• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is science against the Revealed Religion?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
If said religion is inherently contradicted by certain obvious conclusions(like saying the earth is flat, light is instantaneous, only 6k years old, ect) then yeah, probably, but that's because the religion in question is simply either woefully misinterpreted or is an outright fabrication(hello, $cientology).
The revealed religion does not present anything like that; it is not its core belief;such things are only peripheral and mostly misconstrued.
Regards

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Science "reveals" Scientific facts far better than any "revealed" religious scripture.
However science has, so far, been very poor at "Revealing" acts of God.

Science is not in the business of confounding religious belief.
However, religious belief, has a very hard time when it strays into any field of science.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Science "reveals" Scientific facts far better than any "revealed" religious scripture.
However science has, so far, been very poor at "Revealing" acts of God.

Science is not in the business of confounding religious belief.
However, religious belief, has a very hard time when it strays into any field of science.
Confounding or confirming, I think it'd be best to say.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I wish that were true.
The Bible recounts many events, including the account of the creation, that are not scientifically true or factual.
It is wrong understanding or wrong interpretation.
Does Bible claim that it is a book of science? Why look for science in it?
Regards

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Is there any ambiguity in it? Please
Regards
Not so much an ambiguity as an unstated yet IMO faulty premise.

Science can't very well be for or against revealed religion.

It can refute or validate specific religious claims, but that is about the closest that it can go.

It is actually philosophy, particularly ethics, that can challenge revealed religions by pointing out the inconsistencies of their proposed scriptures and deities.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
It is wrong understanding or wrong interpretation.
Does Bible claim that it is a book of science? Why look for science in it?
Regards

The Bible claims nothing about anything.
However PEOPLE make claims about what is in it.
And creationists claim creationism should be taught as a science in schools.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I am not proposing any experiments. I hear people say that science is against religion, I just want to see if it is so.
Regards
That is usually a misunderstanding or a straight misrepresentation. It happens often in Creationism.