• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If God incarnation, how do you know it is really Him ?

If God incarnation, how do you know it is really Him, and not a fake one ?
Take a DNA sample? :D

I think God can be known by the description in the Bible. Bible tells God is spirit. That way it can be quite easy to see who is not the God.

God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.
John 4:24
He who doesn't love doesn't know God, for God is love.
1 John 4:8
We know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and he who remains in love remains in God, and God remains in him.
1 John 4:16

chinu

chinu
Take a DNA sample? :D

I think God can be known by the description in the Bible. Bible tells God is spirit. That way it can be quite easy to see who is not the God.

God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.
John 4:24
He who doesn't love doesn't know God, for God is love.
1 John 4:8
We know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and he who remains in love remains in God, and God remains in him.
1 John 4:16
Which/what instrumenst are used for spirit-DNA test ? :)

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
IF God exist then what is your GUESS that what objective God have ?
If God exist He's given no clear indication of His objectives, much less His existence.
There are a thousand different religions outlining a thousand different Gods with a thousand different objectives. If any god exist, he apparently does not care whether we're aware of hime or his objectives. If he did he would sort it all out and make it all clear to everyone.

Muffled

Jesus in me
If it was really God, everyone would know it was God. There is no mistaking the real God.
I have the perfect quote for you. :D

“Were the Eternal Essence to manifest all that is latent within Him, were He to shine in the plentitude of His glory, none would be found to question His power or repudiate His truth. Nay, all created things would be so dazzled and thunderstruck by the evidences of His light as to be reduced to utter nothingness. How, then, can the godly be differentiated under such circumstances from the froward?”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 71-72

Right after everyone eon earth recognized that it was God, everyone would all be reduced to utter nothingness, and that is one reason God never shows up on earth, but rather sends Messengers to represent Him.
I believe however that the Bible says that Jesus emptied Himself of the great glory of God and allowed Himself to be more of a humble man.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I believe He is known by His words.
So you believe because he says so, because his words agree with a familiar narrative, or because the narrative is appealing to you?

How would this be evidence, unless the words correspond with
observable, measurable, testable facts?
I believe it is more art than science.
I agree, and art is in the eye of the beholder; subject to individual interpretation. It's not objective evidence of any particular reality.

Last edited:

Hawkins

If God incarnation, how do you know it is really Him, and not a fake one ?
First, a God is someone who have enough humans followers, that is, in order to be deemed a God. Does Zeus have enough human followers in order to be called a god. The answer is No, Zeus can be removed from the list.

Jesus at peak has 1/3 humankind as His followers. That sounds like a God now.

Second, if you were God-incarnated, you need to do this in order for your message to convey. A god is to convey a message which is important to humans, or else he can be completely ignored as he's now irrelevant to humans. You need to find like 12 persons, perform impossible miracles in front of them. If they are spiritual enough, they will partly reckon the possibility of who you are. Then you need to prophesy in front of them that you will be executed and rise 3 days later. Wow, that's something almost impossible unless you are truly a god of some kind, to foretell your own death and your own return. Then let them watch you ascending to heaven.

Now it's time to give them a hard time by asking them to die for your truth, for the effect of strongly indicating that they actually witnessed your truth, as no one would die for a lie they knew. Only when they witnessed with their own eyes about who you are, they are willing to martyr themselves for the truth they witnessed with their own eyes. Now the believability is gained, and better is that there is no other way which can achieve such a strong believability. Today we have cameras and recording devices to "enhance" a true testimony. In the ancient world then, the eyewitnesses (10 out of 12) are willing to die for what have been witnessed remains the only way to compose a strong believability.

Then it is time to hammer how such a truth shall be conveyed. An analogy is, if the US government has a crucial message for its citizens it should pass the message of a US-facing mass media such as CNN or Fox News to do the broadcasting. Similarly, if a god has an important message for this world, the message should then be broadcast in a world-facing manner, such as "the news should be broadcast/preached to all nations" through the god's mass media (which is Christianity).

chinu

chinu
First, a God is someone who have enough humans followers, that is, in order to be deemed a God. Does Zeus have enough human followers in order to be called a god. The answer is No, Zeus can be removed from the list. Jesus at peak has 1/3 humankind as His followers. That sounds like a God now.
First, Jesus died. So lets stop taking about him.
Second, if you were God-incarnated, you need to do this in order for your message to convey.
Second, I can't even sing a song.