• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you could met any three philosophers who would they be?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
- Marcus Aurelius
- Miyamoto Musashi
- a tie: Robert Ingersoll and Bertrand Russell

If we have to stick to living people, Daniel Dennett... and I can't think of two others.

Wirey

Fartist
If you could met any three philosophers who would they be?

Pascal - Just so I could try to cheer him up.

Descartes - I'd keep offering him drinks until he said "I think not," to see if he'd disappear.

Cao Cao - I'm curious if he knows his name is a delicious chocolate beverage.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Oh... I can't match the above!!! Your all so (bloody) educated!

Oh well.....
Kahlil Gibran........ sober
Dalai Lama.......... for tea
Omar Khayya'm..... and two bottles of good wine (hic)

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
OK, for my third philosopher, I'd like to meet King Solomon. I'm sure his running commentary on Chuang Tzu's and Plato's debate would be interesting, taking into account the political differences between Chuang Tzu and Pluto. :D

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
- not really philosophers, more philosopher/mystics Tirumular, Patanjali, and Tirujnanasambandar

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
- not really philosophers, more philosopher/mystics Tirumular, Patanjali, and Tirujnanasambandar
I don't know these individuals, but I figure that anyone who enlightens us regarding philosophical issues qualifies as a "philosopher".
(My 3 picks weren't licensed philosophers either.)

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Philosophers come in many disguises ... Some guy driving a truck or peeing at a urinal can make the most astute statements. So can kids. The rest of us learners just have to keep our ears and minds open.