries later, how about things like religions, that have been the central feature of all civilizations for thousands of years. Do we have religious genes on our human DNA? Would hate of religions. therefore be similar to being a racist, if religions have genes similar to race and ethnicity? These genes would impact behavior such as an enhanced imagination.

This could explain how many similar features appear in religions, over time, from regionally unrelated cultures. Christianity, for example, has many features from a common religious ancestry; part of the evolution of neural behavioral coding.

In the middle East, where the Muslim religion is still a strong central feature of many cultures, and behavior for selective advantage in culture is based on religion, this is very similar to selective behavior in any given ecosystem. There are also selective disadvantages that are enforced to speed up the process of coding. This may be good place to see how fast the DNA can change or reach a steady state. It also means ethnicity may not be fixed, but a moving target; speed of change. This speed may only apply to humans, since we have will and choice, and therefore can game natural selection with what can be called willful human selection and willful human selective advantages.
Sounds interesting, but would you know just how far back they can go?

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
So are you saying it's not possible for humans to de-evolve, or evolve to become fish again? you know, by mutations maybe?

Like all random walks, it is very, very unlikely that the walk will be reversed.

Possible? Sure. Just like it is *possible* for all the air in a room to collect in one corner until everyone suffocates.

Much more likely is having *further* mutations that lead to convergent evolution (so, whales look like fish, but are not).

YoursTrue

Like all random walks, it is very, very unlikely that the walk will be reversed.

Possible? Sure. Just like it is *possible* for all the air in a room to collect in one corner until everyone suffocates.

Much more likely is having *further* mutations that lead to convergent evolution (so, whales look like fish, but are not).
oh well...anything can happen, right? according to some theorists, I guess. :) Meantime, I read some very interesting news about microplastics which researchers (archaeologists) have found in some samples: so they found the microplastics leaked into the soil and got into the specimens they were looking at -- thus predicting this may change things a bit about how they are viewing artifacts. very, very interesting...

YoursTrue

Hi. I laughed when I saw your expression about whales look like fish but are not. Laughing is good for the body sometimes. Anyway, it's ok. I still believe God gives life and takes it away. No matter that scientists may say "we" all come from some random meeting of elements that began evolving to plants and animals by mutations. Oh, and that humans evolved from fish. Even though we have structures that fish may have. It doesn't convince me that natural selection by mutation did it. Some may shrug their shoulder at that but beyond circumchance cannot really explain it biologically that I know of. Even if they could, yup, I believe it's too fantastic to have just "come about." (I mean evolve.) Take care, nice talking with you.

Pogo

By the way, eugenics was certainly something

Sounds interesting, but would you know just how far back they can go?
Depending on how much of your sample they actually process, 100,000 years or so.
Human_migration_out_of_Africa.png

Pogo

So are you saying it's not possible for humans to de-evolve, or evolve to become fish again? you know, by mutations maybe?
Yes, evolution is a one way street. You may come back to a situation that looks like a prior state but you cannot go backwards. Even if we were to grow flippers and live in the water like dolphins that would be forward evolution and we would still be humans, not examples of our fish ancestors.

Tomef

What explanation does the evolutionary doctrine give to the different human races? Does this have to do with the species of apes that populated the different regions of the earth?

In any case, in human likeness, how many different races exist among the apes that later, according to evolutionary doctrine, became the different human races?
You do understand that the theory of evolution didn’t make evolution happen? What the theory does is try to explain what can be observed.

Last edited:

Pogo

oh well...anything can happen, right? according to some theorists, I guess. :) Meantime, I read some very interesting news about microplastics which researchers (archaeologists) have found in some samples: so they found the microplastics leaked into the soil and got into the specimens they were looking at -- thus predicting this may change things a bit about how they are viewing artifacts. very, very interesting...
You are confusing the idea of I can imagine something so it might be possible with the mathematics of probability and Entropy. Statistically there is a non-zero chance of a tornado assembling a 747 in a junk yard but it is so small that it might as well be zero, the same is true for reverse evolution, retracing a random walk isn't possible.

Pogo

If the answers to why evolution can't go backwards, the understanding and reasons are not due to evolution, but the physics of the universe we live in, and as such an unrelated topic though feel free to go study physics as well, it is part of a well rounded education.