• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have another question for YOU to ignore

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So disciples are made through disciples. What about this? Job 14:4

And this? John 3:6 And this? John 1:13 And this? John 3:7 And this? Romans 7:18

Galatians 5:17

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Can you think?

This is what is being taught: .....the whole world is under the control of the evil one. 1 John 5:19

But that means Jehovah took it away from the sons of Adam and gave it to a former angel thing.

Also, that opinion doesn't do much for what the Lord says which is, "whatever you are sowing, you will reap".

You do not have to cut up the Bible and throw some away. No, no!

You might want to think of what else it might mean.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Luke 23:53 King James Bible
And he took it down, and wrapped it in linen, and laid it in a sepulchre that was hewn in stone, wherein never man before was laid.

NTW 53 And he took it down+ and wrapped it up in fine linen, and he laid it in a tomb* carved in the rock,+where no man had yet lain.

But does it make more or less sense for it to say, he was laid in a place that no one had ever been assigned it? In other words, destined for it. No one else was destined for that place where they laid Jesus. It had never been assigned to anyone else.

The whole world with the evil is destined.

Also, you should probably look and see that someone added the number one there. So, instead of it reading that the whole whole in the power of the wicked one lies, it should say, the whole whole with the evil is destined.

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The end of the human race is worth nothing. 1 John 5:9. What do you think? Nothing?

OOPS wrong again. 1 John 5:19.

I love numbers! Don't you?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Have people learned to change Romans 12:9 from Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good, to - love must be always honest (from a human perspective), ignore what is wrong; hope for the best?

Muffled

Jesus in me
John 3:13 Acts of the Apostles 2:34

By these two scriptures the Jehovah's Witnesses believe that nobody who died before Jesus will ever go to Heaven.

Even though many people after Jesus lived who are called to Heaven will die before they ever go to Heaven.

@URAVIP2ME Why can't Jehovah resurrect a person to Heaven instead of to Earth?

I believe the JW's have misconstrued the meaning of those verses. (as usual)

Muffled

Jesus in me
I can't be sure if people think that persecution comes from me by me asking questions but I assume that I am in the bunch that she @Deeje means when she says she is being persecuted.

I have not challenged anything that I can not prove (to myself) so I leave blood alone, I leave the Trinity alone, I leave paradise Earth alone et cetera.

I have challenged Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses interpretation of some (a few) scriptures. I am not going to repeat myself here.

So I had a thought. I can say she is right that I use persecution. I don't use it against people. What would be the point?

It has occurred to me that the people of Jehovah's Witnesses and the dogma have become the same thing. I have to think of a question.

People can change, but dogma doesn't change without substantiation, but it is not allowed for Jehovah's Witnesses.

What is the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses making?

Is that like the saying that a dogma returns to its vomit?

Muffled

Jesus in me
Because Jesus peace be upon him came with the message to worship God and God only. He never claimed to be Lord. So when those who believe that he was a lord call him with that, he would tell them to go away.

Quraan

5:116
And [beware the Day] when Allah will say, "O Jesus, Son of Mary, did you say to the people, 'Take me and my mother as deities besides Allah ?'" He will say, "Exalted are You! It was not for me to say that to which I have no right. If I had said it, You would have known it. You know what is within myself, and I do not know what is within Yourself. Indeed, it is You who is Knower of the unseen.

5:117

I said not to them except what You commanded me - to worship Allah , my Lord and your Lord. And I was a witness over them as long as I was among them; but when You took me up, You were the Observer over them, and You are, over all things, Witness.

I believe that is a blatant misinterpretation of the verses. The meaning is that they shouldn't call HIm that unless they really mean it.

moorea944

I have no sure evidence that death is ever final. I believe it certainly is an end of physical life.

Sure we do. When we die, we are completely dead until the resurrection. That's part of the Gospel too. Paul preached that!! Then... when we are judged, we will be either accepted or denied into the Kingdom that Christ will set up at his appearing. Those who are accepted will be granted eternal life by God's grace and mercy. Those who are not accepted will still be mortal and when they die again, then it will be final death. No resurrection.

Plus, not all people will be raised. Those who do not know God, will never be raised, Bible is clear on that. And that is also a "final death". In death, there is nothing. You cant live, think, love, remember, etc, etc.....

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Do you say it does not matter that Luke 23:53 says, "where no man had yet lain"? and where no man had been destined to be lain?

How about the word "yet"?

Maybe, just maybe, the writer meant to convey the thought that it was a burial chamber for nobody.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You might think that hiding behind what you know is right will save you, but doesn't everyone do that?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If Jesus is

1. the truth
2 the Word
3 The Christ

then I think it is important to walk by right words and not wrong words.

What's wrong with that?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think the God that I and the Jehovah's Witnesses try our best to worship really does (1 Timothy 6:16)"16 ......dwells in unapproachable light,+ whom no man has seen or can see.+ (To him be honor and eternal might. Amen).

Therefore, might I conclude that no human past, present or future will EVER know for certain the things you all are arguing about* but you hold them us as the most important words to walk by.

*Such as; Does God have a body and what does it look like?

I think that what is important is what the day will look like when Christ returns as though he has been gone.

People will still be acting as though I do not exist and they will still be puffed up and fighting. That is what I see. I don't like it fyi.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
With this in mind; Romans 8:38-39 it is reasonable to believe that false prophets will come with something that looks good, right and just because it is written that even the chosen ones might possibly be misled. Matthew 24:24

What, in your opinion, is good, right and just?

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I have asked this before and I realize I am wasting some little time, but here it is again for posterity.

It is written that many will come in the name of Christ saying, "I am Christ" and mislead many.

It is believed by people with an education that it means that people come saying THEY are Christ.

Might it mean that many come in Jesus name naming HIM Christ but they are not God's chosen ones and they prove to mislead people (even with their good intentions)?

πολλοὶ γὰρ ἐλεύσονται ἐπὶ τῷ ὀνόματί μου λέγοντες Ἐγώ εἰμι ὁ Χριστός, καὶ πολλοὺς πλανήσουσιν

http://biblehub.com/text/matthew/24-5.htm

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
According to you, is a person saved via good intent?

What is saved? Judged for righteousness.

Is a person judged righteous because of his or her good intentions?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
4616732eb9b4702ee0726ec8fce81c65.jpg

True or 100% false?

Is it not why we are top "hate what is bad"?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So then, if it is the truth that the mind is able to destroy something then the question is, why are we making room for evil to dwell on the Earth?
Why not eliminate places for evil to exist?
One answer is that evil makes mediocre appear good. Another answer is that some "good" people might want to leave the possibility of evil existent. What is your answer, please?

I met a man who has a plan to convert Islam to Christ. He is serious, very serious.
I did not tell him that to change a person for the better you must be better than they are. I know for a fact that Christians are not better than Muslims.

Last edited: